Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn I guess I got super lucky with mine from AH. Although I cant win a damn bid for a preorder on a Tri Dandelion weapon which I have plenty of silver for even bidding 100m over the going rate. Same thing trying for blue whale meat for a quest, I doubled the selling price in a preorder and keep seeing them being sold instantly on my reminder window for way cheaper than im offering.
I've had the most luck of just setting aside some time to actively watch what is being posted on the MP, eventually what I want shows up, so I take note of the time then get ready for the bidding game.

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
The timer on pearl items is roughly 2-5 minutes from the instant you see the order placed popup. The timer on regular items like boss gear is 9 -20 minutes window and whoever clicks on "Bid" gets thrown into a RNG pool of all the people that clicked it. As far as pre-orders go, every single item that gets put up has a chance of going straight to bid rather than pre-order. So even if you pre-order something for like 234234234 billion it can still get tossed to bid. Boss armor/weapons are notorious for going straight to bid on the base items +0 rather than pre-orders. If you want to really try to pre-order armor/weapons just toss a 2-3x bid on a +2-11 boss piece and sit around for a month or 2 and it will eventually go through. You guys gotta remember that boss armor is max price on the market at the MINIMUM black stones it would take to rank it up to that enchant level. A tri bheg's gloves only got for 424 mil and unless you are the luckiest cock-face in the world you aren't gonna make it on your own for less than 600m. Personally i spent on average 600-700mil per peice of boss gear enchanting it up to tri. Jewelry can be even worse and is terribly under priced on the market.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The timer on pearl items is roughly 2-5 minutes from the instant you see the order placed popup. The timer on regular items like boss gear is 9 -20 minutes window and whoever clicks on "Bid" gets thrown into a RNG pool of all the people that clicked it. As far as pre-orders go, every single item that gets put up has a chance of going straight to bid rather than pre-order. So even if you pre-order something for like 234234234 billion it can still get tossed to bid. Boss armor/weapons are notorious for going straight to bid on the base items +0 rather than pre-orders. If you want to really try to pre-order armor/weapons just toss a 2-3x bid on a +2-11 boss piece and sit around for a month or 2 and it will eventually go through. You guys gotta remember that boss armor is max price on the market at the MINIMUM black stones it would take to rank it up to that enchant level. A tri bheg's gloves only got for 424 mil and unless you are the luckiest cock-face in the world you aren't gonna make it on your own for less than 600m. Personally i spent on average 600-700mil per peice of boss gear enchanting it up to tri. Jewelry can be even worse and is terribly under priced on the market.

Oh yeah bro I got a taste of enchanting my liverto at first and quickly just saved to buy it after trying.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You guys said I'd see a set of armor/weapon around 20 I'd use forever, it have a specific name? Will I know it all when I see it?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your choice is Heve or Grunil.

Lots of people like Heve because you can break up the set. Grunil has set AP though. Pick one and run with it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You wouldn't see Heve or Grunil by 20. At level 20 your gear doesn't matter. Just have fun and enjoy the ride. by the time you've got to 50 you should research what kind of gear you want to focus on in the meantime. I went with grunil and are in fact still using it because boss armour doesn't exist. Did just pull a Kzarka Amulet from the night vendor though, wheee!

Someone asked if 9mil is farmable.. very much so.. that's 3 nights AFK fishing at the velia hotspot. Or a few hours of good grind at sausans or whatever (much less if you're high level / geared).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only went with Heve because of the free Roaring Magical Chestplate or whatever. Just one less piece I need to worry about enchanting.

I actually started with Grunil I think, and I kind of wish I'd stuck with it. Because sakkath is right, boss armor is fucking retarded. By the time I get Bheg's gloves, the fact that Grunil was incomplete will make no difference.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm just using whatever random shit I seem to find. I blew some of these black crystals enchanting the best sword I had to +7 and so far nothing has really been a challenge up to level 35.

