Bill Burr VS Louis CK

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty surprised that Jeffries even came up in this discussion. I don't think he is remotely as good as the other two but that might partially be because I am somewhat triggered by people who come here from a foreign country and then explain how America needs to change to be more like wherever the fuck they came from. If it's worse here than in Australia he can always go back.
fucking lol

spronk

FPS noob
Feels like LCK is getting less funny and Burr is just starting to rev up. Love em both, right now I'd give the nod to LCK just because of all the shit he has pioneered - making his own show on his own terms on a shoestring and doing EVERYTHING for the show, selling specials on the internet direct for $5, going around ticketmaster to book venues and cutting ticket prices by 50% or more - whereas Burr really hasn't done anything to advance the comedy medium. You can feel the effect of what LCK did on so many things like new Netflix pilots (including Burr's animated new one), how comedians tour, how specials are put out now, etc.

However I think in the next 5 years we'll see a lot more of Burr and LCK will slow down a lot and join the grand gentlemen of Comedy like Rock, Seinfeld, Murphy, etc.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
never watched burr until last page someone posted "their favorite clips of him" and they were no were close to be as funny as the least funny things CK has done, so not even sure how this poll is as close as it is.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty surprised that Jeffries even came up in this discussion. I don't think he is remotely as good as the other two but that might partially be because I am somewhat triggered by people who come here from a foreign country and then explain how America needs to change to be more like wherever the fuck they came from. If it's worse here than in Australia he can always go back.
The guy does a couple bits about gun control and look how fucking salty you get. It's adorable.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
never watched burr until last page someone posted "their favorite clips of him" and they were no were close to be as funny as the least funny things CK has done, so not even sure how this poll is as close as it is.
u dun no shit

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Jeffries is OK, the problem is if you watch his ENTIRE shows he goes off and talks about random things, most of them just a bit over the top but not truly funny. He carries by personality and eventually you'll tire of it, just like that one dude from the early-mid 2000s everyone liked who I can't remember, tall skinny black shirt blue jeans guy with stubble beard whateverthefuck. Don or Tom something?

Anyway, CK vs Burr... eh. It's tough, they both have their niche. The major difference in the items I've seen (watched specials from both but never seen either live) is CK seems more tethered to 'stuff that happened to him involving X' where Burr actually makes jokes about random things and goes on rants about random topics. At the least, I haven't really seen CK do that much, almost all the clips/specials I've seen about him without comedy would be him whining about being single, children or getting old and fat. Burr is a little more open to tangents and rants.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The guy does a couple bits about gun control and look how fucking salty you get. It's adorable.
Like I said, it triggers me. If an American wants to talk about gun control in America, go for it, but I don't need to hear lectures from somebody who moved here because it's better than where they came from. It's not really about gun control.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well how well received would an American be going to the UK and going "you silly brits and your royalty!"? Or going to France and going "you silly frogs and your love for snails!"?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Jeffries is OK, the problem is if you watch his ENTIRE shows he goes off and talks about random things, most of them just a bit over the top but not truly funny. He carries by personality and eventually you'll tire of it, just like that one dude from the early-mid 2000s everyone liked who I can't remember, tall skinny black shirt blue jeans guy with stubble beard whateverthefuck. Don or Tom something?
Dane Cook? He was terrible. He basically just ran around screaming while coked up, as far as I could tell. Greg Proops from Whose Line Is It Anyway was one a local radio station 10+ years ago just shooting the shit, and he and the DJ got to talking about standup comedians and he absolutely tore Cook to shreds. "WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWW!!! WATER IS JUST LIKE SO WET MAN!!!!!! ISN'T THAT FUCKING WILD?!?!?! ISN'T THAT FUCKING CRAZY?!?!?!" Basically he said that Cook was standup comedy for idiots. He's also been repeatedly accused of ripping other people's shit off, including by Rogan.

I agree that Jeffries can wander around and sometimes his humor is basically just being offensive for the sake of it. But he's also got some pretty awesome bits as well.

Well how well received would an American be going to the UK and going "you silly brits and your royalty!"? Or going to France and going "you silly frogs and your love for snails!"?
In Britain, a few royalists might get offended, but the rest of the country would just laugh at it. The British are masters of self-deprecating humor. The French aren't as good at laughing at themselves, admittedly, but I doubt there's any one topic that might get their dander up as much as some of you get all defensive about as gun control.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, I can watch Jeffries. It's not 'turn off the special' bad like some comedians (Lewis Black comes to mind) where they have some really funny bits but they just can't hold your attention for long.

Yea Dane Cook, lol.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dont see whose getting butthurt. Someone says they dont really like xyz comedian because of some of their material. Am I butthurt because I dont like George Lopez since I cant relate to growing up in the barrio?

Again trash talk french cruisine in france and some arent gonna like it. Trash talk traditional chinese medicine in china and some arent gonna like it. Trash talk guns in america? Well some arent gonna like it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dont see whose getting butthurt. Someone says they dont really like xyz comedian because of some of their material. Am I butthurt because I dont like George Lopez since I cant relate to growing up in the barrio?

Again trash talk french cruisine in france and some arent gonna like it. Trash talk traditional chinese medicine in china and some arent gonna like it. Trash talk guns in america? Well some arent gonna like it.
Make fun of guns for all I care but at least be funny.

Oh and Bill Burr > CK anyday of the week.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Louis CK for days! "Bag full of Dicks" and "rats fucking in the subway" are just so good. It's not so much his jokes, as the descriptions. He's such a good story teller, a bag full of dicks is funny, but getting you to visualize them looking like a bunch of bagettes sticking out of a sack is just amazing.

Louie the show is just further evidence of him being a very funny story teller rather then a true comedian. I just really like the more long form of his jokes.

I still have a warm spot for Mitch Hedburg, I love puns and absurdist humor which he was the master of.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is his pure, on his feet ability to be a boss standup.

Burrs new animated show comes out later, and we all know Louis is great
Its out on netflix, first episode had some pretty funny moments

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I know this is old but I just saw it for the first time today. Also, it is relevant because Ep 7, this thread and because I said so.