Bioware's "Anthem"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Disliking Far Cry I can understand---after a few hours of stealth attack to raid camps, I quickly lose interest. But Doom (2016)? What's not to like about it?

I didn't think Doom was anywhere worth 60 bucks. That's really what it amounted too. :)

Loved Far Cry 5 though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I play Colossus and love the lightning coil(Vassa's Arc) You can use it while shielding and with the MW version it creates some nasty combos and is great for eating away enemy shields. Firewall was fun but unless your group is super powered for the tier at GM levels you need to be able to keep a lot of things frozen so a lot of the fire weapons seem less usable than others in the end game right now.
If I'm using fire, it fucks up the ice combos for other players? Whoops.

I don't understand the "explosive combo" stuff, though. Will any of my detonaters work on any of my primers, or does an explosive detonater have to be used on an explosive primer?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can use any detonator once the mobs are primed by anything or anyone, including other javs primers. DMG type dont matter. Some guns can even prime too. So for example someone freezes a whole bunch of mobs, you can go in there and detonate all of them with your hulk smash or lightning coil, or even a blast rocket, it dont matter.

You can even go hog wild and use both primers as your q and e skills then just use hulk smash for your detonate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You can use any detonator once the mobs are primed by anything or anyone, including other javs primers. DMG type dont matter. Some guns can even prime too. So for example someone freezes a whole bunch of mobs, you can go in there and detonate all of them with your hulk smash or lightning coil, or even a blast rocket, it dont matter.

You can even go hog wild and use both primers as your q and e skills then just use hulk smash for your detonate.
A+ post, thanks mko!

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
If I'm using fire, it fucks up the ice combos for other players? Whoops.

I don't understand the "explosive combo" stuff, though. Will any of my detonaters work on any of my primers, or does an explosive detonater have to be used on an explosive primer?

Yeah, when something is primed ice and frozen the fire cancels it (its even in the tips for the long loading screen) I had some newb flame walling a turret that was destroying people trying to kill it and it would have been disabled if they left my ice on it...

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I didn't think Doom was anywhere worth 60 bucks. That's really what it amounted too. :)

Loved Far Cry 5 though.

Understandable. I got a cheap key from G2A but only because I was late to the party.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is the most bi-polar experience for me, I either love it or I hate it.

The mechanics at times are clear and other times require you to tab out to google because they lack any clear explanation in game.. Stronghold bosses have bugged and resulted in preventing me from damaging them with any of my kit, yet guns hit just fine as a storm. I've flow through various walls that are hollow and just by mistakenly flying into you get stuck resulting in you having to wait for your team to get far enough away to port you out of it.

So far my group of friends least favorite bug is getting disconnected once you hit the EXP screen and lose all your loot from the stronghold you just ran.

Beautiful game and some of the skills and combos are super satisfying but holy fuck did Bioware test this game at all? It feels like Fortnite alpha levels of unpolished.

edit: I did the Origin pass so luckily i'm only out $15 if this shit doesn't shape up before that time runs out.

• 1Like

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I crashed at the XP screen after getting my first legendary drop from a mission... However I joined freeplay and then instantly left and it then performed the end of mission loot based on the previous mission that crashed and I ended up getting my legendary after all.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Uhg... so they put out numbers on the luck system and 0-100 luck are the same so unless you have 101+ luck its wasted. After that there are thresholds so 101-109 then 110-119 up to 190+ being the last boost available.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That explains why ive gotten 3 legendaries today, think my luck is around 115 or so atm. Just milking it till my sub expires.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Uhg... so they put out numbers on the luck system and 0-100 luck are the same so unless you have 101+ luck its wasted. After that there are thresholds so 101-109 then 110-119 up to 190+ being the last boost available.
Come again? You implying that's intentional ?

• 1Like

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Come again? You implying that's intentional ?

Yeah, multiple official responses at The other thing that was mentioned was supply % drop only affects ammo and repair drops.

But the official response conflicts with the data gathered so who knows if its working as described.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like one of the responses. Luck should not be a thing in this game. You should be gearing to kill shit faster instead of gearing for luck and hoping the rest of your team can carry you.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I'm about to go have ppl unknowingly carry me through some Gm1 contracts while rocking 192 Luck (461 ilvl). Build isn't that bad though, tbh. Using best weapons, 3rd best launcher/grenade setup and general components that buff all the other stuff (except no buffs to Blst, sadly).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I like one of the responses. Luck should not be a thing in this game. You should be gearing to kill shit faster instead of gearing for luck and hoping the rest of your team can carry you.
Even completely kit in +Luck you can still get through GM3, it's not really a "get carried" situation. And its one of the few games where Luck is a fair stat to consider given your power level is pretty ridiculous even with half-ass decent inscriptions.

I crashed at the XP screen after getting my first legendary drop from a mission... However I joined freeplay and then instantly left and it then performed the end of mission loot based on the previous mission that crashed and I ended up getting my legendary after all.
This is a known workaround for getting your loot after getting kicked from a game. The loot stays in your "pack", but isn't extracted until you manually exit a mission. Buddy got kicked right before the last boss on a GM3, didn't know the loot trick and nearly shat himself. Would be a sure fire reason to give up on the game entirely if you were to lose things you put an hour into obtaining (even if none of those 10 masterwork items were worth shit anyway).

That said, this game is incredibly obnoxious, and egregious to play solo. That is the game's primary downfall for me (besides load times for folks who aren't running a top end NVMe m.2 drive, and the lack of raw content/story). If even one of my buddies hangs up his coat, we all will...

Though I could see myself coming back to this game like I did with D3 when they fix the dumb shit and add in all the other shit - the map is a lot larger than what we see right now, story is blatantly incomplete, and power level scales way too high for the content currently available.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just did an Apex kills Fortnite one that Adebisi Adebisi posted in the Apex thread. That one is short and funny too. And I agree - the Racist Mario is amazing

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are times when you disconnect during Freeplay and when you do the reconnect / exit Freeplay thing you won't see what you had. If this happens, go to your Forge and the items should be in there (epic+).

Ran 6 contracts at 192 Luck; 1 Legendary, 1 MW. One contract dropped a total of FOUR epics only. Killed 2 Luminary and 1 Ursix, each dropped 1 epic 1 blue.

Edit: These were normal contracts. I think they are the lowest tier activity in terms of loot drops, with Strongholds being top and World Events being mid.