I've got just over 10m silver now from throwing random garbage on to the marketplace, there anything specific I should try and buy once I get to 50?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Depends on your class really but your mainhand weapon should be your main focus. You should probably try to get a Liverto which are pretty cheap these days, although for some classes Liverto is considered worse than green weapons I think. I'm 56 and have been for a very long time (because I die a *lot*) and I'm still using a Liverto. For offhand and armour do some research about what your mid game equipment is. Good chance the armour is Grunil, or maybe Heve. Then you can either start enchanting some up or just save and buy at high enchantment level. For accessories, don't bother spending anything on them until much much later. You can get some decent filler accessories from quests by 50 and theres a good chance you'll pull decent ones from event boxes or something too. There are quests in valencia for quite decent rings.

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
Money becomes easy to farm as you get more gear and better cash shop things. Stuff like weight increases and t4 pets and maids make farming easier @ sausans/pirates which are the best farm spots in the game. Having a crafting/worker empire is something you want to get up and running asap as you can literally make 200-300 mil a week semi afk processing/making crates. 200 ap is the magic number which usually means you are sitting at at least tri awakening/main/offhand and duo jewelry. Early on fishing is nice as you can leave your pc on at night with an epheria rod +6-7 and it will net you 10 mil a night just selling the fish to the trader and selling the mem frag things to the market for 700k per.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Money becomes easy to farm as you get more gear and better cash shop things. Stuff like weight increases and t4 pets and maids make farming easier @ sausans/pirates which are the best farm spots in the game. Having a crafting/worker empire is something you want to get up and running asap as you can literally make 200-300 mil a week semi afk processing/making crates. 200 ap is the magic number which usually means you are sitting at at least tri awakening/main/offhand and duo jewelry. Early on fishing is nice as you can leave your pc on at night with an epheria rod +6-7 and it will net you 10 mil a night just selling the fish to the trader and selling the mem frag things to the market for 700k per.

You have any decent guide links for worker empires?

I met a dude with AFK bodyguards last night from his guild, as soon as I went into Sausans he got them to PVP me and I couldn't even dent their HP's. Luckily I just swapped shards but its hilarious how seriously people take these camps spots, cant wait to level up and be able to fend for myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the worker empires I'm totally clueless on. I read some basic overviews and everything said just get to like 56 or whatever first, as prior to that you won't have enough contribution points to really do much with it. Once I start though uhhh, I'ma need to find some kind of step by step guide cause this shit looks dense.

What do I do with all these like, ancient coins and shit I find? I can't vedor them or sell them on the marketplace? Whatever these trade merchants are will buy them, but they say they will only give me 30% value because I don't have some kind of node linked?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea the worker empires I'm totally clueless on. I read some basic overviews and everything said just get to like 56 or whatever first, as prior to that you won't have enough contribution points to really do much with it. Once I start though uhhh, I'ma need to find some kind of step by step guide cause this shit looks dense.

What do I do with all these like, ancient coins and shit I find? I can't vedor them or sell them on the marketplace? Whatever these trade merchants are will buy them, but they say they will only give me 30% value because I don't have some kind of node linked?

Just found this treasure trove, might have to pull up on the ipad and read this on the throne with a coffee.

Hey everyone, first of all check out the new website, Black Desert Nexus if you're interested in reading good guides about the game, you can check this one there by going to this link.

So after 24h of game played on this beta, I'm loving it and decided to create this guide to help others about the node's connection and how to get knowledge (and unlock MOAR QUESTZZZZ) from NPCS. After today's maintenance I'll edit this and add a new guide about how to trade with NPCS (Yes you can be your own merchant, buying things from one town and sell it for profit on another town).

1) How to Connect Nodes.

First of all, Nodes are all the big Icons you see on your map; they are towns, settlements, simple connection points like bridges, or just 1 NPC.

So this is my world map so far:

http://imgur.com/SvNwHHr

as you can see, I have a golden link from Heidel in the south, all the way up north to Velia, and a bit to west aswell.

Here's a close up of Velia:

http://imgur.com/5tXSyWv

But how do we connect Nodes?

