Black Desert

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone explain the PVP to me in open world? Ive been next to people I couldn't attack at pirates but once I pull they somehow are then flagged for PVP?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
it's a first to flag system.

If you flag you can attack them.
If they flag they can attack you.
If no one flags, no one can attack eachother.
If everyone flag everyone becomes a flaggot.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Makes sense, they're basically waiting for me to engage mobs then flagging themselves for that 1 second advantage and then trying to gank me. I need to watch the area around me more at pirates and just make sure they don't get the jump on me.

One warrior throw -> ultimate = GG as a Musa

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How does one start from scratch in this these days? I played the beta a bunch and figured I'd give it a real go now, but the beginning seems insane so far? In like 10 minutes I was level 15 and haven't run in to a mob that lives longer than one hit. Is it just super fast tracked to a certain level or what? Is there anything particular I need to be doing besides just talking to the little spirit thing and murdering shit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How does one start from scratch in this these days? I played the beta a bunch and figured I'd give it a real go now, but the beginning seems insane so far? In like 10 minutes I was level 15 and haven't run in to a mob that lives longer than one hit. Is it just super fast tracked to a certain level or what? Is there anything particular I need to be doing besides just talking to the little spirit thing and murdering shit?

If you want to really want to enjoy the game for more than 2-3 months follow your black spirit quests and explore/grind until you get L56 and your first awakened character. Then start setting up your node/worker empire (you should have reasonable contribution points by this time) and either buy or enhance (buy if you want your sanity) all of your armor / weapons to +15 and buy some pri/duo accessories. If you want to prep for the future make 2-3 wizard/witch and level them to L54-56 with some cheap AP gear to park in boss areas. Once you've got a steady stream of income from workers you can decide if you're more into lifeskilling or grinding. From L56+ each level takes exponentially longer so investing in more than one class takes a shit load of time. I gave up at L59 and had almost every class to L54-56 by the time ye old enhancement got me to quit.

https://i.redd.it/o72783og8y8y.png is an OK guide to follow up for gearing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you want to really want to enjoy the game for more than 2-3 months follow your black spirit quests and explore/grind until you get L56 and your first awakened character. Then start setting up your node/worker empire (you should have reasonable contribution points by this time) and either buy or enhance (buy if you want your sanity) all of your armor / weapons to +15 and buy some pri/duo accessories. If you want to prep for the future make 2-3 wizard/witch and level them to L54-56 with some cheap AP gear to park in boss areas. Once you've got a steady stream of income from workers you can decide if you're more into lifeskilling or grinding. From L56+ each level takes exponentially longer so investing in more than one class takes a shit load of time. I gave up at L59 and had almost every class to L54-56 by the time ye old enhancement got me to quit.

https://i.redd.it/o72783og8y8y.png is an OK guide to follow up for gearing.

Thanks, that explanation helps a ton for someone like me. I just dinged 56 on my 2nd toon and had no idea what to really do other than grind. Another thing I learned is that once youre awakened at 56 your main hand weapons AP and your awakening weapon AP are both factored into your total AP. I had neglected my primary weapon horribly.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Thanks, that explanation helps a ton for someone like me. I just dinged 56 on my 2nd toon and had no idea what to really do other than grind. Another thing I learned is that once youre awakened at 56 your main hand weapons AP and your awakening weapon AP are both factored into your total AP. I had neglected my primary weapon horribly.

Depending on class gear can make a pretty big difference. Farming with 150AP on a witch/wiz is going to be equivalent to farming with like 170-175AP and decent accuracy on something like a musa or ninja etc. The world is huge and it is honestly very beautiful if you've got a good rig so explore as much of it as you can. The details in areas where literally no person goes is a testament to the designers, but also a failing imo since why have all this unused space. Once I was high enough to live in the desert I pretty much stayed there since it was peaceful for grinding and only rarely I had to flag up if people cut into my rotations versus the endless BS at sausons/pirates.

I did also try my hand at horse breeding until I got a couple of T7s and one T8 as well, but that is also a poop system =P

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depending on class gear can make a pretty big difference. Farming with 150AP on a witch/wiz is going to be equivalent to farming with like 170-175AP and decent accuracy on something like a musa or ninja etc. The world is huge and it is honestly very beautiful if you've got a good rig so explore as much of it as you can. The details in areas where literally no person goes is a testament to the designers, but also a failing imo since why have all this unused space. Once I was high enough to live in the desert I pretty much stayed there since it was peaceful for grinding and only rarely I had to flag up if people cut into my rotations versus the endless BS at sausons/pirates.

I did also try my hand at horse breeding until I got a couple of T7s and one T8 as well, but that is also a poop system =P

It's coming together now, the warrior who was killing me was farming Sausans and I went into his rotation.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So the wizard is just the best farming class then?

