Black Desert

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shai is different. Highly in demand for group content though, plus they can ride a skateboard. Nice Lifeskill perks too.

Edit: Witch/Wiz are also the only classes that allow you to double-tap a directional key for their i-frame/dodge. One of the main reasons I play Witch. ;p
Just getting around to casters this morning - witch and wizard both feel really good and straight forward. Not sure wtf Sorceress is, also Sage feels good but a little more methodical I guess. All classes so far feel good and different, but some are just a lot of work I feel like (ninjas, samurais etc). Whereas Witch, Guardian Zerker and a few others seems pretty basic

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Witch is a really fun class. Her awakening mechanics make a lot of sense and you can range mobs fairly easily. I've been able to take my witch into areas with lower AP/DP that would be rough for mele type fighters like Hysteria.

Sorc is awesome, but she has a big learning curve. Her attacks are great but it takes a while to learn her combos to be effective. If you can dedicate some time to the class, she is great in both PVP and PVE.

I'd start with:

Witch/Wiz
Guardian
Nova
Corsair
Lahn

At 240 AP/300 DP you should be able to do most stuff pretty straightforward. Areas in the desert like Pila and Sulfer should be easier and give some ok silver.

Sorc
Valk
Ranger
Dark Knight

play those a little later once you get everything down. They all take a tad more to gear out and Valk, like Sorc is tough on the learning curve compared to Lahn/Witch

The Samurai and Ninja classes are a lot of fun, but again, very unique in playstyle. I love my Maewah due to her Polearm and maneuverability but she isnt the easiest class to get the hang of and I think Witch/Guardian out damage her quite a bit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awakening Mae apparently got a really big dmg boost this last patch, ppl love it.

Edit: I went to the new Elvia Hexe (like 300+/390+) on my Witch (293/351) and it was scary, but a lot of fun. At one point I had the giant Wirdsmith(?) boss plus Hexe Marie and loads of mobs attacking me, it was several minutes of constant danger, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Also remeber when you do Seasons, you will get a V Tuvala ring and earring for getting to level 58/60 (at least they have given this every season so far) don’t waste ore enchanting two rings and earrings . You shouldn’t need them before 60 anyways

Mediah kill quests (automatic when you go to helms, elrich, etc) will give you Asula accessories. That should be all you need before going to Valencia And by then you should have most of the tuvala accessories you need

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Awakening Mae apparently got a really big dmg boost this last patch, ppl love it.

Edit: I went to the new Elvia Hexe (like 300+/390+) on my Witch (293/351) and it was scary, but a lot of fun. At one point I had the giant Wirdsmith(?) boss plus Hexe Marie and loads of mobs attacking me, it was several minutes of constant danger, lol.
She did and he attacks got refined,she’s always been fun to play but now she’s pretty competitive depending where you are.

The Elvia Hexe sounds awesome. Ive always loved the basic feel of Hexe, and Marie is a great mini boss. Sounds awesome! Is Marie a summoned boss or does she spawn randomly like that one in the mountain of eternal winter? I’m mostly still convincing myself that the Map pieces I need in Pila and Sulfur will drop THIS time…..

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She did and he attacks got refined,she’s always been fun to play but now she’s pretty competitive depending where you are.

The Elvia Hexe sounds awesome. Ive always loved the basic feel of Hexe, and Marie is a great mini boss. Sounds awesome! Is Marie a summoned boss or does she spawn randomly like that one in the mountain of eternal winter? I’m mostly still convincing myself that the Map pieces I need in Pila and Sulfur will drop THIS time…..
She is a random spawn there now. In regards to Map pieces, when/if they have another Treasure event go to Basilisk Den for the Pilu Ku piece, you'll get it. The piece will drop off the mobs in the second wave on the Statues, kill them, then move on. No need to finish the Statue.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I love the game, but hate it too. My Nova is 290/330 and getting those upgrades to get to 300ap just seem so far away. Doesnt help that I hate the mindless grinding, I can usually only manage an hour, maybe two, at a time. I try to just buy my upgrades because fuck that enhance system.

