Better Call Saul

Juvarisx

Florida
That may have been my favorite episode of the season, other then the shock value of seeing Nacho, Howard and Lalo killed. Lots and lots of parallels between Saul and Gene starting to seep through, he could have just walked away after the mall heist but yet again he gets hurt so goes on a path that will hurt everyone around him.

Jimmy is in my book the second worst person in this universe just under Walt.

Really hoping next week is the Kim episode they are alluding it to be

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Translation of the phone call from a German viewing. Obviously potential spoilers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the penultimate eps is probably gonna be amazing since it'll be the one vince gilagan wrote and directed in a long time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
finally caught up. last episode felt like they borrowed from Bad Santa. i dunno if i'm digging it. kinda bummed this is all ending soon and seeing Jimmy be a total scumbag in a bad way isnt doing it for me. and shit Carol Burnett got super old. i remember seeing her on TV as a little boy. weird feels all around.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Man that Kim stuff broke my heart. Her new husband / boyfriend is the anthesis of Jimmy, everything about him and her was awful. Not surprised Carrol Brunet figured it out, really happy Gene didn't kill her. Preview for next episode is interesting, Jimmy's old Suski...really dunno how they are finishing this.

spronk

FPS noob
any other show and i would have said these last 2-3 episodes are self indulgent and pretentious, especially with the black and white and long "we get it" scenes but BCS has built up a lot of runway to get away with it.

Just like Breaking Bad hit an absolute peak with Ozymandias, then had an emotional/character episode with Granite State, and then a love letter to the fans ending with Felina it really feels like BCS ended with Fun and Games (Lalo dies, Kim decides to eject, Saul has nothing in his life but work), then everything past that has been an extended Granite State, "lets flex our writing chops". It'll be curious if the finale is fan-servicy or not. At least (now 42 lol) Jesse sounded and looked more like his 24 year old self this time.

At this point Saul Goodman should be in jail or in a grave, he is an absolute piece of shit who has Heisenberg levels of hubris in thinking he can outsmart any problem. It musta been a blast on set though to have Carol Burnett outsmart and out play you.

It'll be interesting to eventually see how episodes 10-13 divide fans, and I can see why the showrunners have been tip toeing around it. I think its fine but I don't love them or hate them, for me the show kinda ended with Fun and Games.

I didn't even catch this one b&w/color transition

poor kim, all she hears during sex

645A977A-5C5B-42BB-AE46-057746583DDE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Man that Kim stuff broke my heart. Her new husband / boyfriend is the anthesis of Jimmy, everything about him and her was awful. Not surprised Carrol Brunet figured it out, really happy Gene didn't kill her. Preview for next episode is interesting, Jimmy's old Suski...really dunno how they are finishing this.

Yeah a lot of ways they could go.

Not sure if Jimmy's whole deal with breaking into the house was hubris or wanting to be caught, especially with the whole cigar thing.

Could even see Kim setting Jimmy up as part of her repentance tour

Chris

Potato del Grande
Loved how his greed in taking the watch was his downfall, he had so many chances to back out of robbing cancer guy.

Then being exposed by one of the old ladies he has been running rings around throughout, superb.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My wild without evidence prediction is he lands in jail and the final scene is Kim coming to talk to him.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they don't have 1 computer nerd on that writing staff?

this is supposed to take place around 2010
b11211b399e452fbb37b91a0d5287b50.png

no way youre gonna get full screen video on dial up.

also she "asked jeeves"
af7fd7f10c60c9c2961dd8f96bbde7af.png

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Jimmy wants to get caught so Kim comes back into his life somehow or with Kim denying him he just said fuck it and went down his path of destruction

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Kim had her way of facing up to the past. Jimmy is taking his way out in a slightly different manner.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
they don't have 1 computer nerd on that writing staff?

this is supposed to take place around 2010
b11211b399e452fbb37b91a0d5287b50.png

no way youre gonna get full screen video on dial up.

also she "asked jeeves"
af7fd7f10c60c9c2961dd8f96bbde7af.png
Did it show him using dial up? Only us country people were still on dial up in 2010.

Juvarisx

Florida
Marion def was using it since she unplugged it out of the computer into her phone to call the cops.

Honestly little mistakes like that whatever. In the Breaking Bad episode there was a Rockband version that wasn't out yet at the stoners house that Francene rents out. Maybe they didnt want to pay google to say their name who knows. I don't even notice it at the time because the acting is so good so it doesn't bother me at all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Oh right. It's definitely possible that some little old lady was still using it then even if she probably had other options. I think it was around that time that it came out that a large percentage of AOL's income was people who had gotten other internet but never bothered to cancel their AOL account or thought they still needed it for some reason.