Better Call Saul

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think we can all agree jimmy is never going to see a penny of chuck's estate. i doubt he even gets the burned out plot chuck's house stood on. probably piss away his sandpiper settlement too.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
glad this chuck shit is over.

I hope kim turns into wendy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The episode really disproved the people saying Jimmy was an awful human being.
its still awful what he did, i mean its good he made amends, but like chuck said, jimmy hurts somebody, then feels bad and then continues to hurt people afterward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
its still awful what he did, i mean its good he made amends, but like chuck said, jimmy hurts somebody, then feels bad and then continues to hurt people afterward.

Compared to Chuck who destroyed things he loves with absolutely zero remorse.

When Jimmy would con people he'd target douchebags/assholes. He was desperate when he went for the old lady gave up a pretty big sacrifice when he discovered they didn't let her back in their clique.

Caliane

" the air conditioning was turned up so high that it wasn't on"

huh... so it was plugged in and drawing power still, right?

This doesn't apply here I think, Chuck basically flipped the RCCB?
Mike did actually install a bug right? not just take photos while in there? this would normally be after any circuit breakers. perhaps not? or, might just be fuel for Jimmy to later wonder/feel guilty about.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Mike did actually install a bug right? not just take photos while in there? this would normally be after any circuit breakers. perhaps not? or, might just be fuel for Jimmy to later wonder/feel guilty about.
mike did 3 things, take photos, find ex-wife number and repair the door. no bugs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

When Jimmy would con people he'd target douchebags/assholes. He was desperate when he went for the old lady gave up a pretty big sacrifice when he discovered they didn't let her back in their clique.
chuck is a self righteous asshole who had no clue why his wife preferred jimmy's humor to his. he only realized when it was too late at how his behavior pushed him away from everyone and turned him into a crazy person. its why he (maybe) killed himself.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think him killing himself shows he had a little remorse.

Killing yourself doesn't show remorse. Choosing to live despite the pain in order to right your wrongs shows remorse. If he committed suicide he wasn't doing it for anyone other than himself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Killing yourself doesn't show remorse. Choosing to live despite the pain in order to right your wrongs shows remorse. If he committed suicide he wasn't doing it for anyone other than himself.

Right, he could have easily made amends with Jimmy if he wanted to. Even after everything Chuck did, Jimmy was still worried about him.

Chuck's suicide appeared to be more about his mental illness possibly combined with his ruined reputation.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Right, he could have easily made amends with Jimmy if he wanted to. Even after everything Chuck did, Jimmy was still worried about him.

Chuck's suicide appeared to be more about his mental illness possibly combined with his ruined reputation.
As far as the associates, and I'd imagine all of the partners, besides Howard, at HHM know, Chuck left on good on good terms.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Nobody is saying Chuck is a good person. They are both pieces of shit, Jimmy just has more of a conscience about it. The fact remains that Jimmy still does some very shady shit. He just feels bad after it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As far as the associates, and I'd imagine all of the partners, besides Howard, at HHM know, Chuck left on good on good terms.

All the lawyers that were in the conference room when Harry asked if he and Chuck could have the room know it wasn't on good terms.

Brad2770

The big guy in the back that looks like Ron Pearlman with a beard.

4483544250_6c7db3772c_o.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

All the lawyers that were in the conference room when Harry asked if he and Chuck could have the room know it wasn't on good terms.
Howard has been portrayed as a master negotiator, ie closing deals on the golf course. It would stand to reason that the two senior partners hammered out a reasonable deal for Chuck not to pursue his suit after the junior partners were asked to leave.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Howard has been portrayed as a master negotiator, ie closing deals on the golf course. It would stand to reason that the two senior partners hammered out a reasonable deal for Chuck not to pursue his suit after the junior partners were asked to leave.

When was Howard ever portrayed as a negotiator that could rival Chuck? All the jr partners were there because they wanted him out as well for the same reasons Howard did. I doubt they believe he stopped becoming an unhinged liability due to the 5 minute conversation they had.

Muurloen

When was Howard ever portrayed as a negotiator that could rival Chuck? All the jr partners were there because they wanted him out as well for the same reasons Howard did. I doubt they believe he stopped becoming an unhinged liability due to the 5 minute conversation they had.
Have you ever seen Howard in a court room? Nope. He has only appeared before the NM Bar and Licensing hearing (not a court) for Mesa Verde.

Howard is seen wining and dining clients. I'm not going to be able to find a clip, but Chuck and/or Jimmy on one or two occasions have mentioned Howard closing million dollar deals on the links.

Last edited: