Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
yea that was a crazy hour, now it's over and time to cruise on the matic train
Fucking lol, 24 hours ago you walk into the thread for the first time asking "who is this Crypto Chan?" Now you're a full blown crypto day trader.

Crypto is totally serious and revolutionary guys! We're getting in on the ground floor!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
That he created? lol
I mean he is either the worst CEO, or a liar and a fraud. or all of them. To buy $1.5b in BTC and then be like oh its bad for the environment - tanking the most profitable piece of your company while you do it. I don't get it.

He didn't sell but he's going to pump it back up some, to then cut his losses and sell there. (if he hasn't sold already in past)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1621437616130.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 354549

Eeep, WTF is this shit?!?

Hmm, so the masses haven't found MATIC yet. Explains a lot.

Well, no one can say I'm bad luck anymore, the one I consolidated all of my crypto into yesterday is the only one that didn't crash. ...much. Do I bow out or stay in? That I don't know.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin just spiked down from 38k-36k in one 5min candle. Its been bought back up for now, but that must have been one hell of a sell order.

All of this feels kind of manipulated. I had a theory that the Dogecoin debacle during SNL was basically a trojan horse orchestrated by the powers that be. Actually a few days before that I was telling people not to buy Doge because "the media likes it too much" and "it's probably a trap"...then I went and did it anyway because, well, Elon. But yeah, media coverage of crypto went from roundly-negative to suddenly weirdly positive in the week before SNL, but only about Doge. It reminded me of how your girlfriend might suddenly get all sweet when she wants something. I think it might have been a trojan horse to lure lots of people in and burn them, with the big players planning a huge crash during SNL. This in turn could possibly start a death spiral for the crypto market as people would lose their faith in all of their other (better) cryptos soon after. I don't know if this was the CAUSE of the current down-wave but I do think it was a contributing factor and an intentional one.

lol good thing I paperhands the fuck out of 90% of my position while I was still barely above water yesterday.

If I were you I'd buy it back today at $2600 or whatever it's at at this hour, if you haven't already

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
All of this feels kind of manipulated. I had a theory that the Dogecoin debacle during SNL was basically a trojan horse orchestrated by the powers that be. Actually a few days before that I was telling people not to buy Doge because "the media likes it too much" and "it's probably a trap"...then I went and did it anyway because, well, Elon. But yeah, media coverage of crypto went from roundly-negative to suddenly weirdly positive in the week before SNL, but only about Doge. It reminded me of how your girlfriend might suddenly get all sweet when she wants something. I think it might have been a trojan horse to lure lots of people in and burn them, with the big players planning a huge crash during SNL. This in turn could possibly start a death spiral for the crypto market as people would lose their faith in all of their other (better) cryptos soon after. I don't know if this was the CAUSE of the current down-wave but I do think it was a contributing factor and an intentional one.

If I were you I'd buy it back today at $2600 or whatever it's at at this hour, if you haven't already
So the prevailing wisdom is to do the opposite of anything you do. But since you are offering advice on what mist should do if you were him, does this same wisdom apply?

• 1Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeeeeep. Welp, I'm just gonna hold. No sense in selling. It'll prop back up eventually.

When I saw that MATIC hit 1.05 this morning before the huge rebound I was like "fuck, I hope Jackie Treehorn didn't sell".

I usually check this stuff at 8 or 9 AM, today I was super busy and tuned in around 11 AM. I'm glad I missed the worst of it because I might have done something dumb.

• 1Worf

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
i tried to market order matic at 1.10 and got it at... 1.37

i had to hit the fucking extra button that was warning me about fucking slippage.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
@James sup man.
and for anyone who may know this.

If I wanted to gamble, $100.00 on this crypto thing, where do I go to get started? what website do I go to. Basically I'm just going to put $100 on it, come back in 3 months and see where its at

Probably Eth, and probably $180

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Only in your first year of crypto.

After a year you realize the crashes are more like a low tide and less like The Great Depression. Low tide is nice since you have more beach to lay on and enjoy. The beach to human ratio also increases exponentially.

Or maybe it's the 4th year of crypto since I'm simply speaking from my own experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users