Bill Burr VS Louis CK

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've never heard of Segura. If I mentioned CK, Jefferies, Burr, Buress, Stanhope or a lot of other comedians, most of my friends and family wouldnt know who the fuck im talking about. If its not a kings of comedy, Red necks, Kevin hart, Inglesias, puppet man ect. most look confused and think im talking about some unknown person
What about this dude?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing about Burr is he's irreverant, self-depreciating, foul mouthed, and every other thing that makes a comic edgy and hip...but he's also very accessible and relateable to the average Joe. You can't say that as much about kinda dark weird CK, definitely not about brash alcoholic asshole Stanhope. Jeffries like Stanhope is also very in your face and vulgar with heavy doses of drug and alcohol abuse material and some radical atheist and political opinions. Burr can talk about not believing in god and have people feel like they get where he's coming from rather than that he's on the attack.

Buress is kind of abstract and alternative not everyone's style of humor. Lewis Black is very political and socially minded, he's more comparable to like Bill Maher.

joz123

Potato del Grande
My favorite comic is Artie Lange. He's just a darker version of Bill Burr to me but has tons of stories from working on Howard Stern and Mad TV for years. His podcast is amazing if nobody checked it out.

Feien

Ploppers
I love both, but I'm giving Bill the win by a hair from his bald red haired head. I'd watch Basketball much more often if Bill Burr was commenting.

Zastlyn

Peasant
I've historically liked Bill Burr, and I think comedy wise he is better then Louie C.K but I feel Louie is more like Carlin in that sometimes it's less about the laugh and more about the message. (even though the laugh is like still 90% of it).

But lately I feel Bill is starting to lose his edge a bit, compare his older muffin sketch to his newer stuff. He got married and is actually settling down etc. You can tell he's losing it. Sort of like what happened to Patton Oswalt.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird I thought his recent standup was one of the best but most of the stuff was new to me since I dont list to the JRE or Bills podcast all the time

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I think the most recent special (the black and white one) is the first that wasn't better than the one before it. But I wouldn't say he's losing his edge. I still like it more than his earlier stuff.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Chappelle is funnier than both.
He's my all-time favorite stand up.

As far as the CK vs Burr, it comes down to self-deprecation. People who can laugh at themselves are generally funnier and just all around more fun to be around. That's why I like CK. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're likely a douche. This is not a knock against Burr, but a knock against the faggots who think he's funnier in this poll. Come at me.

Szlia

In this style I prefer Louis CK, but I must say I am more a Stewart Francis / Mitch Hedberg kind of guy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Burr rips on himself all the time. Just not to the depressing level Louis does.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
CK, no contest. Burr is no where near as good at timing and is no where near as real. That "approachable average Joe" shit does nothing for me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thanks to this thread I just watched the Bill Burr special on netflix. It made me laugh. Louis CK makes me laugh. I win.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Burr is no where near as good at timing and is no where near as real. That "approachable average Joe" shit does nothing for me.
Wtf does this mean, have you even listened to Burr? He literally told all of Philadelphia to kill themselves live. Those people burn cars, stab and shoot one another over football games and he told the entire city to fuck off. His whole bit is pointing out how stupid or hypocritical everyone is

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty surprised that Jeffries even came up in this discussion. I don't think he is remotely as good as the other two but that might partially be because I am somewhat triggered by people who come here from a foreign country and then explain how America needs to change to be more like wherever the fuck they came from. If it's worse here than in Australia he can always go back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user