Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just want a little nibble as to why Saul has never mentioned Kim in BB. (i know retcon, etc)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Saul was quite pleased/relieved to hear that Howard thinks the insurance premium raise argument is what drove his brother to suicide, right? Is there another way to interpret his reaction at the end of the episode?

Sterling

El Presidente
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Saul was quite pleased/relieved to hear that Howard thinks the insurance premium raise argument is what drove his brother to suicide, right? Is there another way to interpret his reaction at the end of the episode?
That comment right at the end to Howard was rough. Also, he's probably feeling pretty shitty about being the reason for the insurance thing to begin with since I think his intentions were inconvenience and anger not suicide.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That comment right at the end to Howard was rough. Also, he's probably feeling pretty shitty about being the reason for the insurance thing to begin with since I think his intentions were inconvenience and anger not suicide.
So you think it's more like Jimmy is in denial and choosing to ignore his role in his brother's suicide?

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I think its Jimmy passing the buck to Howard. In his mind it wasnt what he did that caused his brother to kill himself but that Howard tossed him out. Hes justifying it in his mind as it not being his fault, freeing him of the burden of guilt, which makes him cheer up at the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
So you think it's more like Jimmy is in denial and choosing to ignore his role in his brother's suicide?
I think its Jimmy passing the buck to Howard. In his mind it wasnt what he did that caused his brother to kill himself but that Howard tossed him out. Hes justifying it in his mind as it not being his fault, freeing him of the burden of guilt, which makes him cheer up at the end.
Yeah, I think he's trying to mitigate his part in this by trying to shift the blame to Howard, but I think he knows it's bullshit and still feels terrible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats how i interpreted it too. the alternative is that he got cheered up that it was his little stunt that caused chuck to kill himself. that would make him not such a good man. (see what i did there?)
its sad that those Gene scenes only come once or twice a season, i really want to know how that cabbie recognized him.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
thats how i interpreted it too. the alternative is that he got cheered up that it was his little stunt that caused chuck to kill himself. that would make him not such a good man. (see what i did there?)
its sad that those Gene scenes only come once or twice a season, i really want to know how that cabbie recognized him.
The cabbie was from Albuquerque and owned a TV?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bernie Madoff is easily as well known as SG. seriously, the last time anyone saw madoff was about ten years ago. you wouldnt know him from adam. especially if he was disguising his face and in a dark cab. i forget the timeline, but this is supposad to have taken place years after BB. fuck, i bet you wouldnt recognize Bryan Cranston in the back of your cab in the same situation. nah man, this guy knows Goodman because he either represented him or knew him outside of TV commercials or news.

Last edited:

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Which Mike are you?

mikebcs.jpg

spronk

FPS noob

wow I didn't realize that bottle of tequila was the same brand Gus Fring gave to Don Eladio in season 4, very cool.

and yeah, I don't remember all the details of season 3 so why Jimmy suddenly "switched" after Howard says its his fault that Chuck died is a mystery to me. Is he relieved that nobody thinks its his fault? Was it his fault, I honestly don't remember - I remember Chuck basically knocking over the lamps to start the fire and I vaguely remember Jimmy visiting before but not what they talked about.

The Madrigal stuff is kinda weird, like Gus Fring doesn't own that giant ass company, right? Its some German conglomerate where Lydia works and Los Pollos is owned by it I think so Gus must be a VP or something, and they of course get their meth precursor chemicals through the company and I remember they shipped meth to eastern europe through the company I think but I don't really understand if the big wigs know they sell meth or if its something Gus just setup as a shell inside a big company. Guess we'll find out this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who was that chinese mexican guy stalking Nacho again?

As for Mike, did he just decide that he might as well do some work if he was gonna get paid 10k a month?