Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
opened up a beautiful 18 year old bottle of glenlivet and drank half the bottle so i can't even stand up right now but goddamn watching chuck go literally insane in front of our eyhes was amazing. The niga BURNED HIMSELF FUCKING ALIVE jesus christ bro

does anyone else remmber blockbuster, fucking loved going to that place and finding weird ass movies RIP movie rental stores

now im gonna go play some playerunkwnown and fuck shit up
actually blockbuster is where i first learned to hate "big box stores"

my new local blockbuster replaced my old video store that was pretty awesome. going from 2$ rentals to fucking 4.99$ blockbuster rentals was stupid

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i assume chuck is dead, unless he did this because he couldnt get the electricity from his house and wanted to start over wireless or some bullshit. i'm pretty sure he is dead though. do we assume that between telling his brother he doesnt love him and the shock of being bought out of his career finally drove him over the edge for the massive mental relapse? i think when we see BCS again if trhey renew it, time will have skipped back to cinabon saul for good or they will time skip to when jimmy finally gets his law license back and is working from inside the backroom of the nail salon. i think they have to in order to settle kim and nacho's story. plus id like to see one season of saul goodman actually doing his criminal law shenanigans. i am glad he backed out of that shit with the old lady. that was akin to stepping on puppies.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i assume chuck is dead, unless he did this because he couldnt get the electricity from his house and wanted to start over wireless or some bullshit. i'm pretty sure he is dead though. do we assume that between telling his brother he doesnt love him and the shock of being bought out of his career finally drove him over the edge for the massive mental relapse? i think when we see BCS again if trhey renew it, time will have skipped back to cinabon saul for good or they will time skip to when jimmy finally gets his law license back and is working from inside the backroom of the nail salon. i think they have to in order to settle kim and nacho's story. plus id like to see one season of saul goodman actually doing his criminal law shenanigans. i am glad he backed out of that shit with the old lady. that was akin to stepping on puppies.
what? his old lady conscience just cost him his entire law practice model and his rolodex.

i don't see him working outta nail salon, he's still got a mil.

Chuck didn't relapse, he just got bored.

without the constant nagging human quality of his brother

or the huge battle w/ HHM

his mind had nothing else to do.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what? his old lady conscience just cost him his entire law practice model and his rolodex.

i don't see him working outta nail salon, he's still got a mil.

Chuck didn't relapse, he just got bored.

without the constant nagging human quality of his brother

or the huge battle w/ HHM

his mind had nothing else to do.
i guess thats one way to look at it, but chuck was on the road to full recovery when he still had a law firm to look forward to and a brother he could continue to feud with. chuck loved jimmy, that was the point of the first scene of the episode. siblings fight, its what they do, sometimes fights can go on for years/decades, but deep down chuck still loved jimmy. after he lost his law firm and last friend, he took it out on his brother and it hit home to him that he dun goofed bigtime and has nobody left in the world. it caused his relapse and so he decided to kill himself or thats how it looked to us, the audience. if he was simply bored, he had a number of things he could have done. he could just have gone off into the desert and become a hermit or something. or he could have checked himself into the booby hatch. nah, this was a deliberate act by a person who felt he had done irreparable harm .

and i bet we see chuck right back at the nail salon next season or maybe running a laser tag/criminal law business. jimmy doesnt have that million yet. the lawsuit could go on for years now that the old lady backed out due to jimmy's stunt to get her friends back.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Maybe this act of doing something right pays off for him in the current timeline. If enough old people die by the time things are settled maybe he pulls in a lot more cash.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Howard has grown on me. Chuck done gone and lost his mind.

Definitely agree. In a lot of ways, he's the least morally repugnant person on the show. He only refused to give Jimmy a position at the firm because of Chuck, whom he had such loyalty to. I appreciated his righteous indignation at what he felt was betrayal by Chuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

i guess thats one way to look at it, but chuck was on the road to full recovery when he still had a law firm to look forward to and a brother he could continue to feud with. chuck loved jimmy, that was the point of the first scene of the episode. siblings fight, its what they do, sometimes fights can go on for years/decades, but deep down chuck still loved jimmy. after he lost his law firm and last friend, he took it out on his brother and it hit home to him that he dun goofed bigtime and has nobody left in the world. it caused his relapse and so he decided to kill himself or thats how it looked to us, the audience. if he was simply bored, he had a number of things he could have done. he could just have gone off into the desert and become a hermit or something. or he could have checked himself into the booby hatch. nah, this was a deliberate act by a person who felt he had done irreparable harm .

and i bet we see chuck right back at the nail salon next season or maybe running a laser tag/criminal law business. jimmy doesnt have that million yet. the lawsuit could go on for years now that the old lady backed out due to jimmy's stunt to get her friends back.

Holy shit, you know you weren't paying attention Lanx Lanx when Chuk sets you straight.

Chuck wasn't bored, he was lost and empty. He was as prideful as Walter White and lost everything because of it.

