Bill Simmons leaving ESPN.

Sterling

El Presidente
While I don't really watch or listen to him, the Cowherd firing is sort of strange to me. Seems like something that would normally just get someone suspended for a little while not canned.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He was out the door anyhow, and ESPN has gotten ridiculous in it's politically correct bullshit and willingness to over-react to people over-reacting on twitter. It's not that they thought what he said was wrong or bad, it's that people got mad about it and they'd maybe lose advertising dollars.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Cowherd is boring as shit. Only sports shows I can watch on TV now are Dan Patrick and Sports Nation.

Sterling

El Presidente
I had totally forgotten that he was basically done anyways. It's still dumb how PC ESPN has gotten. I mean they've always been pretty whitewashed, but they stomp down on anything not PC way harder than they used to.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had totally forgotten that he was basically done anyways. It's still dumb how PC ESPN has gotten. I mean they've always been pretty whitewashed, but they stomp down on anything not PC way harder than they used to.
To be fair the black guys can say whatever! Except beating women I guess

Sterling

El Presidente
To be fair the black guys can say whatever! Except beating women I guess
Yeah I guess saying that the Dominican Republic isn't exactly the bastion of education is bad, but having a guy that probably killed a dude and can barely talk in complete sentences is cool.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He got kicked for 2 reasons. One he was halfway out the door anyway (story was his last day was next Friday). Second mlbpa was threatning to tell all it's players to boycott ESPN and shit like that will get networks to act quickly.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cowherd pats himself on the back because he does the show alone, but his show sucks because he has to do it alone so just invents shit, comes up with fake drama, says what he has to say to get a reaction from people, even if it's not his real opinion. He's a rich man's Skip Bayless, which is saying nothing

Simmons made the rest of the NBA playoffs less entertaining, we also aren't getting entertaining draft, movie, and pre season podcast. It's a bad move for ESPN but they're such a well oiled machine they probably won't notice his cult following going from 5 visits a week to 2. I hope he takes Lowe, I hate Rose and Morris, leave them at Grantland.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Simmons is just tweeting anti-NFL stuff now, granted it's with his usual Pats homerism, pretty funny.