Best movie of the decade ?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'd probably rank him as best director of the decade. All of his movies have been good, I think Enemy was the weakest and it wasn't bad, just not the clearest expression of the ideas it was trying to get across. BR2049 was his pinnacle. I know a bunch of people have a problem with Arrival but I never understood it, I liked that one.

Can't think of any other directors like him in this past decade just cranking out quality stuff.

I agree. Sicario was a badassed movie and I loved Arrival.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Denis Villeneuve is great. I'm really looking forward to his take on Dune.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd probably rank him as best director of the decade. All of his movies have been good, I think Enemy was the weakest and it wasn't bad, just not the clearest expression of the ideas it was trying to get across. BR2049 was his pinnacle. I know a bunch of people have a problem with Arrival but I never understood it, I liked that one.

Can't think of any other directors like him in this past decade just cranking out quality stuff.
Him and Christopher Nolan are my two favorite working directors. My only complaint with Nolan is that his storytelling tends to meander. But his movies are always beautifully shot and have an epic feel. Probably because he loves to use IMAX cameras.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
1. BR2049 - when i walked out of the theater I felt like I'd just seen a 10/10 movie.

2. Infinity War - maybe the most rewatchable movie of the decade, so many great moments and fight scenes. Together with Endgame its a culmination of superb storytelling done right. Slightly edges out Endgame as best Marvel of the decade for me.

3. Interstellar

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't be a pedant, also you're wrong. Worst ever because they were the most disappointing. That's my opinion to decide upon for me, not yours.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
End Game was a completely unique experience for me so would take my vote for top spot.

I’d also throw in a nomination for ‘About Time’ - a romantic comedy from 2013 that my Wife and I watch every 5-6 months. It’s extremely rare I find a movie I can rewatch but there is something about it that makes me laugh and cry in equal measure.

Not sure I could justify it for top spot as it’s not a cinematic masterpiece full of bells and whistles however I’ve yet to find someone who didn’t enjoy it and the story is simple but very enjoyable with fantastic acting all round.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
1. Dredd
2. Fury Road
3 John Wick

Like someone said earlier in the thread. I am happy to have been alive to see these movies.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Surprised so many people think End Game is so good. Infinity War seemed quite a bit better. End Game dragged so much.

Then again, I don't give a shit about superheroes.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I didn't care all that much for Endgame. It wasn't bad, but Infinity War was way better.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Infinity War was basically a masterpiece as far as comic book movies go. Endgame is kinda mediocre tbh, but it's propped up by being the payoff of the entire cinematic universe to date (10 years, 20+ movies). Infinity War covers a tremendous amount of ground and never really feels long despite the 2h 40m length, whereas Endgame really plods along at times to reach that 3h+ run time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Either Mad Max Fury Road or The Martian.

Still haven't gotten time to watch Blade Runner 2049 though.

Deadpool was the best comic book movie by far.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
everyone is picking good ones

for sci fi i'd be hard pressed not to say edge of tomorrow

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Endgame, and the entire MCU building up to it.

Its an achievement and something never before done in history. 23 movies all interlinked leading up to a fantastic climax.

Really no question.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why Endgame gets as much hate as it does. I think IW has a case for being a stronger movie, but it's almost just from the design standpoint of having Thanos be such a central figure in that one and having him done so well with his viewpoint for why he is going to eliminate half of everyone. Also with Endgame being handed the almost impossible way of pulling all the previous movies including IW into some tidy finish that was pleasing in every way, with the need for multiple "endings" for some of the bigger characters, I think they did about as well as they possibly could have with it.

Picking one for the decade is hard.

Mad Max
BR2049
Infinity WAR
John Wick
The Martian

If they had made the original version of Interstellar, it might have been on the list.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I have a lot of love for both Interstellar and Blade Runner 2049 but Fury Road is going to be a movie that people will still be talking about for the next decade.