Battlefield V

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CONSOLE SHIT DOING ON PC?

Derp, let's add pseudo-aimbot for potatoes! This is the first thing I've seen that is making me question picking up the game now.

Battlefield 1 had the same thing. Do you have a controller connected to your PC?

Cybsled

Why the hell would I use a controller for a FPS game on PC? lol

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No controller attached, but I was going to say I didnt notice it in game. On other hand vehicle lag, vehicle camera suddenly swapping first/3rd/zoomed for no reason. Transport with towed pak suddenly doing crazy 360's for no reason. Other buggy stuff.

I'd say as far as comment it feels different, I'd say definately CODification based on my swan dives into canel and ability to climb ladder, leap backward and reattach to ladder part way down and other acrobratics. Funny since vaulting some terrain is difficult unless I do a mount/vault kinda thing.

STG 44 with "reflex" aka red dot is pretty cod like 2-4 bullet tap murder machine.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Why the hell would I use a controller for a FPS game on PC? lol

Sorry, question was aimed at Sludig. I have a controller attached for Rocket League, but early on BF1 detected it and enabled console assists on PC. They eventually disabled such an advantage, but it may be something similar now with the new game.

It doesn't immediately mean they intended PC players to have access to the console assists.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
STG 44 with "reflex" aka red dot is pretty cod like 2-4 bullet tap murder machine.
Why do these dumb cunts make a game in a ww2 setting only to throw in modern tech? Just make a fucking modern game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

After 5-6 hours.... complete fucking aids unfinished unless they released beta with a very old build on purpose. From UI, to movement and physics bugs, bunch of other shit, can find something seemingly broken or not as youd think as intended. Vehicles are even worse than bf1 and largely more useless/unwieldy dumb powerups.

Each individual gun has a unlocking skill tree, course trying to do the STG I'm getting failed unlocks.

Tank choice is bizzare like no seeming difference between churchill and churchill atgun models other than gimping yourself using the non turret version.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Stupid is as stupid does.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I’m guessing they want something geared for esports. Presumably you maintain the class system, so you have your medic, sniper, assault, etc.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
After 5-6 hours.... complete fucking aids unfinished unless they released beta with a very old build on purpose. From UI, to movement and physics bugs, bunch of other shit, can find something seemingly broken or not as youd think as intended. Vehicles are even worse than bf1 and largely more useless/unwieldy dumb powerups.

Each individual gun has a unlocking skill tree, course trying to do the STG I'm getting failed unlocks.

Tank choice is bizzare like no seeming difference between churchill and churchill atgun models other than gimping yourself using the non turret version.

After looking through the menus and playing only two rounds, I completely lost interest in the game for a lot of you listed + more. The damn bleed out shit was annoying me really bad, want to be able to skip the fuck out it and go to the map. So I can at least plan where to spawn next.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
what the heck is DICE thinking, according to this article the BF5 battle royale mode will be squad only
Battlefield 5's Battle Royale Mode Is Called 'Firestorm' -- Here's What We Know So Far

16 teams of 4 person squads, so 64 player BR

Team based BR is great and a VERY, very different game than solo BR but not implementing solo BR seems incredibly stupid

Yep definitely passing on this now. even though i actually don't even play pubg solo often at all. I know it's a good thing to have at least that and duos. Until they announcing that they can do more than 64 (i think 100 is a good number still, feels more epic just as a number for BR), announce duos and possibly solos. OR it still manages to do BR ok and it's loved by non-schills

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah after much reading and the open beta streams I've changed my mind on this.

This will be first Battlefield I won't buy in as far as I can remember. Just looks meh.

I'll just keep living in Tarkov.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
maxresdefault_live.jpg

lol

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Sludig

Yeah after much reading and the open beta streams I've changed my mind on this.

This will be first Battlefield I won't buy in as far as I can remember. Just looks meh.

I'll just keep living in Tarkov.
Playyyy with meeee (tarkov). Though I've actually been trying to ween myself off to get other things done.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
what the heck is DICE thinking, according to this article the BF5 battle royale mode will be squad only
Battlefield 5's Battle Royale Mode Is Called 'Firestorm' -- Here's What We Know So Far

16 teams of 4 person squads, so 64 player BR

Team based BR is great and a VERY, very different game than solo BR but not implementing solo BR seems incredibly stupid

But History, the game is based on history and people want to play it due to History.. /cough

Sad that it sounds kinda shitty though! I got my FPS fill for a decade or so playing the everloving shit out of BF1 so I'm all good.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No one says the game needs to be centered around history. What people are pissed about is when a bunch of schmucks think they are appeasing SJW’s, or are SJW developers themselves, and not only fuck up their cause by adding some purple haired dike one arm bandit, they actually miss out on TRUE stories that could be told. Hell women Russian snipers were fucking kick ass and were real. Develop around that shit?

Nope. Let’s make some outlandish bullshit which turned out to be a copy paste from what was supposed to be BC3 anyway and then tell your customers before you get your walking papers out of the company that if “you don’t like it, don’t buy it. “.

Last time Bioware pulled this shit with SJW’s and ME:A, it was so hamfisted in they even offended the justice warriors and had to apologize to them. It’s that fucking hilarious right now.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I cannot fathom how anyone thought this was a better idea than BC3. What fucking executive is responsible for that dogshit direction? Just... fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I cannot fathom how anyone thought this was a better idea than BC3. What fucking executive is responsible for that dogshit direction? Just... fuck.

The same one who said "Oh look COD WW2 is doing pretty well"

• 1Like

Cybsled

BC2 came out a long time ago, so from a branding perspective it makes sense they would try to just make it a regular battlefield game to avoid “confusion”

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
BC2 came out a long time ago, so from a branding perspective it makes sense they would try to just make it a regular battlefield game to avoid “confusion”

I would buy that excuse except Battlefield Hardline came out 3 years ago, BC2 and BC1 did very well in sales - and they are morons and probably think that Hardline did poorly because people were confused.