Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd say he doesn't need to kill Howard to do that. They looked pretty spooked just from him showing up. He knows that Fring and his crew know he isn't dead, but is it safe to assume Saul and Kim don't know that? If so, killing Howard seems gratuitous. Coming back from the dead should be enough.
kim knew cuz mike told her, thats why their reactions are so different, saul is stuttering how-how, while kim has faced eventuality

but yea he probably thinks normies think he's dead since they musta heard about the shootout

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think Lalo was pissed at Mike and he knows Mike tapped the nursing home phonelines so he couldnt talk to his uncle. when he saw Mike getting out of the car at the laundry it made him decide to fuck with Mike. Saul has never met Gus Fring at this point, but he knows Mike. this was purely a message to Mike and a problem that Mike now has to come fix for Saul and Beth.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good point, forgot Mike told Kim. But, Lalo doesn't know that.

Either way, I think when I formed my original opinion Lalo was still trying to lay low at all costs. He's not above gratuitousness itself, he killed the wire transfer clerk. But since Fring knows and Lalo knows Fring knows, maybe the cat is out of the bag and it's not really out of character.

spronk

FPS noob
killing Howard is also a real fast shortcut to tell Kim and Jimmy "don't fuck with me" without having to go through theatrics, plus it leaves a body at Jimmy's house now that someone has to take care of. If he asks Jim & Kimmy to do something for him he doesn't have to add extra threats now either. Lalo is pretty much the joker that way, he takes advantage of chaos just knowing he can react smarter and faster than most people.

Unfortunately for him, Gus Fring is smarter than him.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think Howard was killed just because he happened to be there and Lalo doesn't trust him.

Saul is on good terms with Lalo and there's no reason to try and scare him into cooperation. They both know Lalo = the cartel and bad shit will happen if he betrays him

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

FXY5kpCWAAIADoC

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

There some deeper meaning to the cinnamon roles?

I get he's working at a cinnabun now, but are the 2 in black and white meaning current time and the full box of 6 in color indicating back in time supposed to hint at something? Or am I retarded and looking too deep into cinnamon roles?

• 1Jonesing

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
No complaints with tonight episode.

The Lalo stuff was a little too convenient, but I can live with it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was surprised it resolved so fast, but Lalo's plan made total sense, which was good. Definitely convenient that Fring stashed the gun there, but sometimes life is unexpectedly convenient.

Going to be a lot of time left for Jimmy and Kim to deal with the fallout of Howard's death. Does she end up leaving him and that's what fully erases Jimmy, to allow him to fully be Saul?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Shits pretty intense for knowing the outcome. I think the wannabe criminal shit gets to Kim now that she knows how it works. I don't think she dies but makes a run for it and disappears.

spronk

FPS noob
after 2 months of cape shows, Stranger Things, Obi-Wan, etc its so bizarre to return back to an amazing show with adults making reasonable informed choices

yeah a bit surprising the Lalo plot is resolved so quick, it was super sad to see Howard buried next to Lalo. Re-RIP a great character. Mike's sad look was also great.

I like how Mike is portrayed as super smart, way smarter than most criminals. But Lalo is 2 steps ahead of even him. But then even abovve Lalo, Gus Fring is operating on another level. Which begs the question, was Walter White smarter than Gus Fring or was he just a lucky ass motherfucker.

Big ups to Lyle, being the opener and closer for 2 shifts in a row. Promote the man Mr. Fring, he has management potential.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I like that Gus was scared shitless in the gun battle. Maybe his speech was to get him fired up for what he knew he had to do.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I like that Gus was scared shitless in the gun battle. Maybe his speech was to get him fired up for what he knew he had to do.
Well, I think it was to distract Lalo from what he was going to do (disconnect the power) more than firing himself up. It's so unlike him to show that kind of emotion, Lalo was almost in a trance watching it.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was surprised it resolved so fast, but Lalo's plan made total sense, which was good. Definitely convenient that Fring stashed the gun there, but sometimes life is unexpectedly convenient.

Going to be a lot of time left for Jimmy and Kim to deal with the fallout of Howard's death. Does she end up leaving him and that's what fully erases Jimmy, to allow him to fully be Saul?

Seems like she's partly to blame for keeping the Lalo thing a secret and Jimmy sacrificed himself to save her, would be pretty fucked to leave him at this point.

Wouldn't be surprised if she survives we end up seeing Kim in "present day" shot at the end. Haven't seen one of those in a while and you'd think there has to be some point to the ones we have seen.