Better Call Saul

CrazyRussell

Golden Squire
Kim wrote that letter. Chuck probably wrote something so bad that Kim trashed it. Anyone with me on this?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is about Episode 1 but it came out recently, pretty interesting. Hope he does some of the newer ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't get around to watching this on time, since I'm watching this on my laptop while donating blood plasma because that seems to be the only time I can watch something bloody and brutal IN PEACE AND QUIET WITH A PREGNANT WIFE AND A THREE YEAR OLD

Why would you guys expect them to murder all 7 construction workers? You can accident-murder one guy, but all 7? And have the relatives of all 7 workers file missing persons reports, and eventually they figure out which airport they departed from, which airport they arrived at, and from there the search begins.

one guy, yes. 7 missing workers don't just go away. They'll get paid, and they'll go home. When you pile up bodies for no reason that's when your crime lordship will end, we learned that from The Wire, right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't get around to watching this on time, since I'm watching this on my laptop while donating blood plasma because that seems to be the only time I can watch something bloody and brutal IN PEACE AND QUIET WITH A PREGNANT WIFE AND A THREE YEAR OLD

Why would you guys expect them to murder all 7 construction workers? You can accident-murder one guy, but all 7? And have the relatives of all 7 workers file missing persons reports, and eventually they figure out which airport they departed from, which airport they arrived at, and from there the search begins.

one guy, yes. 7 missing workers don't just go away. They'll get paid, and they'll go home. When you pile up bodies for no reason that's when your crime lordship will end, we learned that from The Wire, right?
airport near the border of mexico. those guys could be anywhere. plus NM is a big place. this construction was done secretly so nobody is gonna know. well except mexican ninja

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Did you miss the part where they picked them up and drove for an unknown amount of time blindfolded in the back of the van?

If your only lead is "somewhere in America or maybe Mexico 7 german guys were last heard from about a year ago" they're not sending out search teams like "The Fugitive" and checking every yardhouse, henhouse, outhouse, etc. It would be more like if they're somehow identified by law enforcement for another reason then there might be an alert that they've been reported missing.

The whole situation was set up so they could disappear if they had to.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you miss the part where they picked them up and drove for an unknown amount of time blindfolded in the back of the van?

If your only lead is "somewhere in America or maybe Mexico 7 german guys were last heard from about a year ago" they're not sending out search teams like "The Fugitive" and checking every yardhouse, henhouse, outhouse, etc. It would be more like if they're somehow identified by law enforcement for another reason then there might be an alert that they've been reported missing.

The whole situation was set up so they could disappear if they had to.
Right until they took them all to the tiddy bar. 7 German guys spending mad cash at a tiddy bar, is that a common thing in ABQ?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right until they took them all to the tiddy bar. 7 German guys spending mad cash at a tiddy bar, is that a common thing in ABQ?
7 germans at a bar in a state the size of several european countries. how many bars are there in just your home town? whats the odds of finding a connection there and where do you go from that if you do?

7 germans in new mexico
7 germans at a titty bar
?????
Gus Fring made them disappear!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'm sure the people at the bar immediately reported that there were 7 Germans to the German authorities.

Not sure what part you're not grasping, but nobody will even be actively looking for them. Nobody has any reason to think they're in Albuquerque and won't be asking every random citizen if they've seen any germans in the last year or two.

You're trying to force a plot hole that doesnt exist and was even spelled out for you in the show.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since when does Fring strike you as the kind of guy taking even the slightest chances?

We'll just have to wait for the next season to prove I'm right. I'm fine with that.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Fring intended to murder them, but now that they had to kill the boss guy, it might end up that way. The bigger loose end is sending them back, and their friend they've worked with before has just disappeared completely. You don't think they might go to the authorities themselves then? Whatever way you think the authorities would piece together that it was Fring, add multiple witnesses giving them information to the equation, and it becomes a lot easier to find Fring. They could narrow it down to the region/state, and recognize the buildings if they saw them.
Alternatively, Mike will get some kind of leverage on all of them to prevent that from entering into their minds, much like he tried to prevent Fring from killing the first guy. Maybe it'll work this time because he's got time to figure it out, since Mike already knows Fring will want to kill the rest of them afterwards now.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Glad to hear it. This spinoff went above and beyond my expectations and I'll probably binge the whole thing again at some point. Such a great show, cant wait for this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Damn this bump reminded me that I need to finish season 5. At some point in season 5 my DVR stopped recording it. So I've been waiting for it to be free on netflix or hulu or wherethefuckever it can be streamed. Now I have to remember which episode I left off on.