Best Credit Card with Cash Back Rewards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you use credit frequently, don't have much debt, don't miss payments, and have a decently long credit history it really doesn't matter. Sure, you may have an 820 score instead of an 830, but does it really matter? Nobody offers anything different when you get that high

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It was on Credit Karma and Discover, which yeah I know is only worth so much. My score has gone up like 120 points to 750 or so since so not too concerned. I'm only using a couple hundred dollars of credit per month for the most part. Wife still owes a couple grand on one card, paying off the other 20k bumped her 100 to nearly 800.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The discover number is FICO from Transunion, so that's pretty much what creditors use. Credit karma isn't, but it's a good approximation

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When I first read that I thought it said "extremely pissed" and I thought "wow, that's the first person I've ever heard complain about Discover"

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i have the chase freedom that i've been pretty happy with. probably save $400 or so a year with it. i'm thinking about getting the "double cash" card to compliment it.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Chase sapphire preferred with the 500 for 3k spending bonus now that you're a balling slumlord, it's also a metal card so it pulls tons of ass

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Chase sapphire preferred with the 500 for 3k spending bonus now that you're a balling slumlord, it's also a metal card so it pulls tons of ass
eh... i'm not big on the annual fees, and i probably don't do enough traveling to make it really worthwhile.

Picasso3

Waived the first year, you cancel it on renewal and move the credit limit to your freedom

Khane

hm... wouldn't be a bad idea in order to take advantage of the $500 sign on bonus
The current bonus is a little weak. They've done sign up bonuses with up to 70k bonus points on that card which is equal to $700 if you cash the points out. Even more if you use them for travel.

I personally prefer points because you can make them go a lot farther in cash value. For instance you can fly to Frankfurt on Singapore Air in one of the suites for 70k Chase UR points. That flight costs like $8,800.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The current bonus is a little weak. They've done sign up bonuses with up to 70k bonus points on that card which is equal to $700 if you cash the points out. Even more if you use them for travel.

I personally prefer points because you can make them go a lot farther in cash value. For instance you can fly to Frankfurt on Singapore Air in one of the suites for 70k Chase UR points. That flight costs like $8,800.
When the hell was that??? Lol

I found one that is 50k bonus on the chase sapphire, which it says is approx 625$ in travel? But shit, if I can get a free flight across an ocean, I'll sign up for whatever card for a year. Lol

Khane

When the hell was that??? Lol

I found one that is 50k bonus on the chase sapphire, which it says is approx 625$ in travel? But shit, if I can get a free flight across an ocean, I'll sign up for whatever card for a year. Lol
Every partner will have different monetary values for point conversions. $625 is just an average based on the value of what most people turn theirs in for.

I haven't looked at the point conversions in a long time though.

EDIT: I was trying to look at the KRISFlyer site (Singapore Airlines point system name) but I can't remember my damn member number and can't find my card. But flying in the singapore suites (better than first class) to Frankfurt from JFK round trip is $8868 and I'm fairly certain equates to roughly 70k KRISFlyer points. Chase UR points convert to KRISFlyer points at a 1:1 ratio.

That $625 figure is based off of things you book directly through Chase UR's travel agency and not their points partners. You're pretty much always going to get much higher value by transferring those points to partners and using them that way.

Fedor

<Banned>
Usingapple pay in storewith your discover card will get you an extra 10% cashback on up to $10,000 spend for the rest of this year.

If you're part of the double cashback program then that apple pay cashback is also eligible to be doubled.

You can use this app to find stores with nfc/apple pay:

MasterCard Nearby on the App Store

Picasso3

Barclaycard arrival plus coming up on its one year. Just signed up for the citi thankyou premier rewards, 50k points for 3k in 3 months.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Yeah, but it's pretty unlikely that you'd ever spend $8,800 on that ticket... so using that to put a dollar value on points isn't all that useful. I'm sure it's a fun experience to do, though, and maybe worth the $625 you could otherwise use. (My 50k sign-up offer from American got me a return ticket to Europe + 10k leftover.)

Picasso3

Just got a thing in the mail for 200 bucks to open a fifth third checking account with a 100 min direct deposit, I'm all over it.

If i set up my ameritrade will that cover the direct deposit req or do they somehow require a paycheck?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Double check the rules on that, though. Some checking accounts with those offers may expect you to keep a certain balance for months or other bullshit in order to avoid fines.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Just got a thing in the mail for 200 bucks to open a fifth third checking account with a 100 min direct deposit, I'm all over it.

If i set up my ameritrade will that cover the direct deposit req or do they somehow require a paycheck?
Now a days, banks know the difference between transfers and direct deposits. It's 50/50 on if it will work or not. Does your job allow you to split your direct deposit? You can just have part of it go to 5/3.