Better Call Saul

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I agree, seemed like the quickest cleanest way possible and was expecting something a bit deeper.

Her line about how Hamlin's wife must have seen the signs, knowing what Hamlin told them about being on the outs with her before he died, was some cold hearted shit.

yeah, I saw a post ep interview with Rhea Seehorn who said that moment of quickthinking coldness was a light bulb moment

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when Howard's car gets found and she has to attend his funeral/memorial while pretending she has no idea what happened to him. then knowing she helped destroy his name which led to his death, its going to destroy her too. either she kills herself or leaves law entirely and goes into seclusion. i think she goes into seclusion so Jimmy has no idea what happened to her later on, so if she eventually decides to kill herself he never knows. at this point, Saul is a monster if he goes on like business as usual, but even he would lose his shit if he knew it killed the woman he loves. a breakup is less traumatic.
yeah, thats how i saw it happening. oh well. Kim you were fucking great, i wish more women were like you in real life. thats how you do strong female characters.
so whats the odds we get some Jesse and Walt cameos before this ends?

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They've already confirmed the appearances
thats pretty cool then. this show was already pretty cool. gonna be sad when the show ends. who knows, maybe we get a Kim spinoff show for those missing years. i definitely wouldnt mind more Kim.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Im guessing we get the final episode focusing on Gene in Nebraska filmed in black and white and we will see Kim again. Im super stoaked we are getting 3-4 prime BB Saul episodes, thats not something I expected them to do and its fucking great

Yeah, it's kinda crazy how everyone's storyline is pretty much wrapped up and there's till 4 more episodes

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guessing maybe these last episodes will overlap Breaking Bad season one where none of them had appeared yet? And possibly the future black and white stuff?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guessing maybe these last episodes will overlap Breaking Bad season one where none of them had appeared yet? And possibly the future black and white stuff?
its been awhile since the black n white stuff. was he being blackmailed by those Saul fans and then skipped town? or was he going to kill them? i dont remember anymore. its probably going to take up at least two episodes to resolve that and his future if any.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Was quiet an empty feeling realizing that Kim is gone. Cant remember the last time I felt that way about any TV character, maybe Ned Stark? Definitely one of the best shows ever made.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
its been awhile since the black n white stuff. was he being blackmailed by those Saul fans and then skipped town? or was he going to kill them? i dont remember anymore. its probably going to take up at least two episodes to resolve that and his future if any.
Saul's never going to kill anyone. All that happened was he was recognized by someone in passing. He then called up the vacuum guy to arrange a new identity and escape but right when it was time for him to go he changed his mind and said he was going to fix it himself.

spronk

FPS noob
Probably because everyone else involved with the Fring cartel and the Heisenberg empire is pretty much dead, so the feds / DEA would look to pin their failures on someone and Saul knows it'd be him. However careful he was, people like Huell, Francesa, Skinny Pete, Badger and Bill Burr would cut deals and blame him for everything so he'd be looking at a long time in the slammer since there is likely evidence directly tying him financially to Walter White / Jesse and RICO laws would apply.

speaking of which Skinny Pete made a minor cameo too as one of Kim's nervous clients, that was cool

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They've done a pretty good job dealing with the fact that everyone is supposed to be 10 years younger than they were in Breaking Bad but they're actually 10 years older. The exception to that is Mike, who looks old as fuck. Not that they could do anything about it, but it still bumps me sometimes. Just the fact that he's supposed to be this bad ass dude when he looks like he's one bad fall from living in a nursing home requires active suspension of disbelief.

The show is great, but I had to get that off my chest.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
If i remember right, Johnathan Banks refused to do the makeup required to make him look young. This was due to makeup allergies. When he got the shit kicked out of him by Tuco that was all CGI on his face, which is obviously too expensive and bad looking to do for an entire series.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They've done a pretty good job dealing with the fact that everyone is supposed to be 10 years younger than they were in Breaking Bad but they're actually 10 years older. The exception to that is Mike, who looks old as fuck. Not that they could do anything about it, but it still bumps me sometimes. Just the fact that he's supposed to be this bad ass dude when he looks like he's one bad fall from living in a nursing home requires active suspension of disbelief.

in certain angles you can see how much older Odenkirk is than Kim and it makes it kind of hard to believe that she would be head over heels for this 60 year old man. she's no spring chicken either, but she looks good for her age.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Last episode mike will get a facelift.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
the showrunner (peter gould) did a podcast interview and he mentioned that the showrunners are a bit nervous about audience reactions to the final 3 episodes (there are 4 more total) as they took a lot of big swings. the last episode felt like a season finale and definitely ends the "Jimmy McGill" era, I am definitely curious where the show goes from here.

I'm not sure though I'd ever rewatch Better Call Saul, while I've really enjoyed the show I don't think I'd enjoy rewatching any of the Chuck McGill or Sandpiper stuff

the final episode airs August 15th and House of Dragons premieres a week later then it gets really nuts with Lord of the Rings and She Hulk and Andor

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
House of Dragons premieres a week later then it gets really nuts with Lord of the Rings and She Hulk and Andor
People are actually going to watch any of those? Really?

internet seriously GIF

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
People are actually going to watch any of those? Really?

internet seriously GIF

I'll watch all except she hulk, I don't expect any of them to be good and look forward to the hate threads

All clearly have potential, but I no longer allow myself to feel optimistic about delivering on that promise