Better Call Saul

spronk

FPS noob
Gus' plan is still weird, he puts a gun in a hidden spot, and figures out a way to cut the lights to the room. He plans to... ambush Lalo in the dark after some sort of meeting where he goes in unarmed? weird

The Howard/Kim/Jimmy stuff is also interesting, goes back to a Vince Gilligan aphorism, "mystery is good but confusion is bad". Kim and Jimmy don't seem phazed at all that Howard knows they are behind his recent troubles, in fact, Kim says something along the lines of "you don't feel bad losing [boxing] because you know what's coming". So in fact Howard finding out is PART of their plan. As is finding out who the Judge is in the sandpiper case and they are gonna impersonate him or something? We have a mystery of what exactly Kim's plan is, but its not confusing, we know they have a plan we just don't know what it is.

A lot of foreshadowing now that Kim may not be killed but instead lose her legal license, maybe along with Howard, which is a fate worse than death for two characters whose lives revolve around their work. Also a bit nuts now that two groups are gonna be following them, Howards PI and Mike's men but Kim thinks anyone following them is Mike's men, while Jimmy doesn't know anything about either.

The speech at the retirement home also seemed to be written to viewers, "when is this gonna end? This is going too slow. Don't worry, the best payoffs require extra time."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this week's episode. I guess next week is the mid-season finale.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You really start to feel bad for Howard. He always seemed like a decent guy who was just straight forward and Jimmy just keeps wanting to fuck him over and hold a grudge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
this weeks was also I believe the director debut of Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring), last weeks was Kim's debut. Cool they are letting the actors do that and it points to an extremely well oiled crew since you can't tell at all its different people. and yeah, next weeks episode is the "finale" for the half but the show returns with the final 6 or 7 episodes July 11th.

Some interesting shots, like they cut from Jimmy/Kim kissing to the German guy chopping wood with an axe, and the overhead shot of Jim/Kimmys apartment has a giant X by their place.

FS8RqTlXsAAm_dT

I think the point of this whole episode isn't that Jimmy wants to fuck over Howard, he is fully ok with bailing on the plan and sorta has been pushing for that for a while now. Its Kim who keeps pushing to execute D-Day, and in fact she abandons her DREAM JOB to go back and improvise. Kim has fully broken bad at this point, and the only question is who are all the people who are going to suffer.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
opening act really got me antsy, this time period is supposed to be 2004ish, that espresso machine the 870 didn't even come out until 2010 (honestly thought it was newer actually)

then i was like, what else are they gonna mess up?

the bitch pours the coffee into a yeti cup, yeti wasn't even a company until 2006

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
opening act really got me antsy, this time period is supposed to be 2004ish, that espresso machine the 870 didn't even come out until 2010 (honestly thought it was newer actually)

the bitch pours the coffee into a yeti cup, yeti wasn't even a company until 2006
Doctor Who Time GIF by BBC

I dozed through this episode. Leg chop was alright. Rest was so utterly boring.

Fadaar

That guy

Anachronisms are always such a pain in the ass to control for TV shows but yeah, it's super distracting when there's things you know shouldn't be there without even having to look it up

spronk

FPS noob
part 1 finale tonight, part 2 (end of the show) restarts July 11th

here's something SUPER weird though, a series of animated shorts will also start on AMC+ tonight called Slippin' Jimmy about young Saul. da fuq is this, sounds like an April Fools joke but I guess its real

• 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
part 1 finale tonight, part 2 (end of the show) restarts July 11th

here's something SUPER weird though, a series of animated shorts will also start on AMC+ tonight called Slippin' Jimmy about young Saul. da fuq is this, sounds like an April Fools joke but I guess its real

That was pretty bad, and had exactly zero to do with "slippin jimmy." Sigh. Honestly a short season's worth of episodes about him being a full-on con man might actually be entertaining.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Solid mid season ending. Not unexpected, but a little surprising.
I'd ask which part was expected but let's wait a few days to make sure everyone gets a chance to watch. I agree though, solid mid season ending.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I want to catch up on this show but apparently AMC only lets you stream past seasons of their shows if you pay them extra money even if you already get AMC through your cable provider?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I want to catch up on this show but apparently AMC only lets you stream past seasons of their shows if you pay them extra money even if you already get AMC through your cable provider?
It’s on Netflix and the high seas.