Better Call Saul

Chris

Potato del Grande
Haven't watched the video, but that seems like a ridiculously short timeframe. That'd basically mean Saul got moved, immediately had a heart attack, and then started scheming again? Literally no time laying low?
Remember that Walt was in hiding for about a year just before the end of Breaking Bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Haven't watched the video, but that seems like a ridiculously short timeframe. That'd basically mean Saul got moved, immediately had a heart attack, and then started scheming again? Literally no time laying low?
According to the vid he’s been in Omaha for roughly 6 months by the time we see him as Gene.

spronk

FPS noob
odenkirk had his on set heart attack a year ago

odenkirk and gould were on Fresh Air today and odenkirk mentioned he was filming episode 10 a few weeks after his heart attack and he was feeling a bit down but working with Carol Burnett, one of his lifelong idols, really re-energized and refocused him. That musta been really neat, working with someone who inspired you to get into comedy and you saw your entire young life and never thought you'd share a stage with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
super cool BTS of the set and stuff while filming last episodes, interesting to see the color vs B&W results

icr72q2g8je91.jpg

the episode name for the next episode has also now leaked

Breaking Bad

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
well that sure seemed like nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. Not sure how I feel about that episode. Weird to think that in 3 weeks there will not be a BB series on TV (except reruns).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
well that sure seemed like nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. Not sure how I feel about that episode. Weird to think that in 3 weeks there will not be a BB series on TV (except reruns).
I just finished the episode this morning. I liked it. Yeah, there was plenty of nostalgia, but I think there was just as much story progression. Saul can't help but be Saul. He's overcommitted to this mark, and it seems like they're trying to show it's Lucas style poetry. It "rhymes" with his gamble on Walter White paying off big.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I just finished the episode this morning. I liked it. Yeah, there was plenty of nostalgia, but I think there was just as much story progression. Saul can't help but be Saul. He's overcommitted to this mark, and it seems like they're trying to show it's Lucas style poetry. It "rhymes" with his gamble on Walter White paying off big.
After thinking about it last night that's where I started leaning as well. Shows that make you think about them afterwards are the best IMO.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Interesting you see that as his gamble paying off big... I see that as his gamble leading to his downfall. I feel like that's what the show is aiming for, that he's going down a bad path with this new scam like he did guiding Walter White. That one cut from the grave to him laying in his office seemed really obvious for that interpretation, imo.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Decent episode. I love that his receptionist just has hated him from day 1.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Interesting you see that as his gamble paying off big... I see that as his gamble leading to his downfall. I feel like that's what the show is aiming for, that he's going down a bad path with this new scam like he did guiding Walter White. That one cut from the grave to him laying in his office seemed really obvious for that interpretation, imo.
Serious question because maybe I missed it - did Saul have his mansion and obscene luxuries before Walt? I thought Heisenberg was his whale and the rest of his clientele was to keep the waters muddy for investigators. If that’s not the case, then I agree. Walt was a gamble and loss.

When I said paid off big, I meant for that short window of time where they were raking it in. Everyone always tells themselves if they could just do it over again they would be able to change that one critical thing that made it go south!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I am curious on what was being said to Saul over the phone when he was trying to get into contact to Kim. Whatever it was it enraged him something fierce.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Serious question because maybe I missed it - did Saul have his mansion and obscene luxuries before Walt? I thought Heisenberg was his whale and the rest of his clientele was to keep the waters muddy for investigators. If that’s not the case, then I agree. Walt was a gamble and loss.

When I said paid off big, I meant for that short window of time where they were raking it in. Everyone always tells themselves if they could just do it over again they would be able to change that one critical thing that made it go south!
Yeah, I guess it's not really clear, but he should have had the Sandpiper money coming in pretty quickly, so I'm thinking he would have been pretty rich before Walt.

I am curious on what was being said to Saul over the phone when he was trying to get into contact to Kim. Whatever it was it enraged him something fierce.

Yeah, it's hard to guess there. I can't believe it would be Kim or even bad news about Kim (like her dying). Perhaps she moved on from that location and the person on the phone refused to give any information about her whereabouts?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
heisenberg truly is the betamax of meth cooks

FRW0o1uXMAAhUB6

gene/saul felt very self destructive this episode, like they are trying to get caught or something. We still haven't seen the millions in diamonds Saul should have on him and is the bulk of his money. Episode answered the question of whether Saul can go back to ABQ or Saul Goodman ever or not, and the answer is most definitely a big fat no.

As said above, everything revolved around what ??someone?? said to him on the payphone when he tried to contact Kim, I have a feeling next episode is gonna be all about that.

Episode title for next week has leaked
Waterworks

Gene says Kim works at a place called Palm Coast Sprinklers in Florida.

In the game of monopoly, Water Works is just 2 spots ahead of Go To Jail.

spronk

FPS noob
someone used the german audio track and filtered out the audio so you can hear jimmy's phone booth conversation. interesting stuff

• 2Like