Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
ok, I can quit now.

anthem-masterwork-colossus.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But you'll miss out on the limited time end game content that is totally an artistic storytelling choice not a manipulative attempt to trigger your Fear Of Missing Out, Ut.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So im not sure what they did to the drop rates (maybe my luck) but contracts dont drop shit anymore. Before patch you would get at least one masterwork in a GM1 contract. maybe one in two? Last night I ran like 5-6 GM1 contracts and didnt get shit other than one masterwork. I did a legendary contract and got 3, but those are rare, maybe you score one per night.

The strongholds are guaranteed drops now from bosses, but fuck running the same stronghold over and over... They essentially fucked their own game by nerfing it like that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe rng sucked for you last night. I got a masterwork every run in contracts and those were regular contracts. I also ha e a ton of +luck on my gear.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Drop rates have been all over the place. I was running 208% luck yesterday before patch, got fuck all from contracts (legendary and normal) all run on GM1, also did a stronghold and got jack and shit. Logged in this morning before patch and did 2 strongholds, first I walked out with 3 MWs, and the second was 2 MWs and a Lego. Switched to all my top level gear which I think has zero +luck on it, and run some more strongholds and got 1 MW a run. Then the patch hit, still in zero luck gear and pulled 1-2 MWs per stronghold after that, I did this about 5 times. Did 3 legendary contracts and got 1-0-1 on those.

Did the standard contracts, first 2 with zero luck, 0 MWs, and bugger all loot in general. Switched to the +luck gear and did the final contract. Had a Legendary drop in the first minute. Saw a bunch more Epics than the other missions.

I realise these are tiny sample sizes but overall, after 70+ hours of gameplay I can't help but think that +luck is the way to go, at least while you're trying to gear up.

Going to try a 100% luck build so I'm not so weak in GM1. It's doable, but it just doesn't have the massive amount of armour and regen that my higher level gear has. I guess I just need to keep farming MWs with +luck on them.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, loot has been changed I think. Running GM1+ strongholds nets you 1MW for each chest 100%. Normal GM1+ contracts are still a RNG thing, while the Legendary GM1+ contracts seem to be way better than they were. Prior to patch it was really rare to get a MW in either version of contracts at GM1, but after patch? The first batch of Legendary contracts netted me 1 legendary and 9 masterworks, while the following 6 normal contracts gave 0. I cleared out a mini dungeon called The Shrine in Freeplay, on Normal, 4 times and got 3 MW from the outlaws.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Loot was definitely changed.

It needs to be a tiered system of loot. As it stands there is no reason to do GM2 or GM3 because its jsut so much more faster and efficient to do GM1. It should be do GM1 to gear up to GM2 to make that feel like GM1, then farm GM2 to get up to GM3 so then it fees like GM2 did, etc... But then they would have to add more GM tiers in future.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
They also hard-set Escape to Mouse 5 for some reason, that Mouse 5 happens to be my push to talk key.

spronk

FPS noob
if you get a big badass set of gear can you solo the top end stuff or does it not make much of a difference?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if you get a big badass set of gear can you solo the top end stuff or does it not make much of a difference?
Hm, if you get nearly full MW components, with the right perks for your build, you can solo GM1 and could probably solo Gm2 if you're patient.

Ran my 3 daily legendary contracts: 1-3-1 MW's.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loot was definitely changed.

It needs to be a tiered system of loot. As it stands there is no reason to do GM2 or GM3 because its jsut so much more faster and efficient to do GM1. It should be do GM1 to gear up to GM2 to make that feel like GM1, then farm GM2 to get up to GM3 so then it fees like GM2 did, etc... But then they would have to add more GM tiers in future.
As in Diablo Greater Rifts? Higher and higher challenge, but rewarded with more loot?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Since the patch, armour is working correctly, so now my Colossus is a fucking juggernaut in GM1. It would require me to be pretty silly to get downed. With the gear perks I now have that grant 25% armour back when I kill in melee, plus the 35% armour I get for hitting a target (times the number of things I hit) with my mortar round, it just gets crazy. Coupled with a pretty decent weapon, a bunch of combo damage I have no issues in GM1 at all. I think they nerfed GM1 in Freeplay as well, as I was running Freeplay in my +luck gear and having no issues.

I'll try some GM2 tomorrow, but I've already mucked around in GM3 a day or so ago, and that shit looks like it's group only stuff. Mobs just have way to many hps to be worth your time.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hm, if you get nearly full MW components, with the right perks for your build, you can solo GM1 and could probably solo Gm2 if you're patient.
Any build or specific javelin? And do you need to group to get to that point or can you get everything you need through solo progression?

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is sad. No one knows or cares who you are, or who you think you are.

And you're autistic.

My comment was to illustrate that I don't take notice of many posters here unless they're assholes (or consistently post interesting information), despite years spent visiting this site and every iteration before it. It had absolutely nothing to do with me, retard. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else here knows who I am. In fact, I'd prefer it that way.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And you're autistic.

My comment was to illustrate that I don't take notice of many posters here unless they're assholes (or consistently post interesting information), despite years spent visiting this site and every iteration before it. It had absolutely nothing to do with me, retard. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else here knows who I am. In fact, I'd prefer it that way.

Yeah yeah we have all been here since NOOWS and the old IRC channel. Shut the fuck up.

1550772721991.png

• 1Worf

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So is loot progression based solely on levels? I hit level 10 last night. Should I start seeing legendaries or epics or whatever while progressing through story missions or is mostly when I am finished?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The ONLY reason I'm considering buying this for PS4 despite all the bugs and complaints is because it's a looter-shooter with Diablo style loot.

I want to wait 6 months for patches and a sale, but it sucks being late to the game with this type of thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
In the same boat, I can't justify supporting a shitty release of a game but also any friends who are basically tunnel vision on this game are going to be leagues ahead and i'll be stuck playing catch up if I don't. Blah