Better Call Saul

Chris

Potato del Grande
i missed the part on Jimmy giving up the million.

he still gets paid right? they're just holding out?

No i still believe he was "bored" rather than "forced" in a way to face his "disease". Everytime he was complacent, he was just wrapped up in a blanket and reading newspapers... what happened when Jimmy strung him along for the sandpiper deal? Chuck got motivated, Chuck face his fear and grabbed Jimmys phone and called Howard (to give them sandpiper).

Chuck then strolled on back to HHM, w/ Jimmy.

When Chuck thought Jimmy was screwing him over, he tailed him and went to the copy store and all that...

Chucks mind was working... to find ways to get back at Jimmy.

When Chuck did that whole recorded conversation thing, the cog in his wheels were spinning!

However, when he lost the case, lost his brother, lost his ex-wife and lost face over being a crazy buffoon in front of his peers... well that was his downfall.

He had to keep busy, OH!!! he had a target, the insurance company (no thanks to Jimmy), then when Howard threatened him, he had a NEW target, HHM.

When HHM settled with him, that did away with HHM and the insurance company as well, Chuck has nothing to do, there is no bugs for Chuck to squash in his own backyard... if he wanted to squash new bugs, he'll have to go away from home, which he won't do... so instead he'll

create a problem... and that was simply finding the phantom powered device. (remember this disease is all in his mind, his fucked up brained created a problem, b/c he had nothing else to do)
This is the answer. Great post.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Howard is seen wining and dining clients. I'm not going to be able to find a clip, but Chuck and/or on one or two occasions have mentioned Howard closing million dollar deals on the links.

Seems like something most lawyers do. Not sure how a lawyer doing normal lawyer stuff makes him a "master" of anything. Chuck's the only one that was actually revered as being some major bad ass lawyer.

There's still the part about all the Jr partners being present in the beginning of the negotiations to try and get Chuck out. That shows they have a pretty good idea of what was going on. To think that they had no idea why they were in the meeting or why their malpractice insurance was suddenly doubling is pretty crazy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sorta checking out s1 for stuff, first eps
cad80be9b0db2e4bc96175403a094cae.png

you think thats the band aid box from the coins in the store?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My takeaway is he'll still get his share (I'm guessing Erin wouldn't want to press things against Jimmy since he helped get them back on track for a bigger deal

I think he's going to lose it. They're going to get his deal terminated for what he did to the clients.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
just noticed the moutain logo in the background looks like a downwards trajectory with jimmy standing in front of it

That's a W and an M for Wexler and McGill.

my new local blockbuster replaced my old video store that was pretty awesome. going from 2$ rentals to fucking 4.99$ blockbuster rentals was stupid

You misspelled "Getting rid of the adult section was stupid"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

The thing that pissed me off the most about Chucks end was that we were never going to learn what was still drawing electricity.

Person who asked that question in the link was a retard, but maybe they're right about chuck's problem being a ground fault.

i think we can all agree jimmy is never going to see a penny of chuck's estate. i doubt he even gets the burned out plot chuck's house stood on. probably piss away his sandpiper settlement too.

It could go either way. I mean, for a while Chuck liked Jimmy enough to maybe throw him a bone in the will. Like all that time he was taking care of him daily, for instance. Did he ever get around to updating the will again after they had their final split? He certainly never had a chance to update it to account for the 9 million new bucks from howard. Secondly, Jimmy had legal power over chuck. I think it was temporary and might have expired by now, but who knows? Remember we were bringing it up during the criminal hearing, but they never mentioned it. And Third, Jimmy is a slimy lawyer. If he wants to, I'm sure he can pull some slimy lawyer tricks as Chuck's only living relative. He might even show proof of all the money and time he spent while chuck was sick taking care of him.

But, if he does get any of chuck's money, he definitely has to piss it away somehow so he can be saul goodman.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Great episode and certainly one of the series' best so far. Several highlights not the least of which was learning that Kim looks pretty good in just a ribbed tank top and PJ bottoms.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume Jimmy gets Chuck's Cadillac Deville, the car he drives in BrBa.

