Bill Burr VS Louis CK

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
CK's jokes appeal to me as a father with kids who can be assholes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not too familiar with Burr. Someone link his best shit. Louis is just one of those brutally painfully honest people. It's a blessing and a curse I guess.
This is his pure, on his feet ability to be a boss standup.

Not saying CK wouldn't be doing the same shit, i'd say he could work just as great... however, i feel Louie might feel more comfortable going slightly into dicks or some shit to make that work.

Burr and CK have both acted, we're all more familiar with Louie of course, Bill was pretty good in Breaking Bad.

Burrs new animated show comes out later, and we all know Louis is great

burrs most recent special

it's ok... but that's cuz you heard all this material from his podcast and when he's on Rogan.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Im Sorry You feel that way" is an awesome standup, I always love when hes on talk shows

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is a difficult decision for this early in the morning!

Love both comedians and I've seen their standups live multiple times each. I'd say Bill Burr is currently "hotter" but CK was literally everywhere for awhile there.

Going with Burr. But only by the slimmest of margins.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Louis CK's comedy is Melancholy. It's awkward and depressing but in a funny way. Bill Burr is an angry, angry man who vents frustration in very funny ways. I don't see how you can really compare the two.

It would be like comparing Steven Wright to Eddie Murphy.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Louis was never nearly as dry and subtle as Wright. I know what you mean about his more awkward and depressing style, but its not really that much of a gap in how engaging and expressive they both are.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I got to see Bill Burr live in the summer and he was fantastic. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. His bit on Bruce Jenner was absolutely priceless (better than the modified version he later did on talk shows). Having said that, I still give the edge to Louis CK. He just strikes me as a better comedic writer overall. Plus, Burr is kind of known for improvising reactions to audience comments and I hate that stuff. Give me scripted and rehearsed shtick over potentially awkward and uncomfortable freestyling any day.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I voted CK, but it's very, very close. CK's bit "the saddest handjob in America" is outrageous. But so is Bill Burr swearing at a bunch of assholes in Philadelphia for heckling the comedian before him, and counting down the minutes while he does it.

"Seven fucking minutes. Seven fucking minutes left. And I'm doing every fucking one of them!"

Jim Jeffries is up there too. In small doses, though. And never with a female present.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Louis CK is a faggot.
Keg has reached his final form, full retard! Go spoon Tyen while he is spooning Trex you fucking mope!

Poll is broken this like saying which one of my Wife's Boobs is better? I don't have to choose and why should I? They are both awesome.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol, that Burr video was great, he went on a serious fucking rail. "You guys were here, go fuck yourselves".

Seriously, how the fuck do you have a comedian poll with only 2 comedians?

No mention of Stanhope, Joey Diaz, Hannibal Buress, Tom Segura, Lewis Black, etc etc. I mean fuk.

Homsar

I voted CK, but it's very, very close. CK's bit "the saddest handjob in America" is outrageous. But so is Bill Burr swearing at a bunch of assholes in Philadelphia for heckling the comedian before him, and counting down the minutes while he does it.

I never knew about that Burr rant, makes so much sense that is was a Philly crowd. Worst fans ever and they win the award every year

And holy fuck that was hilarious, so much shit talking about Philly.

Oh - fuck all you people! You know what? You fucking losers, I hope you all fucking die, and I hope those fucking Eagles never win the Superbowl. Go fuck yourselves.
All of you. you can line up with your Harold Carmichael fuckin' jerseys, and one at a time you can all suck my dick!
I hope you all get in your Ford Focuses and fuckin' drive off the side of that faggot ass Ben Franklin bridge. You fuckin' one bridge having piece of shit city that no one gives a fuck about. The terrorists - the terrorists will never bomb you people 'cause you're fuckin' worthless and no one cares about you.
Fuckin' Rocky is your hero. The whole pride of your city is built around a fuckin guy who doesn't even exist. You got fuckin Joe Frazier is from there but he's black so you can't fuckin deal with him, so you make a fucking statue for some 3 feet fuckin Italian you stupid philly cheese-eatin' fucking jackasses.
The Flyers. Do they even fuckin exist anymore? Bunch of goddamn pansies. Never won shit, since fuckin Gerald Ford was in office. Why don't ya just get the fuckin Ice Capades down there you assholes. You probably won't even notice the fuckin difference. That fuckin pussy teams.

Remember that had that whole season when they wore the slacks. You bunch of faggots. What else? What else? I attack your mothers. 8 Minutes I'm doin it all.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jim Jeffries is up there too. In small doses, though. And never with a female present.
Jeffries is great, but I feel like he's still a half a notch below them career wise right now. Two more solid specials worth of work and he's on par I'd say.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, that Burr video was great, he went on a serious fucking rail. "You guys were here, go fuck yourselves".

Seriously, how the fuck do you have a comedian poll with only 2 comedians?

No mention of Stanhope, Joey Diaz, Hannibal Buress, Tom Segura, Lewis Black, etc etc. I mean fuk.
I think CK and Burr are edgy and innovative enough and similar enough in career and body of work to compare. Stanhope is close but with his own pretty different approach, Buress hasn't been around long enough yet, Black is very apples to oranges.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_120202.jpg

Homsar

I've never heard of Segura. If I mentioned CK, Jefferies, Burr, Buress, Stanhope or a lot of other comedians, most of my friends and family wouldnt know who the fuck im talking about. If its not a kings of comedy, Red necks, Kevin hart, Inglesias, puppet man ect. most look confused and think im talking about some unknown person