Bird Box (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I made it 5 minutes before I shut it off. What kind of stupid shit is this. It’s reaching

Sorta but not really? When he says every possessed cultist is white that's accurate. Every cultist in the film is white. The character of Tom (who I do like) is without flaws and is paired with out basic single mother protagonist and we're shown multiple times how great they are together and how great he is. Almost all of the interpersonal conflict among the characters stems from Malcovich's "Make the Apocalypse Great Again" character and later Gary who is also a white male.

I don't get hung up on it personally because it's the background radiation in so much media these days. It's just the way a lot of stories get arranged now. It would be like complaining about sitcoms where the father is a goober with a much smarter wife that's out of his league and his ignorance or idiocy is commonly played for laughs.

I still like the film overall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The character of Tom (who I do like) is without flaws

Other than being a gullible idiot that almost killed everyone and has a weird fetish for touching pregnant ladies' bellies.

Yeah.. no faults.

He should have open the last door just opening fire first. Instead he went out herpy derp into the hands of the ones who can see better than him.

Also the idea that it would take a world ending event to finally have a black male taking care of their children is hilarious.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Other than being a gullible idiot that almost killed everyone and has a weird fetish for touching pregnant ladies' bellies.

Yeah.. no faults.

He should have open the last door just opening fire first. Instead he went out herpy derp into the hands of the ones who can see better than him.

Also the idea that it would take a world ending event to finally have a black male taking care of their children is hilarious.

Fucking racist

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And of course people are already doing the bird box challenge while driving cars. Because it worked in the movie, right?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
More like TURD BOX lololol

Sorry

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I went and watched A Quiet Place as I was now curious and while it is expertly crafted I didn't like it all that much. Having everyone use sign language combined with a minimalist score made things boring quickly. Loots good, acting is good, film is only like 90 minutes which is good, it's just not all that interesting.

I saw it in the theatre and startled my girlfriend halfway through when I fell asleep and let out a single snore that woke me back up

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw it in the theatre and startled my girlfriend halfway through when I fell asleep and let out a single snore that woke me back up

That period of time from like minute 10 to minute 50 is boring. People just having conversations in sign language and I can't read sign language so I have to sorta guess?

I figured out what I didn't like about it specifically - it put the aliens over too strong. Having the newspaper clippings be all about how invincible and invulnerable they are and the United States military has been defeated etc. ruined my ability to suspend disbelief. I don't care what something is made out of. The laws of physics be a harsh mistress. A glancing blow from a railgun round going 4000+ miles per house would make an impression. They cannot be hurt! Fine, park a tank on one. Lure them into a mine shaft and collapse the mine. Wait, they're vulnerable to some fairly rudimentary audio equipment plus a shotgun?

I wouldn't otherwise care and you can play along at home with these movies to your own detriment but I would have enjoyed it better with more mystery regarding their capabilities and more mystery regarding events around the globe. Aliens showed up, it was really bad, we bailed into the countryside, we don't know what is happening, if you make any noise one of these fucking things chops you in half, we don't make any noise.

The less interested in what the movie is actually doing the more time I'm going to devote to thinking rather than watching. Sometimes that's fine and sometimes my own hamster wheel ruins the experience. I thought it was boring, my hamster wheel started spinning, and I finished it not liking it all that much even though it was beautifully shot and well acted. I really thought the scenery and sets were top notch. Someone put a ton of time into how their lives would look in that world.

I didn't think that one nail made sense either. It would have had to been hammered from underneath that stair upwards and not attached to anything.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Yeah.. no faults.

Maybe I missed something because I was only kinda half watching between siege rounds, but why did he go outside in the first place? I mean he soloed them all pretty easily so why not just hide the kids and wait for the loonies to come in. Probably no casualties on their side that way.

As a whole I kinda enjoyed it. Mostly because Malkovich ended up being pretty badass and likeable despite what they were trying to shoe horn him in to role wise and bitchy sandra Bullock flicks my switch apparently.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I missed something because I was only kinda half watching between siege rounds, but why did he go outside in the first place? I mean he soloed them all pretty easily so why not just hide the kids and wait for the loonies to come in. Probably no casualties on their side that way.

As a whole I kinda enjoyed it. Mostly because Malkovich ended up being pretty badass and likeable despite what they were trying to shoe horn him in to role wise and bitchy sandra Bullock flicks my switch apparently.
Malkovich sure went HAM on that role. He is awesome.

I liked the movie, I'm just fucking with people trying to find an agenda everywhere, like the black pilled garbage video. "OMG did you see the painting she was making? It had people of all colors on it, garbage liberal propaganda"

• 1Salty

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorta but not really? When he says every possessed cultist is white that's accurate. Every cultist in the film is white. The character of Tom (who I do like) is without flaws and is paired with out basic single mother protagonist and we're shown multiple times how great they are together and how great he is. Almost all of the interpersonal conflict among the characters stems from Malcovich's "Make the Apocalypse Great Again" character and later Gary who is also a white male.

I don't get hung up on it personally because it's the background radiation in so much media these days. It's just the way a lot of stories get arranged now. It would be like complaining about sitcoms where the father is a goober with a much smarter wife that's out of his league and his ignorance or idiocy is commonly played for laughs.

I still like the film overall.

Well given the whole story is mostly about one woman overcoming her depression and learning to trust people and connect with the world again Tom being basically "perfect" was necessary. He is an ideal to show her there are people worthy of love and trust and somebody to call her on her BS like naming the kids boy and girl. Given the cultists we are seeing were from the pacific north west and mostly from a few specific asylums from what they said that most/all of them are white is not that surprising given that we saw only a handful of them and if you pick a random handful of people from those areas chances are they will be white.

Needless

Toe Sucker
jesus christ the comments on that black pilled video

i thought bird box was bad, but that was worse lmao

• 1Solidarity

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I liked this movie. Probably Sandra's best work. Should have had her running naked tho. -4 stars for that injustice.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'd like to Demolition Man her with great Speed and Gravity right in the Bird Box if you know what I mean

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users