And yeah, Jimmy gave up getting the million now by setting it right with the old ladies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit, you know you weren't paying attention Lanx Lanx when Chuk sets you straight.

Chuck wasn't bored, he was lost and empty. He was as prideful as Walter White and lost everything because of it.

And yeah, Jimmy gave up getting the million now by setting it right with the old ladies.
i missed the part on Jimmy giving up the million.

he still gets paid right? they're just holding out?

No i still believe he was "bored" rather than "forced" in a way to face his "disease". Everytime he was complacent, he was just wrapped up in a blanket and reading newspapers... what happened when Jimmy strung him along for the sandpiper deal? Chuck got motivated, Chuck face his fear and grabbed Jimmys phone and called Howard (to give them sandpiper).

Chuck then strolled on back to HHM, w/ Jimmy.

When Chuck thought Jimmy was screwing him over, he tailed him and went to the copy store and all that...

Chucks mind was working... to find ways to get back at Jimmy.

When Chuck did that whole recorded conversation thing, the cog in his wheels were spinning!

However, when he lost the case, lost his brother, lost his ex-wife and lost face over being a crazy buffoon in front of his peers... well that was his downfall.

He had to keep busy, OH!!! he had a target, the insurance company (no thanks to Jimmy), then when Howard threatened him, he had a NEW target, HHM.

When HHM settled with him, that did away with HHM and the insurance company as well, Chuck has nothing to do, there is no bugs for Chuck to squash in his own backyard... if he wanted to squash new bugs, he'll have to go away from home, which he won't do... so instead he'll

create a problem... and that was simply finding the phantom powered device. (remember this disease is all in his mind, his fucked up brained created a problem, b/c he had nothing else to do)

DickTrickle

i missed the part on Jimmy giving up the million.

he still gets paid right? they're just holding out?

No i still believe he was "bored" rather than "forced" in a way to face his "disease". Everytime he was complacent, he was just wrapped up in a blanket and reading newspapers... what happened when Jimmy strung him along for the sandpiper deal? Chuck got motivated, Chuck face his fear and grabbed Jimmys phone and called Howard (to give them sandpiper).

Chuck then strolled on back to HHM, w/ Jimmy.

When Chuck thought Jimmy was screwing him over, he tailed him and went to the copy store and all that...

Chucks mind was working... to find ways to get back at Jimmy.

When Chuck did that whole recorded conversation thing, the cog in his wheels were spinning!

However, when he lost the case, lost his brother, lost his ex-wife and lost face over being a crazy buffoon in front of his peers... well that was his downfall.

He had to keep busy, OH!!! he had a target, the insurance company (no thanks to Jimmy), then when Howard threatened him, he had a NEW target, HHM.

When HHM settled with him, that did away with HHM and the insurance company as well, Chuck has nothing to do, there is no bugs for Chuck to squash in his own backyard... if he wanted to squash new bugs, he'll have to go away from home, which he won't do... so instead he'll

create a problem... and that was simply finding the phantom powered device. (remember this disease is all in his mind, his fucked up brained created a problem, b/c he had nothing else to do)

My takeaway is he'll still get his share (I'm guessing Erin wouldn't want to press things against Jimmy since he helped get them back on track for a bigger deal).

Did he see a boring life in front of him with nothing of what kept him going in the past to keep him going in the future? Sure. But that was a secondary effect of having lost everyone and everything that mattered to him. That's why I think it's pretty misleading to say he killed himself out of boredom. He killed himself because he had nothing left and had emotions he couldn't deal with (hence skipping that part in the journal). I don't think you tear your house apart because you're bored; I don't think there's any way to see those scenes except a relapse of his mental illness. Extreme agitation and anxiety doesn't equate to boredom in my mind.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
now its Howard's time to shine

7fHStjM.gif

fWo9Exp.gif

And for those wondering, Chuck is definitely dead. He will be back for some flashbacks next season, but the actor seems pretty sure he is gone
‘Better Call Saul’ Finale: Michael McKean on Chuck’s Inflammatory Act

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was fun watching Chuck unravel in this episode. Is the next season the last one? I feel we're close to tying up everything leading up to BB.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Great episode.

I like the transition there. Jimmy doesn't want to mess with elderly people by being his shady self. But he has absolutely zero problems being his shady self around other shady ass people.

I wouldn't have any issue conning criminals either.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Assuming Chuck is dead, wouldn't Jimmy inherit Chuck's money from HHM ?

I would have to believe someone like Chuck would have a will and would not let that money go to Jimmy. Maybe his ex-wife or some law school, something like that.

It was fun watching Chuck unravel in this episode. Is the next season the last one? I feel we're close to tying up everything leading up to BB.

Technically, there isn't a contract for next season under wraps, so no one really knows. I suppose the length maybe depends on how much of the present time they're going to delve in to. Still, even if they don't go down that route much, I could see two more seasons, especially if we get to see a healthy dose of Saul.