Better Call Saul

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
Better clear your calendar: AMC has given Better Call Saul a debut date. On Feb. 8 at 10 p.m., the network will unveil the first episode of the Breaking Bad spin-off featuring Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman, the not-so-virtuous lawyer employed by meth king Walter White (Bryan Cranston). The following night at 10 p.m., the second episode will be unspooled. Subsequent episodes will air in the show's regular Mondays-at-10-p.m. slot.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Meh. Watching him get his shit wrekt by the same character he got wrekt by for many seasons isn't enough for me to think they could make another good season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
also seems like a bit of a contradiction for saul to get his ass kicked by mike at their first meeting when the ass kicking later on is what caused saul to hire Baby Huey as a bodyguard. i mean if he had a fear of mike early on, he would never have worked with him in the first place, would he?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Plenty of ways for it to make sense.

Mike throws Saul around a bit but doesn't hurt him seriously (what we saw in the clip).
Then Saul is actually beat up or in need of a "toughguy".
Saul thinks about his previous encounter, hires him.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kinda lame that we know Mike is eventually undone by a wuss like Walt.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
getting outsmarted by heisenberg isnt something that rarely happened on that show. he outsmarted everyone cept the cancer.

@khalid, thats a possibility, but still you usually dont want to work with people who kicked your ass. i can indeed see saul racking his brain for a tough guy and hitting up mike for the gig .

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
He didn't really outsmart him anyway, just shot him when it made no sense in a fit of rage.

And Saul hiring people who kick his ass is no surprise. Shit, he started working with Walt/Jesse immediately after being captured. He can't help but find himself working with people who kick his ass.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
And Saul hiring people who kick his ass is no surprise. Shit, he started working with Walt/Jesse immediately after being captured. He can't help but find himself working with people who kick his ass.
Yeah, Saul's a weasel. He'll go to the highest bidder, feelings be damned. He was clearly afraid of (or, at the very least, intimidated by) Walt, yet continued working for him, even after the shit hit the fan with Gus and very likely put his life in danger. Even if Saul is scared of Mike, I don't see it as a contradiction for him to work with Mike later if it benefits him. A lot Saul's business is built around dealing with questionable people who need help subverting the law, so I don't think looking the other way is a difficult thing for him.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OUXZ4pS.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
still not that excited about this, i pretty much have written AMC off anyway, but i will be fair and give it a try.