Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Go buy some land... not the digital kind.

How much land would $1000 buy?

I'm not as confident in owning land as other people here. Within 20 years I expect activist politicians to start re-appropriating property based on race, and within 30 years I expect China to be running the show here.

Also expect some SHTF somewhere, either the great power outage of 2049 or massive corporate-generated unrest over some OD'd felon during a presidential election.

...I'll probably just throw my thousand on Bitcoin, which I've got zero of now. Would like to see it lower first, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Maybe a backup generator would be a better investment if you're in a living situation you see yourself staying in for the foreseeable future? Something that could run on multiple types of fuel to include natural gas would be my recommendation. Though that's probably a better discussion to be had in the prepper thread.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

I'm not as confident in owning land as other people here. Within 20 years I expect activist politicians to start re-appropriating property based on race, and within 30 years I expect China to be running the show here.

Also expect some SHTF somewhere, either the great power outage of 2049 or massive corporate-generated unrest over some OD'd felon during a presidential election.

...I'll probably just throw my thousand on Bitcoin, which I've got zero of now. Would like to see it lower first, though.

Get a couple food buckets, 55 gal drum of water, invertor, etc

elonm00sk

Molten Core Raider

BTC is a boomer coin now, but a pretty safe bet to double in short order. ETH is the blue chip now. Alts if you're feeling frothy.

• 1Diamond Hands

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

If something as legally secure as land goes that way, what makes you think anything else is secure?

Thats the whole problem crypto or whatever the hell new shiny thing you come up with. At the end of the day regardless of how detached your store of wealth is, YOU still exist in the real world where the powers that be can do what they want to you.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
YES! My 9000 dogecoin that I bought for less than a penny will pay off!

Chalupas for weeks!

taco bell lol GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTC is a boomer coin now, but a pretty safe bet to double in short order. ETH is the blue chip now. Alts if you're feeling frothy.

What is frothy?

Blue chip is good. ETH vs BTC seems to be the big debate right now. I still kind of want to get out of my alts, but I'd like to see a significant gain first, especially considering my now extremely-low buy-ins. Made some good plays and cashing them out would be premature. Basically I took the nearly-100% profit I made on BTC going from 33k to 63k, as well as MATIC and VeChain going up, and bought back into the alts (plus TrueBit) at lower levels. It's just driving me nuts that I don't have any BTC or Eth.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If something as legally secure as land goes that way, what makes you think anything else is secure?

Thats the whole problem crypto or whatever the hell new shiny thing you come up with. At the end of the day regardless of how detached your store of wealth is, YOU still exist in the real world where the powers that be can do what they want to you.
Point is taken, however for Bitcoin specifically you're talking about a sovereign asset (physically held by you) protected by encryption that requires anyone who wants to take it to either a) break AES-256-CBC encryption on your wallet or b) physically take it from you and/or take your seed phrase. Doing this on a large scale is basically impossible. People will (and should) resist a 6102 type event for Bitcoin/crypto if it comes to that.

Bitcoin is the most defensive technology for protecting value that has ever existed. It is built to resist exactly this kind of scenario. Land is significantly more vulnerable to seizure than Bitcoin is. Especially if you hold non-KYC Bitcoin as no one will even know you have it. There are methods to obfuscate your UTXO's to mask spending them, but if you bought Bitcoin on a KYC exchange... can't undo that. Boating accident I guess.

This isn't even talking about Bitcoin the network and its ability to allow for P2P transactions (nearly for free) outside of the control of any centralized power... like a government. Bitcoin is EXACTLY the type of asset to hold in a crisis where you don't trust your government. Bitcoin was built by and for folks looking for a way out of exactly the situation we're starting to find ourselves in.

2008 bailouts are in the genesis block... I think the cypherpunks of that time could see the writing on the wall and were making a tool to fight exactly what we're seeing happen today.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was trying to find a good LP tracker but am coming up short.

degen.watch just wouldn't do anything
apy.vision wouldn't do anything without a PRO plan
liquidityfolio.com looks promising but the numbers it is pulling in are way off. It shows my correct amounts of token but the value applied to them is way out of line with current

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was trying to find a good LP tracker but am coming up short.

degen.watch just wouldn't do anything
apy.vision wouldn't do anything without a PRO plan
liquidityfolio.com looks promising but the numbers it is pulling in are way off. It shows my correct amounts of token but the value applied to them is way out of line with current

Coinbase wallet / Uniswap does that for me, it always shows the amount I have as something wildly off. Last time I checked my TrueBit, it looked like the value had doubled, but it was just another error. If it goes up, it WILDLY goes up, and if it goes down, it'll report it as some way too low number. I have to go and attempt to sell/trade to find out what I actually have, since Uniswap will spell it out at that point when telling me what dollar amount I have to work with.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Point is taken, however for Bitcoin specifically you're talking about a sovereign asset (physically held by you) protected by encryption that requires anyone who wants to take it to either a) break AES-256-CBC encryption on your wallet or b) physically take it from you and/or take your seed phrase. Doing this on a large scale is basically impossible. People will (and should) resist a 6102 type event for Bitcoin/crypto if it comes to that.

