Better Call Saul

spronk

FPS noob
lol for the season finale next monday you can get a free cinnabon with their app and a code CALLSAUL

i think its been a decade since i had one... it would be pretty, pretty, pretty cool to eat one while watching the finale. and eat it like Jerry, knife & fork

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
200 miles to the nearest Cinnabon for me :p. I could probably take down a tube of Pillsbury grands cinnamon rolls and pretend though.

Juvarisx

Florida
Closet one to me that isnt a tirefire is at a Flying J in Tampa 2 hours away lol. Doesnt look like there is a ton left in the state or there never was.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh right. It's definitely possible that some little old lady was still using it then even if she probably had other options. I think it was around that time that it came out that a large percentage of AOL's income was people who had gotten other internet but never bothered to cancel their AOL account or thought they still needed it for some reason.

She was streaming videos, though which isn't really doable on dial up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the ask jeeves thing is a good catch, it was bought by basically MySpace in 2006 BUT it didn't go away, its still alive as ask.com and if you search it for abq con man...

the first result is this...

well played BCS, well played

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
also she "asked jeeves"
af7fd7f10c60c9c2961dd8f96bbde7af.png

It's not unbelievable she would still be using the term even if it was dead. We still say we're 'googling' something even though I'm pretty sure google closed down a long time ago.

She was streaming videos, though which isn't really doable on dial up

How do you know it was streaming? You can download videos on dialup. it would explain why it took her a couple hours and she was still watching it.

I made my wife watch the yep scene. Next time we fuck .....

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not unbelievable she would still be using the term even if it was dead. We still say we're 'googling' something even though I'm pretty sure google closed down a long time ago.

How do you know it was streaming? You can download videos on dialup. it would explain why it took her a couple hours and she was still watching it.

I made my wife watch the yep scene. Next time we fuck .....

They showed her streaming cat videos in the previous episode

spronk

FPS noob
Gilligan confirms BCS is the end of Breaking Bad related TV shows, at least for now

he is working on his next show which should be pitched to networks in the next 2-3 months and sounds like it will be a bit Twilight Zone-esque, sounds interesting. He got his start writing for The X-Files

Juvarisx

Florida
Depending on what happens to Kim, the only satisfying thing I can foresee them doing is a movie like Jesse got for her.

Really though I am good if they never touch the universe again, I don't want a Jesse Alaska show cause I would rather imagine him being at peace and enjoying the quiet after that nightmare. Everyone else interesting is dead and a prequel for any of them seems whatever. Like you can't do a Gus Fring prequel cause I don't think that character would work if its not Giancarlo Esposito. Mike as a dirty cop? I could see that working since the team is fucking brilliant but I'd rather have them make their own Shield then have it connected to Breaking Bad and it would have to take place in Philly not Albuquerque

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would watch the Mike as a dirty cop show just to see Jonathan Banks at 80 playing a 35 year old cop in Philly with no makeup like he's some kind of Benjamin Button character.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How do you know it was streaming? Because they cut out the 3 hour download for the sake of TV?

No idea why you're fighting this so hard.

She tells her son how you just push a button and a video pops up. Then later you see that she's literally on Youtube watching a cat riding on a vacuum.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

She tells her son how you just push a button and a video pops up. Then later you see that she's literally on Youtube watching a cat riding on a vacuum.

Yeah, the Gene scenes aren't flashbacks. Seems like some people are forgetting YouTube been around since 2006

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would be fine with an end to the Breakingbadiverse. it gave us 14 years and thats better than anyone could hope for. though a Saul prison scams show could be funny. glad he didnt kill Carol Burnett, but he never should have let it get to that point. this show feels likey they arent sure how to end this. i wonder if they leave it open ended.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the Gene scenes aren't flashbacks. Seems like some people are forgetting YouTube been around since 2006

Yeah I can't figure out when any of this is happening. Doesn't Gene have a flip phone? Didn't she have her phone line plugged into the computer? Yet I figured it should more or less be present day.

Why does anyone fight about anything on the internet? Because they're right and someone else is wrong. You could "just push a button and a video pops up" in the early days too. It wasn't as fast as we have today but back then no one knew the difference. That's not necessarily streaming. Youtube originally had the option to download the videos. Anyway, if she is in present day using a dial up modem (which is what started all of this) then I guess she's getting a pretty good connection being the only one in the country still using a landline, much less using it for data. Just because our 1200 baud modems wouldn't go that fast doesn't mean a modern day modem can't.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I can't figure out when any of this is happening. Doesn't Gene have a flip phone? Didn't she have her phone line plugged into the computer? Yet I figured it should more or less be present day.

It's set in the not too distant future after breaking bad ended

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Why does anyone fight about anything on the internet? Because they're right and someone else is wrong. You could "just push a button and a video pops up" in the early days too. It wasn't as fast as we have today but back then no one knew the difference. That's not necessarily streaming. Youtube originally had the option to download the videos. Anyway, if she is in present day using a dial up modem (which is what started all of this) then I guess she's getting a pretty good connection being the only one in the country still using a landline, much less using it for data. Just because our 1200 baud modems wouldn't go that fast doesn't mean a modern day modem can't.
i'm not getting into this stupid argument more than this post. but when i got broadband in early 2002. my dialup was something like 78k or 90? and i still couldnt run a fucking video on College Humor or Ebaums and those videos were shitacular quality. point of fact is no old lady can just get a computer and know how to use it straight out. she wouldnt pick Ask Jeeves either. it would have been Yahoo or Google. Google was the main search engine by the early 2000s. yeah Jeeves was still around in some form, but it had long been replaced years earlier back in the 90s. they used that likely because Google didnt give them permission. the modem thing is just dumb though. you could run gifs, but not full videos unless you sat there and waited and waited.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Personally the load speed of that video and the "Ask Jeeves" reference has ruined the entire Breaking Bad universe for me.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users