So, imagine you are like me, and want to use the farms on Bartalia Farm (the node exactly south of Velia). You first need to go there and locate the Node Manager npc

http://imgur.com/u1WT2N8

Talk to the NPC and select the Node Management option, it will open a new world map window

http://imgur.com/U767O3s

To connect 2 or more nodes you need to Invest your "hard earned" Contribution Points (If you don't know yet, through questing you don't get the usual XP, but only Contribution XP, that's the third bar on the left side of your screen, when you have a full bar you'll earn 1 contribuition point, this can be spent to connect nodes, rent items from NPCS, buy houses/workshops etc.

http://imgur.com/6ZLxixw

on my case, I've already spent my CP investing on this node so it doesn't show, but if you don't have this connected it will show on the left side a button to invest your CPs. This can range from 1 to 3 CPs, depending on how big a node is (for some reason, a node bridge costs 3 CP whereas this farm costs 2). So since this node is close to Velia, it will show a golden link between those AND also shows a white link to other nodes nearby indicating what nodes it can link to.

So now that we have this node connected, we want to use the farms so we can send our workers here. In this case, Bartali has 2 farms (some nodes can have a forest for lumber, or a mine to.. well. mine :p). We choose one of the two farms (or both, if you have plenty of CP to spent, in this guide I chose the second farm since I've already invested on the left farm (shown here by a golden symbol).

When you click on a particular farm it shows another button to invest CP in there

http://imgur.com/ifzLg22

Voila! You click Contribution invest and if you have a idle worker it will appear a new window asking if you want to send your worker there, you click "yes"!

(here's something interesting that I realy find it cool about this game. You can see on the map the icon for your worker coming from the town to your farm, but you can also see it IN THE GAME WORLD!! Farming or Mining, watever you sent him to, that is realy cool)

Here's another example:

http://imgur.com/QwPW5jz

I have a refinery in Heidel where my worker uses Rough Stone to make items. So I required stone for that and since I don't want to mine all day, I've looked on my map to see where could I find a mining node. It turns out the closest one is west of Velia (here shown by the #6) and as you can see I had to go around the map to reach it because the node to the left of Velia that I haven't invested didn't had a white link to #6 so no point in investing my CPs there; instead I had to connect 5 nodes before reaching the #6 node. This way I have a worker from Velia mining in #6; he then sends the items to the warehouse in Velia and I just go to the Storage Manager in Velia and transport my items through a carriage all the way south to Heidel where my refinery is :) pretty simple.

2) How to unlock Quests through Knowledge

Let's say you're in Heidel and you already traded your Beginner Potions for Small Potions through this cute Shai here

http://imgur.com/VdPPtsY

when you talk to her, check out the left side. It shows your Amity towards the NPC. Amity is the amount of.. uhm.. "friendliness" I guess you could call it that. Some NPCS like this one give you something when you achieve a certain amity with them. This case it's a quest, shown here by a golden square with a ? in it. If you mouseover that icon, it says you require an amity of 30 (red triangle and a number 30 after that) so what do you do to increase your amity with her? You click on Conversation (Note: Some NPCS don't have the Conversation unlocked until you talk to a particular NPC that they mention, pay close atention to what they say to understand where to find that NPC).

http://imgur.com/2XkjCEi

When you talk to her this new window appears:

http://imgur.com/QhyVKpw

this is where a fun and unique mini game begins. You increase your amity by talking to the NPC about other NPCs that you've encountered; those are the icons below the screen, the NPCS that you know that Lara has interests with (so if you have few NPCs, try to explore the zone to uncover more of them). You also want to have NPCs that have 100% or close of Sparking Interest. Just right click them and they'll be sent to the circles above:

http://imgur.com/j6BxGCi

after that click Conversation:

when its done it shows how much amity you've earned:

http://imgur.com/bAICliP

in this case I've only earned 17; since I require 30, I need to quit this window and redo all the steps, this time with a new combination of NPCs until I have the 30 amity to unlock the quest.

(Note: Not sure if it's a bug due to this game being in beta right now but when you unlock a quest, it won't immediately show on your screen, you have to exit the conversation with the NPC, walk around her or just take a couple steps back until you see the NPC icon above her head and it will show that she has a quest, just go talk to her and this time it shows a quest).

