Battletech

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
slide2-marauder.jpg

EXidSjw.jpg
Those pictures make me hard. I need those in the game soon.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Metacritic on this is a decent 84 at the moment with most of the criticisms being aimed at some rendering issues more than the gameplay.

Very much looking forward to this. I pushed to finish the core narrative of God of War last night just so I could dive into Battletech this evening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Come on guys, give those of us at work something to drool over! I gotta have something to get me through yet another boring workday.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol, these reviews.

rev1.png

Another negative review which was since deleted said "its a turn-based game and doesn't do justice to the legacy "

• 1SJW
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Played through the opening mission and I like it so far. Don't give a shit about the pronoun thing because they didn't have 63 (or however many we're up to now) genders, just male, female and neutral.

So far my only gripes are the UI not being explained all that well, and the camera clipping through terrain. Took me a bit to figure out what the heat and stability bars were, and I would prefer an option for numbers instead. When the camera zooms in on mechs in uneven terrain, it frequently clips through the terrain, making it so you can't see shit.

Soundtrack is good, but I'm going to fire up the old MW2/GBL/Mercs soundtrack while playing.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Having fun so far. First time in a while where I lost track of time playing a game.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Liking it quite a bit so far! I did laugh a bit at the "they" prounouns, and so far almost all of the pilots I'm seeing are female, and bluehairs at that, which is interesting. Otherwise, good stuff. Don't forget to up your armor on your starting mechs!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Playing it from work via TeamViewer, it isn't working half bad really. No sound, but can't have everything.

Since I chose a manly man, I hope I get to sex up the High Lady or whatever she is. Only seems fair.

Fadaar

That guy
Playing it from work via TeamViewer, it isn't working half bad really. No sound, but can't have everything.

Since I chose a manly man, I hope I get to sex up the High Lady or whatever she is. Only seems fair.

yeah about that

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Liking it quite a bit so far! I did laugh a bit at the "they" prounouns, and so far almost all of the pilots I'm seeing are female, and bluehairs at that, which is interesting. Otherwise, good stuff. Don't forget to up your armor on your starting mechs!

Ideal load out at least early on with medium and intro heavy's seems to be max armor and as many medium lasers and SRMs you can load on to your mech for your whole lance. Makes you super tanky and you can pretty much just alpha strike down every opposing unit on every turn. I'm pretty sure the most efficient late game will be running a single bruiser up close and personal mech to draw fire while you have a sensor lock bot targetting for two LRM platform type mechs. The sensor lock bot can also be a mobile style mech with jump jets so that you can pop in and destroy building objectives without having to expose your lance.

Evasion bonus seems to be king too, I like that though since it simulates how these mechs should be moving constantly throughout fights for position and to evade incoming fire.

On the frustrating but funny front I have a two pilot rotation going for my scout mech right now because every single fight they take a random shot to the cockpit and get injured for twenty days. I finally thought I was going to get through a mission without it happening and a enemy locust with only machine guns left managed to cockpit shot my pilot on the very last turn from pretty much max range.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No joke - SRMs are every bit as badass as I they looked like. Even lucked out at a store and got a SRM4++, which was nice.

Favorite "Fuck me..." moment so far - my Spider runs up to step on an SRM vehicle... and misses.