What are these pets people keep talking about, aren't they just little WoW-style followers?

So basically it's just grind to level 50+, then figure out how to play the rest of the game?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

What are these pets people keep talking about, aren't they just little WoW-style followers?

So basically it's just grind to level 50+, then figure out how to play the rest of the game?

Wizard is really strong for PVP and PVE both from what I've seen in my little experience. I see Wizards drop AOEs and move to another pack before the first one even hits the floor which is really OP. The pets are like followers which I turn off, they still function I just don't see them on my screen. Pets have special abilities and pick up loot and as they level pick up loot more often.

I would say the grind to 56 is more about learning the games mechanics and the world overall. My second character took hours only to level to 53 because of the knowledge and gear I had from my main. I feel like I know maybe 10% of the game's information. I am just starting to grasp the PVE and PVP combos which swap weapons mid combo and it seems to be super important, more so in PVP.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Wizard/Witch are imo the best grinding classes since they require lowest AP, have zero downtime due to mana/health regen skills and almost everything they do is a giant circle of AoE doooooooom.

Pets loot for you and are pretty much mandatory if you're going to grind. Getting them higher rank is expensive. I think I dropped around $180 to end up with 2, T4 and 2, T3 pets.

The rest of the game is literally grinding in some form until you are high enough to be competitive in PVP which will be L59+ depending on class/gear.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm, pets are 100% cash store only? That's not exactly very appealing.

Up to 25 now and I still don't even really know what I'm doing; skills seem to just oneshot everything instantly so I'm not even sure if I'm chaining them right?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hrm, pets are 100% cash store only? That's not exactly very appealing.

Up to 25 now and I still don't even really know what I'm doing; skills seem to just oneshot everything instantly so I'm not even sure if I'm chaining them right?

You can buy them with silver as well. You wont need to start chaining until like 50, I just fumbled through PVE grinding doing all quests and im still kind of confused overall.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can get a free pet every 180 days or something crazy? But for the most part, they are Cash shop only - yes. I just rolled with three birds and settled at that. The pets get even worse when you're trying to level up their tier. You have to basically play russian roulette with pets and its RNG so you could really be in for ass rape if thats the case. I cant recall the specific numbers, but something like one tier 5 pet averages out to around $200 bucks. Have fun with that.

If you've bought the game recently, your investment in the game "should" be relatively low. Devote about $60 bucks to the game and you'll enjoy yourself far more. Pay yourself a monthly subscription and buy the mid level pearl pack and you'll enjoy just about everything the game has to offer.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any downside to grouping for XP in the game? My RL buddies all got up to 55 last night so there is 4 of us total that were going to group.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So made it to 35 now, just kind of slogging away at mobs and quests. I noticed some quests give you really important shit like extra inventory space, is there a list of all that shit somewhere? I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of it.

So it looks like I can buy pets for in-game silver on the market for like ~9 million silver? How reasonable is it to farm that kind of cash, or do I have to just pearl store my pets and be done with it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Chances of you getting a pet on the market are probably worse than the odds of winning powerball when it's at $1.5 billion. There used to be lists you could find of all the quests that gave inventory space, i'm sure it's probably still floating around out there somewhere.

Only downsides to grouping come in the forms of undergeared people slowing down your farm rate or having to split rare drops/having rare drops go to special deals. Neither of those should probably be an issue if you're all buddies.

T3 pets aren't too bad in the rng department, I only had one who gave me issues getting to t3 and it took 4 combines to get (so 5 pets). 2 of my t3 were 1 combine, 1 was 2 combines and the 4 combine. T4 is when it gets crappy and is why I never went for t4 pets but t3 kept up with my looting needs just fine.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So made it to 35 now, just kind of slogging away at mobs and quests. I noticed some quests give you really important shit like extra inventory space, is there a list of all that shit somewhere? I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of it.

So it looks like I can buy pets for in-game silver on the market for like ~9 million silver? How reasonable is it to farm that kind of cash, or do I have to just pearl store my pets and be done with it?
Quests are really only good for CP. The exception is the black spirit quests (not sure if this includes story or not, but similar), which are the ones you're getting inventory space from.

And yeah, good luck getting anything from the marketplace that is Pearl items. I've got a few cosmetic pieces, but that's about it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn I guess I got super lucky with mine from AH. Although I cant win a damn bid for a preorder on a Tri Dandelion weapon which I have plenty of silver for even bidding 100m over the going rate. Same thing trying for blue whale meat for a quest, I doubled the selling price in a preorder and keep seeing them being sold instantly on my reminder window for way cheaper than im offering.

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
Preorders on dandes generally run at least double the cost of the max price if not 3-4x. My tri preorder for a witch dande was at 950mil and it never went through over 4 months till i just got one and made it on my own