Not all NPCs give quests though, some of them like the Furniture salesman in southern Heidel, give you more furniture if you have a higher amity with him; others give you knowledge about mobs, nodes or other NPCs :)

Hope you guys understand my little guide, ask anything you want and if you want a particular guide I can edit this and add the new part :)

EDIT: Here's my other guide about how to be a merchant https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46q8tz/how_to_be_a_merchant_guide/, how to get workers https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46qoxe/how_to_get_workers_guide , and how to Cook https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46rq6g/how_to_cook_guide/

EDIT 2: Tip by Echowing442:

One trick when talking to NPCs: There will be a "Requirement" at the top. This can be anything from "earn a favor level of 28" or "Fail to spark the interest of X 4 consecutive times." If you successfully complete this challenge, you can select to do "Continuous Interaction," which lets you have another conversation without spending energy.

EDIT 3: Tip by xLenan:

You're missing something important in the conversation minigame. Hover over the npc symbols to see their spark interest chance and how much favor they give IF it sparks. Hope this helps someone :)

EDIT 4: Tip by nastybadger

Top guide. Don't forget amin it is account wide so you can keep building it up with other characters and that when you purchase something say that took 100 it knocks it off and you have to build up again for a second item.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
got my witch to 56 and 3x duo weps, should i focus on duoing my grunil armor or save for better stuff? also best spot to solo farm gold at 56? Awaken AP is 150 DP is somewhere around 90 (lol)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
@ all the newbies.

Unless you're playing 50+ hour weeks and have lots of RNG luck you're not going to be PVP competitive for 5-6 months.

So basically just get at least a +15-duo main hand, pri-duo awakening, +15-duo offhand, pri/duo cheap accessories and +15-duo armor of whatever flavor you want as it doesn't make a difference while grinding mobs. That will set you up with enough AP and DP to grind solo in a lot of spots or grouped in contested spots.

Make all the alts you can for extra energy as it's not shared between characters and use those alts to buy workers. I recommend at minimum blue humans, but you should try for professional as quick as possible. If you are able to log in a lot then goblins are quicker, but require you to be around every 4-6 hours to feed. You must leave yourself logged in to use your workers so fish overnight to double up on income. Node investment should first go to farms for potato, wheat, barley and then use those mats to make beer. Beer crafting will net you by products that you can turn in for more CP experience and you can then extend out to more nodes for other raw materials. If you feel like getting hardcore you'll eventually turn to crates, but that is going to be beyond most of you for now. Map — Famme's BDO Tools is good way to check out investment routes to nodes you wish to collect. Once you discover them if you have a value pack you can invest in nodes at the cost of 10 energy rather than running to them.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Does this game still have those weird like, pictures of Kim Jong Un all over the place in towns? (I know it wasn't really him but that's the vibe I got).

That shit was off-putting as hell.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Does this game still have those weird like, pictures of Kim Jong Un all over the place in towns? (I know it wasn't really him but that's the vibe I got).

That shit was off-putting as hell.

Lol that was a guild icon for ChoNation. I'm not sure what they use now since they are meme lords and rotate.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh god that makes me feel 100% better, I thought it was something in place from the game devs, and since it's a Korean MMO I immediately thought "well maybe they do this kind of shit in South Korea too who the fuck knows".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm semi-new still, so take my advice with a grain of salt. For workers, I recommend going with a Heidel/Velia network to start. Connect the two cities, and connect nodes from them. Maple is really good, and there are quite a few nodes near Heidel. Can make plywood which sells really well to people making crates. Iron is also decent, and you can get Keplan as its own node with the quarry for coal, and make steel to sell (or save for your own ship). The higher your processing the better (up to Artisan 2 myself).

I make a few million a day between those two. I've got a bunch of other nodes near (wheat, other logs, etc), but those ones are my money makers.

The bonus with doing Heidel/Velia is you can overnight fish the Velia hotspot and sell it all at Heidel for a decent bonus.

I'd say the goal would be to have a good network around Altinova and pump out life skill outfits and Grunil.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
@ all the newbies.

Unless you're playing 50+ hour weeks and have lots of RNG luck you're not going to be PVP competitive for 5-6 months.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I couldn't give less of a shit about PVP in this game.

Also, regarding your investing in nodes, I swear I've read that investing for worker gathering doesn't do anything. Anyone confirm one way or the other?

Energy investment for worker nodes • r/blackdesertonline