It seems like the car someone like Chuck would drive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Great episode and certainly one of the series' best so far. Several highlights not the least of which was learning that Kim looks pretty good in just a ribbed tank top and PJ bottoms.
here you go, best scene of the eps
giphy.gif

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

A+ buttcheeks for sure

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The thing that pissed me off the most about Chucks end was that we were never going to learn what was still drawing electricity.

Person who asked that question in the link was a retard, but maybe they're right about chuck's problem being a ground fault.

It could go either way. I mean, for a while Chuck liked Jimmy enough to maybe throw him a bone in the will. Like all that time he was taking care of him daily, for instance. Did he ever get around to updating the will again after they had their final split? He certainly never had a chance to update it to account for the 9 million new bucks from howard. Secondly, Jimmy had legal power over chuck. I think it was temporary and might have expired by now, but who knows? Remember we were bringing it up during the criminal hearing, but they never mentioned it. And Third, Jimmy is a slimy lawyer. If he wants to, I'm sure he can pull some slimy lawyer tricks as Chuck's only living relative. He might even show proof of all the money and time he spent while chuck was sick taking care of him.

But, if he does get any of chuck's money, he definitely has to piss it away somehow so he can be saul goodman.
well, chuck as a lawyer would be pretty much all on top of his estate and unless jimmy can prove chuck wasnt of sound mind and body he might be able to dispute the will if this ever comes up and he gets left nothing. i dunno if he would get all 9 million from howard as it seemed like a verbal contract between him and chuck and i somehow doubt he gives jimmy one red cent.

also if i had to guess, the power that electricity might have been to something that has to stay on. maybe a water heater or something

Ganthorn

N00b
Something I haven't seen anyone mention was, was it actually really spinning? Or was that just part of his delusion at the end.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well, chuck as a lawyer would be pretty much all on top of his estate and unless jimmy can prove chuck wasnt of sound mind and body he might be able to dispute the will if this ever comes up and he gets left nothing. i dunno if he would get all 9 million from howard as it seemed like a verbal contract between him and chuck and i somehow doubt he gives jimmy one red cent.

also if i had to guess, the power that electricity might have been to something that has to stay on. maybe a water heater or something

somehow Chuck was living like a hermit using watercoolers and eating cold sandwiches and afraid of cooking... cuz he was using a fucking electric stove.

is it so difficult for a millionaire to run a new gas line into his house and get a proper gas stove? fuck, he coulda gotten an old timey one with no starter and just keep on lighting matches
9865b515541c1501742e423ff4e989f2.jpg

rewatching the first season, and when chuck got arrested and put in the hospital (for stealing the paper), the doctor was right, jimmy was enabling chuck

no different than feeding these fat fucks cuz they're scared they're gonna starve to death
f00a03692fadfbc259f910a513d450ad.jpg

Ganthorn

N00b
somehow Chuck was living like a hermit using watercoolers and eating cold sandwiches and afraid of cooking... cuz he was using a fucking electric stove.

is it so difficult for a millionaire to run a new gas line into his house and get a proper gas stove? fuck, he coulda gotten an old timey one with no starter and just keep on lighting matches

I was saying something similar to my wife. He has 9 million dollars coming plus tons more he already had. Have an off the grid cabin built away from all power with propane deliveries, etc. But obviously he wasn't very rational.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was saying something similar to my wife. He has 9 million dollars coming plus tons more he already had. Have an off the grid cabin built away from all power with propane deliveries, etc. But obviously he wasn't very rational.
thats one reason i cant say chuck is 100% dead. there is some possibility chuck scooted away and made it look like he was dead in the fire so he could live off grid somewhere. but that doesnt really make any damned sense so i hope they really did kill him off. even though that didnt make much sense either.
BTW who needs a gas stove when you can go full wood burning and heat your house while you make breakfast.
661fc7a15c8d5f620742e61f08695cc3.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
here you go, best scene of the eps
giphy.gif

Nice.

It does require splicing together with the earlier shot of her lying in bed with the covers down to fully appreciate the virtues of the ensemble though.