Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ethereum is at June levels... It went over $100 & $200 for the first times in May.
Worth keeping an eye on if it keeps diving.

Since last Thursday:

Bitcoin down 24%
Ethereum down 27%
Litecoin down 35%

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I had sold when it hit $3k before it dove to $1,800 and never got back in... wanted to buy in again this month, but now Im in waiting mode. I'm very pessimistic with crypto right now. Too reminiscent of the tech bubble in 2000.

All of my guys at work were giving me shit for not buying in (and I kind of regret not buying at 2k and selling at 4k) but this shit reminds me of pets.com and I didn't want to move around any money for it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I earn about .0015 per block, average about 3 blocks a day found in the pool I mine with, so about $15 a day at prices right now
Thats not shit. Thats 3k a year assuming 200 working days. Thats a few nice dinners.

Siliconemelons

I can have a few desktops laying around my office do mining - whats the simplest way in- and a farm or whatever that wont piss off my security guys.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to mine my way to retirement! c'mon now.

Video cards still the workhorses behind mineing machines?

I dont mine, but to get anything of value you'll need to join a mining pool.

seems pointless to start now though.

wait for a crash then buy some coins (a 25% drop usually, next one could be bigger.... or smaller, seems to be getting more stable)

itll probably be 10K+ in a year. you can buy fractions of a coin, treat it like a retirement account and buy monthly, etc.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And it’s going up and up and up right now.

This thing is going to burst.

The only way you'll see the bubble completely burst is if the tech fails or some new tech eclipses it. The reason it keeps gaining momentum is that blockchain tech is becoming mainstream you can see ripple as an example and bitcoin benefits by being synonymous with it.

Long term it will probably have slower price gains as other better crypto currencies float to the top and eventually eclipse bitcoins total market value. Nothing will destroy it short of some major unrecoverable flaw in the bitcoin protocol.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Obviously for anyone paying attention they have already seen the price of Bitcoin pass $7k. I bought into it a bit when it was around $3500, and got some Litecoin as well around the same time. Unfortunately Litecoin isn't doing nearly as well, but Bitcoin is going through the roof right now.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Too late to get in this? Buddy is thinking about mining with some asic rig. I think the cost is too high and returns too low.

And thinking about buying some coins, but seems like it's due to drop.

Feels like Johnny come lately and I missed the Rush

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i still kick myself for not getting into this early. i spent all my bitcoins on drugs back when prices were single digit. a guy i know online literally became a millionaire because he sold drugs online and had a ton of coins when the price started skyrocketing. he got out of the drug selling business and into the bitcoin flipping business. he's still doing very well for himself.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Too late to get in this? Buddy is thinking about mining with some asic rig. I think the cost is too high and returns too low.

And thinking about buying some coins, but seems like it's due to drop.

Feels like Johnny come lately and I missed the Rush

I would say you're late on mining unless you have free electricity.