Better Call Saul

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saved up these last 3 episodes to watch in one night. holy shit that was exceptional. the long game they played was pretty damned good. all that just to get an expedited payout. Hule was right, these people are fucked up. they are already making mad money, they had all the fucking time in the world for their nursing home payday because they're already rich. they literally fucked Howard over for the lolz. that some deep dark fucked up shit. that dude never fucked anyone over. he even stuck up for Jimmy at some point to Chuck. my guess this is what earns Kim the dirtnap.

but goddamn, Lalo has transcended Mexican Ninja and now he's just full gemmed Infinity Glove god tier mode. dude is beyond stupid. but we know he fails to kill anyone who shows up in BB and Saul never finds out what even happens to him. i am still holding out hope that Kim does get away because Saul is so close to her that her death to a cartel member would destroy him completely. he would never represent another criminal or have anything to do with Walter White. he would likely close up his law practice too. my guess she skips town and nopes out of all this shit after seeing Howard's lifeless body in their home. like how the fuck are they going to get him out of there? Mike? would they even contact Mike for help with Lalo floating around teleporting from continent to continent and through fucking walls.

also on an unrelated not. the chick they casted as Kim's mom is so close to being Kim that it wouldnt surprise me at all that they used a RL relative of hers. maybe big sister? that lady looked a lot like her and even sounded like her.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
also on an unrelated not. the chick they casted as Kim's mom is so close to being Kim that it wouldnt surprise me at all that they used a RL relative of hers. maybe big sister? that lady looked a lot like her and even sounded like her.
They're unrelated, but yeah, excellent casting, makeup, and acting. Wife and I assumed it was a sister or something until looking it up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I kind of hate Lalo as a character. He's a great actor and his actions move the plot forward but he just feels much too neatly placed almost all of the time and what he does feels out of place and too convenient. Walter White and science got replaced by Jimmy and grifting really well for driving things forward in a clever way but Lalo just feels like an out of place sonic screwdriver most of the time. Whatever leaps, twice literally, the plot needs to take he just handles and it doesn't even feel like the same writing when he is required to do that.

I probably have rose tinted goggles for similar things happening in Breaking Bad and am just blocking them out but he feels like a bad writing device. Lumberjack engineer had no reason not to just axe him to death after, probably, breaking most of his ribs with that axe shot which I guess kevlar saved him from since that axe effortlessly sliced his foot off right after. The resolution to that scene felt rote for a crime story and fairly lazy.

Lalo is pretty much a supernatural character, there are some interesting parallels between him and the Santa Muerte (angel of death) that the twin brothers and cartel assassins worship in the poses Lalo has made sometimes and some of the angel lore. Its goofy as hell though, I agree. Last season we had him doing Spider-man level jumping around vents and cars.

Lalo didn't get hit by the lumberjack guy with the sharp edge of the axe though, he got hit with the blunt end. thats why his ribs broke but he was otherwise ok. He used the sharp edge on the lumberjack. The whole "guy who has killed hundreds and does it without thinking" vs "guy who has never killed anyone makes a fatal mistake"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
does Lalo have a no kill women code like Leon in The Professional? because he did everything in his power not to kill that german woman and he may not have murdered that mexican woman in the house after her husband showed up to shave his beard. if thats the case, then maybe Kim wont get got from him. if she dies i bet its from a car accident because Kim is shown to be a reckless driver. foreshadowing?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
does Lalo have a no kill women code like Leon in The Professional? because he did everything in his power not to kill that german woman and he may not have murdered that mexican woman in the house after her husband showed up to shave his beard. if thats the case, then maybe Kim wont get got from him. if she dies i bet its from a car accident because Kim is shown to be a reckless driver. foreshadowing?
Women and reckless driving go together like peas and carrots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I have more faith in Vince Gilligan than having Kim be in another car accident.

