Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Except he's mentally ill and Howard is trying to help him and preserve his legacy. Instead Chuck gets butthurt and tries to burn them all. I'm not sure how Chuck is "in the right" in this situation at all. That dude is nuts.
he's crazy, but he's not wrong either, i don't know much about firms, but it seems HHM was built on Chucks law ability and reputation.

If he wants to burn it down, why not. One thing i did note, he told Howard it'd be 8m for a buyout, in the first season Jimmy says that Chuck should get bought out for 17m, and Chuck was against it(b/c then he seemed to give a shit about the ppl and the firm).

spronk

FPS noob
was gonna watch the son soon, it just ended season 1 so good time to start

the whole hhm thing is kinda weird because on the good wife the people on that shit show would constantly leave and start a new firm to the point it was confusing who worked where. It just seems like Howard could leave to start a new firm and poach all of HHMs clients, not sure why its gonna turn into a huge mess here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wonder if HHM uses the Sandpiper settlement to buy out Chuck, and then he just disappears into obscurity?
maybe chuck lives out in the mountains where it's wireless/ electricity free, and once Saul sees the white power shootout he decides to visit Chuck.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
its a tough call, letting jessie's tweaker girlfriend (who would have eventually killed jessie) die or taking away a sweet old lady's last friends and manipulating her for profit. one was actually helping jessie in the long term, while the other secured the rest of her life in misery. i really didnt have much sympathy for jessie since he was a drug dealer long before walter white entered his life and that sweet old lady didnt hurt anyone. yeah saul was worse.

Goddamn it's fucking triggering that you don't know his name is spelled Jesse.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
one could argue that if it wasnt for jimmy's shenanigans at Brent and Main and at HHM, kim would still be working for her full partnership with HHM and jimmy would be doing his job on the elder care lawsuit. but then it would be a REALLY boring show. plus i agree with you her shutting jimmy out was at least partially due to her overachieving nature.

I think it's been clear for a while now that Jimmy is going to lead to Kim's downfall. Ever since he returned, he's been slowly dragging her down, either directly or indirectly. So far, she's been able to weather the storm fairly well due to her tenacity but the pressure is starting to get to her. She's having to keep the firm afloat single-handedly while worrying about Jimmy's career and how long this will last, meanwhile the guilt of how she got Mesa Verde and what they did to Chuck is eating away at her. I'm not sure if she took on more work because she's worried about covering Jimmy's share of the firm or if she's just throwing herself into more work to avoid dealing with this stuff.

The question is just whether Kim wakes up to what's going on and runs while she still can, Jimmy realizes what he's doing to her and pushes her away, or if neither realize until it's too late.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's been clear for a while now that Jimmy is going to lead to Kim's downfall. Ever since he returned, he's been slowly dragging her down, either directly or indirectly. So far, she's been able to weather the storm fairly well due to her tenacity but the pressure is starting to get to her. She's having to keep the firm afloat single-handedly while worrying about Jimmy's career and how long this will last, meanwhile the guilt of how she got Mesa Verde and what they did to Chuck is eating away at her. I'm not sure if she took on more work because she's worried about covering Jimmy's share of the firm or if she's just throwing herself into more work to avoid dealing with this stuff.

The question is just whether Kim wakes up to what's going on and runs while she still can, Jimmy realizes what he's doing to her and pushes her away, or if neither realize until it's too late.
i think it will be jimmy to push her away, he can afford to go on his own now and he probably or hopefully feels hella guilty about being a fuckup and causing harm. kim seems like the kind of person determined to make lemonade even if she was handed rotten lemons.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jimmy is willing to stab an old lady in the gut, so that he can worry about living pay check to pay check. (but most likely, it's b/c he would feel like less of a "man" if he couldn't hold up his 50% share, i mean given that situation, i'd stab an old lady in the gut too)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks like Jimmy was only being good because he looked up to Chuck for saving him from his Slippin Jimmy legal troubles.

Now that bridge is burned, the old Jimmy has been unleashed.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
watching this now and had to parachute in

holy fucking slippin chuckie givin it to howard (lol)

*forgot jimmy's a piece of shit

that manipulation of elderly irene real scummy

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i'm bad with J names, never been able to spell that right and i still dont know if its Jaime Lannister or Jamie
Jaime from the books.

Jessie is typically for girls and Jesse for boys. There's some co-mingling.

This is my favorite show on TV right now but not surprising because breaking bad is my favorite series of all times.

Kim possibly screwed herself big-time and may lose her big client too (name eludes me)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kim possibly screwed herself big-time and may lose her big client too (name eludes me)
Well, no company is gonna can her for getting into an accident, unless she specifically says, "yea i got too much on my plate, i'm doing this almost by myself, with the help of a former dmv clerk, and i had to look over some oil guys goo"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't see any problem with manipulating Irene. She was just being manipulated by someone else at your detriment. Fuck Irene and whoever was consulting with her.

If I was broke and desperate and knew there was money on the table like that I wouldn't even hesitate.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't see any problem with manipulating Irene. She was just being manipulated by someone else at your detriment. Fuck Irene and whoever was consulting with her.

If I was broke and desperate and knew there was money on the table like that I wouldn't even hesitate.
yea i'm pretty it went like this

if hhm told them to hold out, hhm would receive a percentage of the total lawsuit, millions more

however, that increase being distributed to a few hundred old ppl is probably only 50k each, which is a good chunk, yes, but they old and everyday they about to die!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Being alienated from her friends was devastating for Irene. It was rage inducing to see her anguish and wondering why all her friends were giving her the cold shoulder due to mental manipulation by slippin Jimmy.

I had forgotten that Jimmy's a piece of shit and kudos to the show for reminding me that Jimmy is a scumlord we shouldn't be rooting for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Being alienated from her friends was devastating for Irene. It was rage inducing to see her anguish and wondering why all her friends were giving her the cold shoulder due to mental manipulation by slippin Jimmy.

I had forgotten that Jimmy's a piece of shit and kudos to the show for reminding me that Jimmy is a scumlord we shouldn't be rooting for.
That's the thing, almost everyone on this show is kind of shitty.