Battlefield V

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As I was catching up in this thread this is all that went through my mind, I want realism light and it just feels like they're move away from that and closer to CoD style faster paced gameplay. There's an actual reason why I don't play CoD. There was a reason that rivalry existed.
Loved big maps! I felt they allowed a terrible FPS player like myself the ability to do a little better. I'd be able to run around longer, or hide a little longer. In super close maps, it's all about your twitch gameplay skills, and those have long since vanished for me. :(

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol no. The game is sold because it's pretty with lots of whizzbangers and plenty of basically never ever happened in any modern war close quarters combat with a swirling mass of enemies while everyone is armed with weapons that never really existed or definitely didn't exist in the numbers used.
That's ok though as no one wants to play starving on the Russian Front games armed with 3 bullets and a rifle to share among the 5 of you as you die of typhus.
Pretending that the majority of players know shit about history is.. Fuck man.. Half of y'all probably couldn't name a single country in Europe when you were in high school let alone have a grasp of the depth and breadth of European/world history.

5FBBAC13-4E7F-4CE4-A3D1-A2E8C5E5C2B4.jpeg

Look into xur’s Eyes.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It's funny they keep pushing the WW2 angle, as far as I can see there is nothing historically accurate to WW2 at all. Do they think using the WW2 as a selling point is why people will play it? Just give it up and say it it an alternate reality or some shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 174137

Look into xur’s Eyes.

The claw arm just cracks me up. It makes it so much worse. I imagine some guys in a meeting, "we have a woman lead isn't that awesome?" then somehow their SJW advocate directors go, "Yes that is great but we need to be inclusive of disabled people. Give her a cyborg claw arm. I don't care that its' 1943."

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was cruising the popular section of reddit last night and there was a BF5 post in that category. I laughed because it only had 100 comments on the post, no vote manipulation going on at all there.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The claw arm just cracks me up. It makes it so much worse. I imagine some guys in a meeting, "we have a woman lead isn't that awesome?" then somehow their SJW advocate directors go, "Yes that is great but we need to be inclusive of disabled people. Give her a cyborg claw arm. I don't care that its' 1943."
The campaign was built for a Bad Company game, and it was changed to a main series game 3-4 months out from launch by EA execs. Anybody who actually works at DICE will tell you this.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The campaign was built for a Bad Company game, and it was changed to a main series game 3-4 months out from launch by EA execs. Anybody who actually works at DICE will tell you this.

That does not make the claw arm less hilarious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Release delayed to Nov. 20th

That shit is like a direct insult to me. Nov 20 is my birthday. I dont want it to be associated with battlefield. If it were a Bad company remake, definitely. but not BFV

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That shit is like a direct insult to me. Nov 20 is my birthday. I dont want it to be associated with battlefield. If it were a Bad company remake, definitely. but not BFV

Guess what your getting for your birthday!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish it was a bad company game. BC2 is still my favorite.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
huh Origin Access users will get access to battlefield 5 ELEVEN DAYS ahead of normies. seems kinda... fucked up

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Let me fix this announcement:

"Today, we are announcing Battlefield 5 will have a new launch date, of November 20th. We did this because we would get our ass handed to us if we launched anywhere close to Red Dead Redemption 2, and this also gives a little more time to hopefully have people forget about our outlandish statements in these past few months which we never apologize for, and rather, exponentially expand upon in some of the dumbest ways imaginable, regarding the social justice in all of us. We don't care if we get it right, because we have never care if we get it right. It does sure sound good when we say that though so let's go ahead and say that too. With this extra time we also hope people will preorder more because boy howdy are you folks clamped up on your wallets this go around. What gives? Buying our games is a priviledge. At $59.99 you owe US. Regardless of what we say. (Which is always true until you find out otherwise in 3 weeks). Thanks everyone and please burn out on all the better games launching before us so you may consider what it was like to be the Bionic Woman with Purple Hair defending the likes of Anita since 1944."

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't get Dice's hard-on for SP content in this series now. This series was NEVER built on SP content. BF1942 was pretty controversial for it's time because it was a strictly online/lan FPS game. All SP content does is take away from online content development time.

DICE got to caught up with trying to compete with COD instead of sticking with what got them to the show.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SP Content makes it an easier sell for consoles

Dunno about that COD BLOPs said goodbye to it and it’ll be fine. I sadly will admit I love the COD campaigns especially Modern warfares.

Also I agree Bad company has an amazing campaign with likeable characters you cared about.

Russia invading South America and hacking our infrastructure was right up your 2016 alley bro.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
3-4 months out from announcement? That's a shame though, I'd much rather have a BC game. And roboarms would make sense.