BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

I'd like to thank the good folks of FOH for the swift account approval.

I was jonesing to misc badly. Finally decided it's time to make the leap.

• 9Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 9 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's cool here but hard to get used to the running threads with no singular topic.
Learn to use the new posts button...

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 8.37.12 AM.png

And the notifications....

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 8.38.29 AM.png

They make it easy to keep up with the discussions you are participating in. It mostly happens automatically but if you aren't getting notifications on a thread you want to keep track of, make use of the watch thread button...

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 8.41.11 AM.png

It takes some getting used to, but it's actually much more efficient than just scrolling through thousands of threads.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Noticing even more 1 reply accounts this time. That host is burning the bridge with you guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He has to pay his ex 200k a month in child support. I am surprised he hasn't pulled an OJ
Isnt it 200k per child?

Either way, I bet that shit stings a lot more when your net worth has went down in orders of magnitude.

"… 18 years, 18 years
She got one of yo' kids, got you for 18 years"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Oh and if you're jumping into a long thread and don't want to read the whole thing, use the "jump to new" button and it will take you to the posts in just the last couple of days.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 8.44.29 AM.png

Once you have read the thread, the board will remember where you were and pick up where you left off automatically.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Oh and if you're jumping into a long thread and don't want to read the whole thing, use the "jump to new" button and it will take you to the posts in just the last couple of days.

View attachment 445906

Once you have read the thread, the board will remember where you were and pick up where you left off automatically.

the year is 2022, and yet we need to teach basic forum functionality... All they need to know that there are only 3 thread worth visiting

• 1Moron
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Regarding the Katya not making it bit.

Imagine being among the lone females on a sinking ship...

that sinking ship is traveling in desperate search of a place to shelter...

The almighty FOH welcomes us with open arms as misc refugees.

Until those offering shelter see the Queen, who they reject. Queen proceeds to get the boot off the refugee boat as her worker peasants continue paddling towards their new overlords, who they embrace whole-heartedly.

Oof.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users
Learn to use the new posts button...

View attachment 445900

And the notifications....

View attachment 445901

They make it easy to keep up with the discussions you are participating in. It mostly happens automatically but if you aren't getting notifications on a thread you want to keep track of, make use of the watch thread button...

View attachment 445902

It takes some getting used to, but it's actually much more efficient than just scrolling through thousands of threads.

Yep, correct.

If you're only used to the misc and it's decades outdated Vbullentin tech, FOH might seem confusing to navigate at first.

That being said, I can confirm from a different forum altogether that I use (which happens to use a very similar format to FOH) that the FOH format is waaaaaay better. Once you get used to it on a forum, it's hard to imagine that same forum ever running on the ancient web 1.0 tier format like the misc does. Even though I still like the misc a ton too lol.

Account approvals are manual and that looked like it could have been yet another Russian hooker trying to do business here. Would the great and powerful Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule please correct my error?

Being as new as I am here, I certainly don't expect you to automatically trust me ofc.

That being said, I can speak to the topic. katya is as legitimate as they come. She a quality poster that has been on the misc since like 2017. A legit female miscer (one of the very few) who posts a lot of interesting stuff tbh.

fwiw, I'd absolutely vouche for katya being accepted here. She's cool, and I am confident she won't let you down if you do reconsider her account approval status.

Hope this helps some. Cheers!

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users
So here I am.

I remember Fires of Heaven from Everquest.

Started as Semaddar, then Elfus and then Solja on Tunare.

No, not Soljaboy, if I listen to rap it is old school rap. Solja, like Buffalo Solja

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Being as new as I am here, I certainly don't expect you to automatically trust me ofc.

That being said, I can speak to the topic. katya is as legitimate as they come. She a quality poster that has been on the misc since like 2017. A legit female miscer (one of the very few) who posts a lot of interesting stuff tbh.

fwiw, I'd absolutely vouche for katya being accepted here. She's cool, and I am confident she won't let you down if you do reconsider her account approval status.

Hope this helps some. Cheers!

Once the boss gets around to it he can undo my rejection.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users