Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
newborn-baby-portrait-with-funny-shocked-face-expression-picture-id545271730

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'd ask which part was expected but let's wait a few days to make sure everyone gets a chance to watch. I agree though, solid mid season ending.

I would say we all had the scam figured with the Judge and how they would adapt.

I assumed Kim would die or would kill Howard. The Lalo show up was unexpected.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I mean I guess we can all assume that anyone that appears in BCS and doesn't appear in BB, they are dead.

Press F for Kim

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I mean I guess we can all assume that anyone that appears in BCS and doesn't appear in BB, they are dead.

Press F for Kim
You may recall the flash forward from last season where Saul is packing up his cash and gives a couple rolls of bills to Francesca to make sure she is at a specific pay phone at a specific time. The popular theory is that the caller is Kim and she’s been disappeared. That being said, I think it’s more likely Kim gets killed by Lalo in the first few minutes of the 2nd half season opener to compel Jimmy to do something.

Edit:

Muurloen

You may recall the flash forward from last season where Saul is packing up his cash and gives a couple rolls of bills to Francesca to make sure she is at a specific pay phone at a specific time. The popular theory is that the caller is Kim and she’s been disappeared. That being said, I think it’s more likely Kim gets killed by Lalo in the first few minutes of the 2nd half season opener to compel Jimmy to do something.

Edit:
If they do that, it is just like them killing Abraham at the season finale of TWD, and then opening up the following season with killing Glenn.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd ask which part was expected but let's wait a few days to make sure everyone gets a chance to watch. I agree though, solid mid season ending.

Hamlin dying was expected. Not the way it happened, of course. Thought it would more likely be suicide and when he showed up drunk I thought he was going to off himself in their apartment.

Also not sure if I should be proud or disappointed with myself that I instantly recognized Wendy

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hamlin dying was expected. Not the way it happened, of course. Thought it would more likely be suicide and when he showed up drunk I thought he was going to off himself in their apartment.

Also not sure if I should be proud or disappointed with myself that I instantly recognized Wendy
“Hey I ain’t doin him. He’s a kid!”

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
God damn. Little fucking pieces of shit.
Man, of course they did my boy like that. I thought maybe suicide in front of them? But of course Hamlin was too strong for that. Fucking little fuck heads. What an episode.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I kind of hate Lalo as a character. He's a great actor and his actions move the plot forward but he just feels much too neatly placed almost all of the time and what he does feels out of place and too convenient. Walter White and science got replaced by Jimmy and grifting really well for driving things forward in a clever way but Lalo just feels like an out of place sonic screwdriver most of the time. Whatever leaps, twice literally, the plot needs to take he just handles and it doesn't even feel like the same writing when he is required to do that.

I probably have rose tinted goggles for similar things happening in Breaking Bad and am just blocking them out but he feels like a bad writing device. Lumberjack engineer had no reason not to just axe him to death after, probably, breaking most of his ribs with that axe shot which I guess kevlar saved him from since that axe effortlessly sliced his foot off right after. The resolution to that scene felt rote for a crime story and fairly lazy.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I kind of hate Lalo as a character. He's a great actor and his actions move the plot forward but he just feels much too neatly placed almost all of the time and what he does feels out of place and too convenient. Walter White and science got replaced by Jimmy and grifting really well for driving things forward in a clever way but Lalo just feels like an out of place sonic screwdriver most of the time. Whatever leaps, twice literally, the plot needs to take he just handles and it doesn't even feel like the same writing when he is required to do that.

I probably have rose tinted goggles for similar things happening in Breaking Bad and am just blocking them out but he feels like a bad writing device. Lumberjack engineer had no reason not to just axe him to death after, probably, breaking most of his ribs with that axe shot which I guess kevlar saved him from since that axe effortlessly sliced his foot off right after. The resolution to that scene felt rote for a crime story and fairly lazy.
Same. Completely agree. Especially his last scene looking for the lead in Germany.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They defiantly turned Mexican ninja up to 11 for this season. I don't have any idea how they could get to the same plot points without Jason "Lalo" Wick, but then, that's what they should be getting paid the big bucks to figure out.

I did read on the wiki that they brought Vince Gilligan back into the writers room for this season (after he stopped in early season 3). So maybe this is the best they could do to shoehorn the characters into the start of Breaking Bad.

Muurloen

This and another complaint that can be tied into Lalo is that the dude can teleport around the world, become fairly well armed, and go completely unchecked by any kind of authorities of any country along the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
lalo does have access to cartel resources though. private jets, fake passports, black books full of contacts etc. we can guess jimmy get his hands on the vets black book soon enough.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you could say lalo is a dos ex maquina

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users