Bitcoin is the most defensive technology for protecting value that has ever existed. It is built to resist exactly this kind of scenario. Land is significantly more vulnerable to seizure than Bitcoin is. Especially if you hold non-KYC Bitcoin as no one will even know you have it. There are methods to obfuscate your UTXO's to mask spending them, but if you bought Bitcoin on a KYC exchange... can't undo that. Boating accident I guess.

This isn't even talking about Bitcoin the network and its ability to allow for P2P transactions (nearly for free) outside of the control of any centralized power... like a government. Bitcoin is EXACTLY the type of asset to hold in a crisis where you don't trust your government. Bitcoin was built by and for folks looking for a way out of exactly the situation we're starting to find ourselves in.

2008 bailouts are in the genesis block... I think the cypherpunks of that time could see the writing on the wall and were making a tool to fight exactly what we're seeing happen today.
Yes your wealth is secure but my point is whats the point of it being secure if youre still living in a totalitarian hellhole? They wont get your crypto but they will still be able to get your home or other possessions or tax it when you need to convert it from the digital realm into the physical.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yes your wealth is secure but my point is whats the point of it being secure if youre still living in a totalitarian hellhole? They wont get your crypto but they will still be able to get your home or other possessions or tax it when you need to convert it from the digital realm into the physical.
True, its not a cure-all. However, I could theoretically carry my wealth out of the country via memorizing my seed phrase. So it is possible to flee with nothing but the clothes on your back but still maintain your wealth. This has never existed before. Its a tool to hopefully avoid that totalitarian future and shouldn't be disregarded just because it doesn't solve ALL of the problems, it solves a lot.

I would argue that in the relatively near future there may not be be a need to convert out of Bitcoin into fiat to buy things. There will be a separate economy that runs on Bitcoin. Parallel at first, but eventually will replace the fiat currencies. That's the good version of the future at least. Bad version is we end up in a Central Bank Digital Currency panopticon economy where your social credit score determines your bread price. A BTC denominated monetary system also removes the ability from the those that run the economy to print infinite money, it removes one of the most powerful tools they have for control.

I opt to own the asset and network that at least has a chance of allowing me to maintain sovereignty. That's why I call Bitcoin a revolution

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
True, its not a cure-all. However, I could theoretically carry my wealth out of the country via memorizing my seed phrase. So it is possible to flee with nothing but the clothes on your back but still maintain your wealth. This has never existed before. Its a tool to hopefully avoid that totalitarian future and shouldn't be disregarded just because it doesn't solve ALL of the problems, it solves a lot.

I would argue that in the relatively near future there may not be be a need to convert out of Bitcoin into fiat to buy things. There will be a separate economy that runs on Bitcoin. Parallel at first, but eventually will replace the fiat currencies. That's the good version of the future at least. Bad version is we end up in a Central Bank Digital Currency panopticon economy where your social credit score determines your bread price. A BTC denominated monetary system also removes the ability from the those that run the economy to print infinite money, it removes one of the most powerful tools they have for control.

I opt to own the asset and network that at least has a chance of allowing me to maintain sovereignty. That's why I call Bitcoin a revolution

All of this is why banks / media seem to have it out for crypto. They're gonna keep doing everything they can to mess with it until the day when they can control and profit off of it. We'll see how much of an assist they get from the government. I've told people lately that in ten years these things could be worth exponentially more...or could go to zero, depending on how much the government fucks with people.

In this totalitarian nightmare, how are you leaving the country?

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Currencies die, and different currencies are accepted. My theoretical "flee the country" scenario isn't literal, I'm not going anywhere. There are countless historical examples of groups of people being killed and/or forced to flee their homes though, and they were unable to preserve any wealth. Bitcoin allows one to do so, that's my point.

Governments can control fiat on/off ramps its true, that is their best way to choke out competition, and they will do so I'm sure. In that case you earn BTC through peer-to-peer markets which BTC does very well. Its also quite possible that countries are forced to accept it rather than fight it. The panopticon globalist types never will, but they don't -have- to win afterall. BTC is the hardest money that exists, and the hardest money always wins eventually. We've all lived in a fiat bubble (1971-now) and that is historically unusual. Most of history had people using hard money standards, as least ostensibly so.

They control the money, so they control you. Having the ability to own your own money, and spend your own money, without the ability for centralized power to censor you or confiscate that wealth is unique to today, it has never existed before. The best comparison I can think of technologically would be the era just after the fall of Rome in the west. The countries were run by nobles that could afford to buy armor, weapons and eventually castles. They controlled however much land they could defend. It was an era of defensive technology being more powerful that offensive technology and lasted until gunpower hit the scene. We've been in an offensive technology era since then, and Bitcoin is the beginning of a defensive technology era, where the ability to preserve wealth and protect it from confiscation is going to take power away from large centralized structures. Take some time to consider the implications of removing control (ability to print + confiscate via taxes) of money from governments and globalist organizations. Can't print money, can't afford forever wars.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but struggling toward the adoption of freedom money is better than just giving up and living in your pod, eating your bug protein isn't it? Do you see any better alternatives out there?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ETH/ETHE going on a fantastic run today. Yesterday I rebought all my original ETHE at a basis of $26.88 and put all my trading profits into FCOM.