Battlefield V

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey that’s the beauty of games as a service. When it doesn’t sell, you don’t have to service it.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hey that’s the beauty of games as a service. When it doesn’t sell, you don’t have to service it.

And this is why the games as service will ultimately fail, and then maybe they will just go back to making good games with DLC and expansion packs?

Because if you think about it, the game DID sell, it sold however many copies and people are playing it, maybe not what the bean counters wanted, but it did sell millions. And only to get burned by the promise of this and that which will never be realized because beancounters do not see it being profitable to do so.

So why would a person take the risk in buying into another game with promise of free expansions and shit over the course of xx years, if they inevitably pull this shit on them over and over?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And this is why the games as service will ultimately fail, and then maybe they will just go back to making good games with DLC and expansion packs?

Because if you think about it, the game DID sell, it sold however many copies and people are playing it, maybe not what the bean counters wanted, but it did sell millions. And only to get burned by the promise of this and that which will never be realized because beancounters do not see it being profitable to do so.

So why would a person take the risk in buying into another game with promise of free expansions and shit over the course of xx years, if they inevitably pull this shit on them over and over?

Totally agreed - and on the other side, this is an easy way out for EA. Instead of a season pass and being forced to design content even if the game doesn't sell well and doesn't make sense, they can just say "Welp - we never promised anything and can pull resources"

Cybsled

I wouldn't be half surprised if they release the Pacific War as a new game BFV: Pacific. "We didn't lie, it isn't a paid DLC, it's a new game!!1!!11!!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they need to scrap the entire WWI/ WWII bullshit and give players what they want, more modern combat battlefields. Who wants to play war games with muskets and shit? On horeseback with swords?? That was a total turn off for me. WWII is a bit better, but why chose battles no one ever heard of or gives a shit about? Also, where the fuck are the Americans? Where are the russians? I dont give a shit about some side battle in Norway.

If they really want a games as service, it starts with a game that people want to play in the first place. Which is more modern combat type shit. How bout afghanistan? How bout Iraq? Man, people would be all over that shit.

Shit, even go back to Vietnam, You dont see this covered well in games anymore either. WWII has been done to death.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Nope agree with him 100%. Sick of WW2. Nam would be awesome. BC2 Nam was the shit!
The point I was trying to make is that I've always wanted more Vietnam games, and it doesn't matter if I'm sick of another era or not. Vietnam is the best war for a game because the technology isn't too advanced, the environments are awesome, it feels like apocalyptic chaos, and most importantly - Hueys.

BF:Vietnam was by-fucking-far my favorite BF game, with Bad Company being 2nd.

Cybsled

WW2 vehicles are most fun. Modern shit you start to get "HUR DUR ME SHOOT HEAT SEEKING MISSILE!! HUR DUR ME KILL PLANE"

Fuck you, Infantry classes. Die like the ants you are!

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
BF:Vietnam was by-fucking-far my favorite BF game, with Bad Company being 2nd.

You mean the original BFV right? That game was soooo good. Heli only servers were so much fun.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You mean the original BFV right? That game was soooo good. Heli only servers were so much fun.
My all-time favorite server was one that had tons of vehicles, but they were only the basic ones. No Mi-8s, No Gunship Hueys, No tanks, etc. Just transport hueys and jeeps, pretty much. Massive air battles with transport hueys using nothing but the door gunners was a blast.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
There was a tight knit group of pilot clans, that ran a few maps that were mig-17's and gunship hueys only. No heat seaking missiles.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Fuck more "modern combat type", there are so many of them that I can play now that would be better then anything BF could come out with

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not only that, but DICE can't balance vehicles for shit. You can still log into servers on BF4 where some asshole is 200 - 0 and can't be touched the entire game.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Not only that, but DICE can't balance vehicles for shit. You can still log into servers on BF4 where some asshole is 200 - 0 and can't be touched the entire game.
You have people like cybsled advocating for more of this type of vehicle>infantry superiority though.

How does going back to an era before manpads work better for reeling in the power of vehicles?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love powerful vehicles. I like them shifting combat to oh fuck deal with that now. I loved dealing with powerful vehicles on foot in 2142 thru bf4. Sneaky sneaky patient c4 man or precision guided rockets to the ass/wheels.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I would agree but they gave no one long range tank solutions in BFV, if the tank hangs back they are unstoppable.