Battlefield V

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

This game is pretty fun. I don't know how much longevity it will have since it's not F2P, but it has the best gunplay of any BR game, in my opinion.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Waiting for the free version at this point. How can we justify 30 or so dollars for this when a superior product released by the same publisher is free. They somehow shot themselves in the foot with how good apex is.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I agree with a lot of Jack's points but not all of them.

I do feel that this a much better form of PUBG, and like it a ton more than Apex.

My only real big complaint is that I feel that there is a limited amount of places to loot. With the map already cut down by a 1/3 to start, forcing 64 players into a landsize smaller than sanhok, and not as loot dense can get quite frustrating.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Waiting for the free version at this point. How can we justify 30 or so dollars for this when a superior product released by the same publisher is free. They somehow shot themselves in the foot with how good apex is.

That's probably exactly why it's not F2P - they see themselves as not competing against arcade shooters like Fortnite and Apex Legends, and competing against Call of Duty and PUBG. I think it's a bad decision, though.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this much more than Apex Legends, personally.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Loving this game mode, hope they expand upon it and do something about the UI and looting.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Loving this game mode, hope they expand upon it and do something about the UI and looting.

This is my biggest worry, I just don't think the Battlefield team(s) have shown they have the development agility to address issues and add content quickly.

The BFV community has been going apeshit over the last few months over the lack of content added. Plus, as Muurloen Muurloen 's video points out...they just didn't improve almost anything in the BR genre. It's a great game, but it's mostly because the core BF experience is fun, not because they innovated outside what BF already does well. They couldn't even provide any separate progression, rewards, or independent stats for Firestorm. It's mind boggling.

Last edited:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate that I'm mildly interested. How's it go for your good player vs streamer god mode player?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hate that I'm mildly interested. How's it go for your good player vs streamer god mode player?

The most difficult part is getting used to TTK vs regular mode. It takes about 4x the amount of bullets to down someone that it takes in the regular game, so if you're used to the TTK in the main game you end up getting missing kills due to letting off the trigger too soon.

Otherwise it's not bad, just like any BR game it's either dull or you get into continuous fire fights. Tanks aren't that powerful and can get destroyed easily (Which I think is a good thing). My only real complaints are how shitty shotguns are, how stupid OP an epic MG42 is with the increased fire perk (no bullet drop laser beam that kills people in seconds) and trying to sift through loot when someone dies. I'd also like to see more towns/houses.

It makes me wish PUBG gameplay was this smooth with this level of hit reg.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shotguns are dogshit, just like in every BR.

Really? I LOVE getting a shotgun as soon as I drop, they annihilate in close range. Once you're forced to travel in bigger open areas, you'll have to use your second weapon, of course.

In my experience, there's a high chance to place top 10 consistently if you just play a little bit strategically. That doesn't mean camping, but definitely being way more careful when it's called for.

My twitch skills have definitely degraded over the years, but I feel like I can do pretty well just by correctly choosing when to be patient or aggressive.

Last edited:

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't seem any better to me yet. Literally just lost a game because I killed 2 people, and their loot was all piled up and I couldn't pick up ammo before Firestorm closed in. Kill 2 more, and was in the final 3 with just a fucking pistol.

They really should just make ammo auto pick up based on the guns you have.