Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds better than when I played it - quests had like no XP and you were forced to just grind mobs. I noped the fuck out because I started to get EQ1 PTSD
Its way way different now. The new starter experience they released with the Winter region is pure questing with only a few instances of combat. It will take you from lvl1 up to lvl56. It is their attempt to please the people who desire a FF14 style questing experience (story driven / voice acted / cutscenes). After that, you can continue to simply quest from 56 to 61, will require following a guide, but its easy.

At 61 you'll start the grind for money / treasure items (if you want), or you can dive into lifeskilling as your main source of money or extra money when the grind isn't fun. The Season system makes gearing up much easier as well, it will allow you get geared enough to grind almost anywhere and make good money. No reason to not try the game out now, my only advice would be to spend time trying out each class that sounds interesting.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I'm almost thinking they have made the game too easy to level 61. I remember being killed by "Tiny Bee" at Finto Farms repeatedly if I didn't pay attention. You always had to make sure where the <violent> monsters were because they could, and would kill you at lower levels. The game was a grind for sure, but a lot of the lower grind areas were really nice and well done. You had to get armor and low grade weapons and use them for grinding while saving up for your "zarka and boss gear
Now you can run naked with a stick up to level 56 and there is no consequences. There isn't a need for any of the low grade stuff anymore. I still love the game, but they have ruined it up to level 55.
The best part of seasons is it takes the real pain out of enchanting. I still hate to enchant accessories. The failure rate and the level drop even with cron stones is just too much of a risk if you are a casual player.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Newest class, Drakania, finally has its Awakening trailer. This Awakening seems to have taken PA longer than normal to make, and its kinda crazy looking. Uses dual javelins for some attacks, then 1 javelin + Dragon gauntlet type thing:

Oh, and they gave her wings. Weebs gonna orgasm.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So do I want to play this on xbx? I don't know what it is, just that it's an mmo.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Series X? If not, then no, performance is bad. The Series X should run it just fine though. PC would be the best option.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best class for a shitter like me aka easiest? Is it best to wait for new seasonal servers as a noob?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best class for a shitter like me aka easiest? Is it best to wait for new seasonal servers as a noob?
You'll get a handful of different answers about which class is easiest / strongest. Best to just google it and see what fits with your personality. I personally would say its best to wait for seasonal servers. But the MMO field is dry as fuck right now, so you do you.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Seasonal server are really good for someone new to the game, the leveling is fast, and you get seasonal gear which is pretty decent, you can enhance that gear pretty easily to PEN. At the end of the season you can transfer that gear to regular gear that TET, 1 rank below PEN which is the max. It's far easier to get a set of gear to TET that way than through regular server.

That said nothing stops you from playing regular server now until a new season starts and create a new character.

As for easiest class, I agree with the above post, you'll get different answers, the best is really to find a class that you will enjoy the gameplay and how much complexity you like to get the most out of the class. Some class perform well with very few combos, others are quite hard to get the most out of. Watch videos and choose what feels right. It's pretty easy in BDO to level, you can easily level classes until you find one that's right for you.

Xbox Series X runs great, but there is a lot of content missing on consoles. They are behind on content release, but also some stuff is just not there. There's tons of content on consoles but if you want access to everything PC is better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the better question is to ask about classes which are High or Low APM. The standard High APM class is the Ninja, it can literally give you carpel tunnel syndrome, while a class like Guardian (Awakened) is very low APM. Personally, I like the Witch (Awakened) it is a low APM class that performs well.

The key to enjoying BDO is finding that one class which hits all the appeals to you in everyway. That will take actually playing each class to at least lvl58. Doing so will let you learn both versions of that class (Succession / Awakened).

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Choosing your class is all about the playstyle (aka combat rotation) you enjoy most. You will spend a lot of time grinding if you are not focusing on life skills.
It really needs to fit or you get annoyed by your class quickly. I started as a Knight I think and eventually I rerolled, because combat and especially the art style was off putting dor me. Changed to Musa and enjoyed it way more.
It is easy to reroll so just check a few classes out.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's no need to level a bunch of different classes to try them out. You can make trial characters that start at level 60. They don't have access to much, just arenas and shit, but you can try out their movesets at least.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just pick one that sounds fun and realize that you will probably switch mains as soon as you start to figure the game out. With that in mind don't spend too much (money, in game stuff, etc.) on your first toon. Some things, like outfits, are character bound.

And like Raes said you can do trial characters to help you get the feel of the combat for that class. Most of the classes are fun, but they have a different feel to them. And some take more micromanagement then others.

Leveling up to 58 / 60 is extremely fast, and they throw gear, etc. at new players to help them catch up.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played a bunch yesterday in trials, playing different classes etc. Really liked Lahn, Striker, Dark Knight, Shai & Guardian. Need to mess about with the caster classes today to get a feel for them. Hope a new season starts soon. Will probably level my "main" through season, graduate then boost Shai. Really like the shai class for some reason.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1658157430658.png

Next week, I can wait I reckon.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Played a bunch yesterday in trials, playing different classes etc. Really liked Lahn, Striker, Dark Knight, Shai & Guardian. Need to mess about with the caster classes today to get a feel for them. Hope a new season starts soon. Will probably level my "main" through season, graduate then boost Shai. Really like the shai class for some reason.

Shai for the win. :)

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Newest class, Drakania, finally has its Awakening trailer. This Awakening seems to have taken PA longer than normal to make, and its kinda crazy looking. Uses dual javelins for some attacks, then 1 javelin + Dragon gauntlet type thing:

Oh, and they gave her wings. Weebs gonna orgasm.

They really are good at doing some things better than others and thats class design. Sure its not built around the trinity but its still a sight to behold. I just wish this game had a reason to do grouping and dungeon crawls beyond xp grind.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really are good at doing some things better than others and thats class design. Sure its not built around the trinity but its still a sight to behold. I just wish this game had a reason to do grouping and dungeon crawls beyond xp grind.
Grouping now is about getting items to sell or enhance. The BDO playerbase just doesn't like group content, as much as some might say they do. The 3 person grind spot called "Oluns" is now the best money, and has drops to make an outfit, but it requires high gear / good teamwork. In terms of PvE, I think BDO now is the best its ever been with its offerings of solo / group content.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shai is different. Highly in demand for group content though, plus they can ride a skateboard. Nice Lifeskill perks too.

Edit: Witch/Wiz are also the only classes that allow you to double-tap a directional key for their i-frame/dodge. One of the main reasons I play Witch. ;p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 422683

Next week, I can wait I reckon.
Yeah if you can. When the time comes pre create a season character, you should get some nice rewards. Usually they give some enchanting stuff or scrolls when you pre create.

I'd wait for season to start to begin the game. The season compared to "regular" is night and day when you are first starting. You should be able to get two sets of IV gear when playing season characters. First get TWO sets of Naru gear to V (which isnt hard with all the stones they give you now). Trade one set in for Tuvala (I) gear, then enchant that normally. After you level one character to 60, use Fulgar's timepiece to instantly level another character to 60. Then, on your first character, switch the other Naru (V) gear for Narcillian weapons and armor (Blackstar level armor I think)
After season you should have two characters LVL 60/61 at 240 AP and 300+ DP. You really cant do that on a regular server. That AP/DP bracket should be good for almost every mid tier area in the game.

• 1Like