Better Call Saul

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Off to a great start:

AMC roared back with a block of scripted originals on Sunday night, and Better Call Saul earned record cable ratings in its launch.

The Breaking Bad spinoff nabbed 6.9 million viewers and 3.4 rating among adults 18-49. Both of those stats make it the best series premiere in cable history. That's after The Walking Dead returned, steady with last year's midseason debut, to 15.6 million viewers and a 8.0 rating among adults 18-49. Only the Grammys drew bigger numbers last night - or, for that matter, last week.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The last 30 minutes were great. The first half was slow but if you watched Breaking Bad slow starts shouldn't concern you in the least.

Ganthorn

N00b
The last 30 minutes were great. The first half was slow but if you watched Breaking Bad slow starts shouldn't concern you in the least.
That is exactly how I felt. First 30mins i was like I dunno about this but i gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept watching.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That's a Tarus Judge. It chambers a .45 long colt or a 410 shotgun shell.

Taurus_Judge_Magnum.JPG

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Watched both episodes tonight, really like it so far. I wasn't sure Saul was good enough to carry a show by himself and while it's early yet, I dig it so far.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so what exactly is wrong with michael mckeon? is he agorophobic with some kind of tech phobia?
I'm thinking he has electro-hypersensitivity or he's just fucking nuts. Found this when googling the same thing cause I was curious.

http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...2/disconnected

Is there anyone watching this that didn't watch Breaking Bad? I wonder how much I would be enjoying this if I didn't know all those characters.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I think this will be great once it gets rolling. Right now it is very much still establishing things, once he goes full Saul things will be much more entertaining.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The first two episodes were tight. Really enjoyed it. The second episode went by so quickly. Also, the first episode had an amazing track that I had to look up.

GroovyAF.

Feien

Ploppers
I started wondering this morning about some of the nuances this show might throw at us from time to time. For example I was thinking, why is Mike a car park attendant? What we know from BB is that he was a Philly officer who had a dramatic exit and started his own PI office along with becoming a hitman. There was even the time that Gus asked him to look into Gus' own history to see if he would find anything just to see if the DEA could find something. Mike is That good. So why is he a car park attendant? Which leads me to believe 2 things,

That's just Mike's life situation at the moment, or it's a potential misdirection making us think that is the case, but the reality is that he is working on something much bigger and if so what is it that he has to be in that particular car park booth? Mike sells it so well by looking unhappy at the work that he is doing there, but I think we may have something more than that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my biggest worry about this show is, i hope they dont go to the Breaking Bad well too often. yeah Tuco is fine because we didnt get to see too much of him and he was awesome. the actor at the time declined to be on the show further in fear of becoming typecast as a mexican druglord. yeah welcome back dude. Breaking Bad developed all its own characters, they didnt need to borrow from mad men or whatever. i dont expect gilligan to do this too often, its just a worry i have. i also cant wait til they start their Better Call Saul podcasts. i really enjoyed the ones they had for Breaking Bad. when they stopped, it felt like i lost 2 awesome shows.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Pretty sure he was on some cop show that the re-jimmied scheduling conflicted with after the writer's strike. I think by episode 5 we're all going to be in love with this show.