• 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the game, but hate it too. My Nova is 290/330 and getting those upgrades to get to 300ap just seem so far away. Doesnt help that I hate the mindless grinding, I can usually only manage an hour, maybe two, at a time. I try to just buy my upgrades because fuck that enhance system.

Yeah. This game... I might start back up with this next season. Good timing, about done with my legendary grind in GW2. But my usual m.o. with BDO is to start back up, play like a madman for a couple of months and have a great time. Then grind for a few months until I it isn't fun anymore and quit for a year or two.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
She is a random spawn there now. In regards to Map pieces, when/if they have another Treasure event go to Basilisk Den for the Pilu Ku piece, you'll get it. The piece will drop off the mobs in the second wave on the Statues, kill them, then move on. No need to finish the Statue.
They extended the drop event which is sweet. I'm going to take my main and try to grind and get the piece. Is the second wave the piece for the Deportee?

I've been doing centaurs as well, not sure which drops what so just doing the grind thing.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Did you get the journals AP update? I think its what, two AP points you can get from just doing journals?

I have to take breaks from the grind and do other stuff as well. With the low drop rates, its tough to get anything when you dont have as much time to play.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They extended the drop event which is sweet. I'm going to take my main and try to grind and get the piece. Is the second wave the piece for the Deportee?

I've been doing centaurs as well, not sure which drops what so just doing the grind thing.
Yea, the second wave will drop the Deportee piece. Makes getting that piece much more convenient.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you get the journals AP update? I think its what, two AP points you can get from just doing journals?

I have to take breaks from the grind and do other stuff as well. With the low drop rates, its tough to get anything when you dont have as much time to play.
Journals give more than 2, I think. Then you can get 1 more from setting up 2 factor authentication, and 1 more from doing the solo Kzarka quest chain. After that it's expensive, getting two tet distos and lots of caphras lvls in your armor pieces.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
How was the solo Zarka questline? Does it need a specific ap/dp to do ? That is one I have never done (I actually forgot about it until a few days ago)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How was the solo Zarka questline? Does it need a specific ap/dp to do ? That is one I have never done (I actually forgot about it until a few days ago)
There are 5 steps, the first 3 are group fights (up to 3 ppl), the last 2 are solo. I've not finished it myself, as I think I'll run out of time doing the 4th / 5th fights (quite a bit of knockdowns I couldn't see how to avoid. The higher the AP the better, plus using a class that can output that damage fast.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ended up taking drak to like 192 ap this weekend and lvl 57 just for grins.

Think I’ve settled on awk mystic for season this week and wizard for graduation guy. Great fun so far, combat is really satisfying

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider

Yeah I have all the available journal AP/DP upgrades. At this point I think I need a truckload or three of caphras stones to really see much improvement. I only have one piece of armor with a few caphras levels (my PEN Dim Tree chest is caphras level 8 or so).

I did manage to PEN my Kutum offhand this weekend and I'm a billion silver shy of completing the guaranteed PEN upgrade to my Griffon Helm. After that I'll be flat broke and miles away from further upgrades, which is probably a good time to veer off into the new season on Wednesday.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up taking drak to like 192 ap this weekend and lvl 57 just for grins.

Think I’ve settled on awk mystic for season this week and wizard for graduation guy. Great fun so far, combat is really satisfying
I played Mystic when she released, and before I settled on Witch. She was the first class I hit lvl60 on via just grinding since she was so much fun back then. She has had a lot of nerfs / buffs since, and I recently tried her out again, but I get pissed off at how inconsistently I can fire off one of her more satisfying combo chains (pre awakening) that I just put her back into the closet. ;p

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got pretty lucky in the past week. First, there was some Shop RNG box that you could buy for 100m which had a chance at giving you a box with multiple outfits, I got the box with 7. Made a few billion of those. Then two days ago I purified some Earth lightstones and got one called Veil, which sells for just under 2 billion. Sitting on just over 12 billion now, most of which I'll use to caphras up my boots / gloves, really need more DP now than AP if I want to comfy grind some Elvia Calpheon spots.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just leaving this here for a reminder:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to give this season a go against my better judgement as I have some friends that want to try it out. I haven't played since 2017 and UI in 4k looks like shit, but char creator still dope.

realmature.gif

• 1Worf