Lalo was definitely prepared to off the German lady. So if he has a code, it's more of a preference. If it interfered with his revenge on the chicken man, I don't think he'd hesitate to kill a woman.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
we know that at least this one makes it
lalo

That just means Saul either doesn't know he's dead or that Lalo came back from the dead once so a second time wouldn't surprise him.

At one point after Gus has Hector's grandson? killed he taunts Hector saying he was the last family member he had alive, which makes it likely that Lalo isn't making it.

spronk

FPS noob
One interesting thing the showrunners said this week is that this season of BCS was meant to drop all 13 episodes at once with no break. Unfortunately Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack while filming episode 8 (the next episode) so production had to shut down for a few weeks, so they decided to split it into two seasons, due to Emmy reasons - only episodes that drop before May 31st are eligible for that years Emmy's. That also means the show will be eligible for 2021 Emmy's (episodes so far) and 2022 Emmy's (next half).

FTtsVBAWUAA7Rw1.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have more faith in Vince Gilligan than having Kim be in another car accident.

Lalo was definitely prepared to off the German lady. So if he has a code, it's more of a preference. If it interfered with his revenge on the chicken man, I don't think he'd hesitate to kill a woman.
i think its his code, he could have waited on Howard to leave Jimmy and Kim's apt, but he came out and just capped him because he wanted to. he wanted to send a message to Gus or Mike that he was there and he cant be stopped. the german woman he probably would have killed if there was no alternative, instead he jumped out of the two story window. of course i may be wrong, but i dont remember Lalo ever killing anyone but men. also when Kim confronted him in their apartment before, he backed off and said fine. he had his chance to kill her then, but he didnt want to or need to even though she was heavily pushing her luck with somebody like him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One interesting thing the showrunners said this week is that this season of BCS was meant to drop all 13 episodes at once with no break. Unfortunately Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack while filming episode 8 (the next episode) so production had to shut down for a few weeks, so they decided to split it into two seasons, due to Emmy reasons - only episodes that drop before May 31st are eligible for that years Emmy's. That also means the show will be eligible for 2021 Emmy's (episodes so far) and 2022 Emmy's (next half).

View attachment 414283
i thought for sure this was the episode he had his heart attack, because he was booking pretty hard to hand off that envelope to the fake detective.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't think Kim dies, because surely Jimmy would be broken and we don't see a broken man in BB. But likewise, if she decided to leave him and go straight then he'd be heartbroken in BB also, just a different kind of broken.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to seeing the final episode.
I was confused why Lalo was pissed at being placed on hold. But it made sense after the same chick picked up when he called back. But if he already put that together, why call Hector again? Was this 4D chess and he wasn't planning to assault the laundry at all? I do like that I was initially confused though.

Shooting Howard was out of character. Rather, Lalo putting himself in a position in which he would have to shoot Howard. They weren't being quiet. He waited 4 days in the sewers, he couldn't wait an hour for Howard to leave? I hope the next episode shows that he had a good reason to talk to them immediately.

Jimmy's plan seems to have at least one poor assumption. What if Howard remained calm and took the sidebar like Cliff suggested?

spronk

FPS noob
lalo was freaking out because those extra blips means the phone was tapped not because he was pissed at being on hold

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
lalo was freaking out because those extra blips means the phone was tapped not because he was pissed at being on hold
Yeah, which is why he faked out by telling Hector that he was going with the old plan again. They left enough clues for you to realize he thought the line was being tapped. Were you watching distracted maybe?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I also think it's pretty clear that Lalo purposely came in to kill Howard because he wanted to scare the shit out of both of them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I also think it's pretty clear that Lalo purposely came in to kill Howard because he wanted to scare the shit out of both of them.
I'd say he doesn't need to kill Howard to do that. They looked pretty spooked just from him showing up. He knows that Fring and his crew know he isn't dead, but is it safe to assume Saul and Kim don't know that? If so, killing Howard seems gratuitous. Coming back from the dead should be enough.