Black Desert

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is available on Xbox Game Pass with Gold. It's actually more fun than Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV. Bit grindy, but hey.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Isn't it free to play..? that or like 9 dollars?
It is like 10bucks normally yeah. They give the game away every now and then too, I got mine for free from Twitch prime or some shit like that. Since there's no sub or anything, there's really no point to the gamepass stuff unless you're using gamepass already.

• 1Like

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't paid any money for it (except gold and gamepass). But if you lose that one single quest you're on, the game turns into molasses.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Go claim your J hammer and other free stuff -

HOPE-TOSE-EYOU-SOON
GRAB-YOUR-JSHA-MMER
QUIZ-SHOW-GIFT-HERE
THX4-WATC-HING-EPI2
MERC-IAVE-NTUR-IERS

New class and season coming April 6, looks pretty badass. Lightning/fire greatsword girl. Winter continent. They're adding an hour a day you can grind on a private server without having to worry about pvp at the contested spots, and Elvia coming to all servers with Calpheon added.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only one hour eh? I guess if I wait a bit more it'll be extended to ~4hours then I might come back and fuck around in this game a bit more. Hell maybe 2hours would do it, 1 is a bit short.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go claim your J hammer and other free stuff -

HOPE-TOSE-EYOU-SOON
GRAB-YOUR-JSHA-MMER
QUIZ-SHOW-GIFT-HERE
THX4-WATC-HING-EPI2
MERC-IAVE-NTUR-IERS

New class and season coming April 6, looks pretty badass. Lightning/fire greatsword girl. Winter continent. They're adding an hour a day you can grind on a private server without having to worry about pvp at the contested spots, and Elvia coming to all servers with Calpheon added.

Classes were always fun to play(their class design is pretty top notch imo). But then I remember trying to upgrade and watching stuff downgrade and/or break. Otherwise you played for purely currency and prayed you won the pre-order battle/buy battle if your item did eventually go up(instead of upgrading yourself).

Is the new class just a female warrior then? iirc they had the 2h greatsword awakening already.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Classes were always fun to play(their class design is pretty top notch imo). But then I remember trying to upgrade and watching stuff downgrade and/or break. Otherwise you played for purely currency and prayed you won the pre-order battle/buy battle if your item did eventually go up(instead of upgrading yourself).

Is the new class just a female warrior then? iirc they had the 2h greatsword awakening already.
Well they also had a 2H female too, Dark Knight. This one's just dragon inspired, so awakening will probably lean into that(dragon transformations and what not).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I felt the same with enhancement always being why I stopped playing the game.

Now as a casual that is not necessarily interested in having the best in slot, but good enough gear to do the vast majority of the content, seasons have been amazing for me, you get a decent enough set of gear through the season that is fairly easy to enhance and then you can turn this into regular gear that is TET just 1 level behind the best being PEN. You also get a few accessories that are PEN, not the best items though but good enough for the majority of the content. This has allowed me to enjoy the game far past what was possible before for me.

It's still a shitty system to be sure, but at least now you can reach a level where you can enjoy the majority of the content...also the season server being PVE only helps a lot too. On regular server I stay out of the contested area, and never have to deal with PVP.

I don't play all the time, but every now and again I end up playing a new season and level a new character(well 2 really with the Timepiece).

New class seems cool as usual, I have a lots of game to play right now so might skip this season, although a new expansion and class sounds cool.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Lore intro vid for Drakania:

Combat intro:

Pre creation starts tomorrow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So expansion, new class and new season started yesterday. I made a Drakania like millions of others.

The interesting part was that you get to choose if you want to start in the new expansion or do the regular story which I thought was neat. I chose the new expansion so I could experience the new story. It’s pretty good, I enjoyed it..finished it and I was 51.

The part I didn’t enjoy though, is that to level from 1 to 51, I killed less than 20 mobs total. The xp comes from quests, I have no clue how to play the class which I don’t think is good design, the part I enjoy from the leveling process has always been learning the class, getting new abilities 1 at a time learning what they do, how they interact with each other etc….because there is so little fighting you don’t get to learn that, you don’t even have that, you don’t even really experience the satisfaction of the power increase.

That said, lots will enjoy that as they use the season fast leveling anyways that get you to 50 instantly if you played through the story at least once before so they end up the same place I did. Level 50 with no idea how to play the class.

Now to do the 51 to 61 grind and timepiece another class to 61 So I have another class at 61 I have no clue how to play. :)

That‘s in between gathering pine logs and logs to build a ship. Need about 20,000 still I think.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So i guess when Kakao lost the contract to publish this or whatever, we were supposed to do something so you didn't lose your account? I vaguely remember emails about it but didn't care at the time, whoops May of last year was the deadline. Needed a palate cleanser to get rid of the stink of FF14 so picked this back up again for 10bux, guess i'm starting over from scratch.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So i guess when Kakao lost the contract to publish this or whatever, we were supposed to do something so you didn't lose your account? I vaguely remember emails about it but didn't care at the time, whoops May of last year was the deadline. Needed a palate cleanser to get rid of the stink of FF14 so picked this back up again for 10bux, guess i'm starting over from scratch.
I swear I just read that this is going F2P (again). Also, ya, it was a pain in the ass to transfer accounts after not playing for so long. They did have a pretty fat warning that the account would go poof otherwise.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I swear I just read that this is going F2P (again). Also, ya, it was a pain in the ass to transfer accounts after not playing for so long. They did have a pretty fat warning that the account would go poof otherwise.

The base version is free until the 14th, for the launch of the Eternal Winter expansion/new season.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’m now 59, and heading into Valencia.

Got my purified water and Star Anise Tea to combat the desert sickness, got a compass to get around. Fun times ahead, I like the desert mechanics.

I‘ve been too busy though to do my gathering, so still months from getting a ship.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The leveling part is actually the best part of the game since end game consists of basically farming for silver to buy gear, world bosses or stand in town pulling the one arm bandit to hope to score and upgrade yourself. I guess there is the worker/management/crafting shit too but I never got into any of it.

From what I saw end game for most consisted of farming a specific area meant for your gear score, upgrade very slowly (upgraded gear costs billions of sliver) to the next tier of gear score farm spots, and on and on....

Last edited:

Cybsled

The part I didn’t enjoy though, is that to level from 1 to 51, I killed less than 20 mobs total. The xp comes from quests,

Sounds better than when I played it - quests had like no XP and you were forced to just grind mobs. I noped the fuck out because I started to get EQ1 PTSD

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds better than when I played it - quests had like no XP and you were forced to just grind mobs. I noped the fuck out because I started to get EQ1 PTSD

Yeah, it’s much better now. You can get to 61 pretty quickly now with mostly just questing on a seasonal server, and get TET boss gear when you graduate from seasonal to regular server. There’s also a feature called Timepiece on seasonal where you can turn your seasonal character into a regular one and transfer all xp to a different character. You basically get 2 level 61 during a season very easily.

Don’t get me wrong though, still plenty of grinding and rng in the game, but can mitigate a lot of it compared to when it released.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This company was working on a western type rpg/shooter? Anyone heard anything about it yet?
I think only other game PA is going to 100% release will be the Do-kev-whatever pokemon type game, everything else (the shooter and crimson desert are probably in dev hell).