Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I should mine bitcoin. I pay for 3 phase electric at my house/property and it has a set minimum. I've never got anywhere near the minimum in actual usage, should use the extra electricity to mine with lol.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I should mine bitcoin. I pay for 3 phase electric at my house/property and it has a set minimum. I've never got anywhere near the minimum in actual usage, should use the extra electricity to mine with lol.

The challenge really becomes competing with all the mining pools and ASIC farms. If you don't exceed the min it wouldn't hurt to try though (or you could join a pool).

Also, Ether was tickling $360 today, up like 20% in the past week or so.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So what ended up happening with the fork? I think it ended up happening, but maybe not? They aren't real clear on what went on.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
So what ended up happening with the fork? I think it ended up happening, but maybe not? They aren't real clear on what went on.

The segwit2x fork was cancelled and is as far as I know dead. The devs for it moved to Bitcoin cash I think.

CME is going to be offering Bitcoin futures on December 10. I've seen a lot of articles say that could push the price over $10k.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The challenge really becomes competing with all the mining pools and ASIC farms. If you don't exceed the min it wouldn't hurt to try though (or you could join a pool).

Also, Ether was tickling $360 today, up like 20% in the past week or so.

I probably am under the minimum by enough to power a few houses easily. Especially now that I'm not living there.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I probably am under the minimum by enough to power a few houses easily. Especially now that I'm not living there.

You'd probably be better off taking the money you would have spent on miners and just buying bitcoin with it. A decent miner is going to be at least $1400 new.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Litecoin is going up quite a bit as well. Is there any chance it ever gets to Bitcoin prices? I'm not entirely sure all the differences in all of these virtual currencies.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sure any of the altcoins would ever reach Bitcoin prices. But I really don't pay attention to them.

Bitcoin is knocking on $10k. $9960 now.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bitcoin is in for a serious crash, and it's because of the technical limitations that the bitcoin developers are placing on the currency. Not expanding the block size or implementing changes to improve the transactions has caused the price to send money skyrocket from pennies to 5-10$ per transaction. They're making it so it's going to near impossible to use it, especially if it's popularity continues to rise like it is now. The bulk of people purchasing it must be doing it to hold it for value, or are holding it in bitcoin banks where buying/selling the coins doesn't require an actual bitcoin transaction. I don't get how anyone could continue to invest in an obvious dead end technology, unless the cost per transaction plummets it's never going to be adopted as a real currency which really limits it's uses.

Bitcoin cash might come out of this unscathed though, it supports 8x as many transactions and the people backing it are willing to make the necessary changes to the technology to keep it viable. The cost per transaction right now is in the penny range for bitcoin cash.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Eth and lite have been increasing daily. Reminds me of bit early days. Got some extra in lite few weeks ago when I saw it move. Both seem to be doing the same slow move. Bit peaked at $9995 earlier today. Will see a drop around 3-6am again but looks like its going to be a rough 10k shelf. Major sell order from what I see.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Broke $10k on coinbase. Sitting at $10069 right now. I'm expecting some pull back soon but $10k was a big psychological barrier to cross. There is still the CME that will begin trading Bitcoin futures December 10th.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Up to 10.8k now as of this post, nearing 11k. Crazy. We might just see Litecoin finally break $100. That would be awesome.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Just watching the daily tracker. Looks like it dipped at 1am est this morning. Seen 9pm and around 3am as peak/drops regularly for some time, not enough consistently but enough thats noticeable, I am by no way any expert in this, just observations from this past year. Watching twitter coin related new to see what might cause some effect either way. Currently only using GDAX tracker for now.
Ya, eth is close to $500 and Lite should $100 very soon.
Looks like for the past 2weeks give/take Lite is growing about $5 day roughly.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
up to $11349 on coinbase. The rise is crazy and I have to think soon at least a 10% correction is coming.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea shits up 14% in the past 24hours, pretty tempted to sell and rebuy on the dip...but doubt I actually do it

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm floored. Bitcoin price is insane. I expected 5k this year and then 10k in another year or 2, but this is crazy.
We could have all been gazillionaires if we knew 5 years ago.
I now wish I never sold everything back in Aug