Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
MATIC took a 13 cent tumble this morning at 7 AM it looks like. Not sure why. Rebounded halfway since then to 1.65.

Sold mine yesterday at 1.71 and was entirely expecting a spike to follow. I'll get back in when it's in the 1.30s area again.

It wasn't just MATIC. There was a pretty much across the board selloff this morning, BTC, MATIC, ADA, ETH all took a kick to the junk....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It wasn't just MATIC. There was a pretty much across the board selloff this morning, BTC, MATIC, ADA, ETH all took a kick to the junk....
yea, if you haven't gotten out yet, it's either get out now or hodl and see

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bought a bit more ETH on the dip. Getting nervous holding USD and Stocks.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
yea, if you haven't gotten out yet, it's either get out now or hodl and see
Yeah... Wicked down to $42.5k... Something is up, because both "Dat Wick".. and "Dat Volume" and the fact that it seems to be almost across the board on most crypto today....
1631029675309.png

Guess I'm back to HODLing for a while. heh

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah... Wicked down to $42.5k... Something is up, because both "Dat Wick".. and "Dat Volume" and the fact that it seems to be almost across the board on most crypto today....
View attachment 371473

Guess I'm back to HODLing for a while. heh
looked like every coin lost 20% of it's value for a minute then spiking up now

Break

These kinds of sharp peaks and valleys used to be very common, what does it say about crypto when they're becoming less so?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
These kinds of sharp peaks and valleys used to be very common, what does it say about crypto when they're becoming less so?
That there's more money involved so it's harder for a few people or a panic move to effect the overall market.

This morning is crazy though, shades of the May crash...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Daaaaamn. MATIC went from 1.65 when I went to sleep to 1.16 a little while ago. Bounced to 1.35 so it's back where it was a month ago. What an epic crash. ETH went from 3.9k to 3.4k which is still way up from a month ago.

My only regret is that I didn't sell VET too. It dropped from 15 cents to 12.1 cents since then.

Probably going to buy MATIC back in today. Basically I took my 1.57 cost basis, sold it at 1.71, now I can get back in at a 1.35 cost basis with 5-6% more or so. That works for me.

Looks like a universal crash followed by a rebound happened around 11:09 AM. People with low buy orders got some DEALS around that time...if their order filled fast enough.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm officially taking my big W on my Greyscale ETHE shares, not holding this shit going into a holiday weekend.

I'll be looking into buying into real ETH on a real exchange.

Yet another 146 IQ investing manuever:

1631030962765.png

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I think we had a bit of a dip, but it was enough to auto-liquidate some longs... which caused a cascading price crash. Sucks, but not catastrophic for me as much as I don't do leveraged trading.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
yup, coinbase is acting the fool now
a441cf9142eb7eec62cb339065b5ea9f.png

One thing I've learned: if you wait until any major "price crash" to try and liquidate, you aren't going to be able to do it. Pretty much all the exchanges lock up at least for short periods during a crash.

It's totally unacceptable, of course, and it's an indicator of how far the crypto market still needs to go as far as having legit trading platforms, but there it is.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's totally unacceptable, of course, and it's an indicator of how far the crypto market still needs to go as far as having legit trading platforms, but there it is.
Last big crash I had a fairly significant amount of $$$ on exchange... somehow had 0 problem logging in while everyone else was saying it was broken for them. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last big crash I had a fairly significant amount of $$$ on exchange... somehow had 0 problem logging in while everyone else was saying it was broken for them. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Yeah it's kind of strange and spotty. I've never had a problem logging into an exchange, but I've had issues making moves during a crash. I got a "cannot complete this transaction at this time." But I've definitely also heard that people couldn't even log in.

Honestly, these exchanges are just held together with string and duct tape in a lot of ways.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
FUD as expected. Bitcoin is playing against the WEF, IMF, and other globalist organizations. Bitcoin game theory is political.

Whether you like what El Salvador is doing or not, their President is calling out the game exactly as I see it. Bitcoin is a tool to resist globalist control of the money supply. Dips will be manufactured to facilitate narratives, but long term number go up cannot be stopped

EDIT: At minimum, Bukele is a Bitcoin maxi shitposter which is lol-worthy if nothing else. I'm in for the LARP

1631038325420.png

Last edited:

Break

I hope their OpSec is good, because they'll have a lot of Russians and Chinese and whoeverelse gunning for their wallets.