Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to give this season a go against my better judgement as I have some friends that want to try it out. I haven't played since 2017 and UI in 4k looks like shit, but char creator still dope.

View attachment 424083
You'll be playing a very different game than what you might remember from way back in 2017. When you're doing a Season character, when you get sent to Velia to speak the Alchemist guy, he will give you a "crossroads" decision: 1) Follow the MSQ's through Mediah, or 2) Level up via grinding. Both will give you same rewards and unlocks (mostly). I would recommend doing the MSQ, since one of the lvl up boxes will require that you finish up to a certain point to continue to open them.

Once you finish the Mediah MSQ, stop everything and go do the Chenga Tome questline, follow a guide...this is will help you out tremendously later on if you decide to quest to lvl61. You'll find that quest by pressing "O" and selecting Recommended, scroll through the list looking for Chenga.

Also, if you ever have questions, use this guys YouTube:

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I played Mystic when she released, and before I settled on Witch. She was the first class I hit lvl60 on via just grinding since she was so much fun back then. She has had a lot of nerfs / buffs since, and I recently tried her out again, but I get pissed off at how inconsistently I can fire off one of her more satisfying combo chains (pre awakening) that I just put her back into the closet. ;p
Is it the same do you reckon with Striker regarding the combo chains? I could shitter Guardian as I understand it's like 5 button presses end game grinding but think I'll get a bit bored with it. Witch & Wizard both feel really good to play.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it the same do you reckon with Striker regarding the combo chains? I could shitter Guardian as I understand it's like 5 button presses end game grinding but think I'll get a bit bored with it. Witch & Wizard both feel really good to play.
Only reason I stopped playing my Striker was that the Awakening was a big disappointment for me, it felt too different than pre-awakening, so I shelved it. Haven't given Succession a try, but I -think- Striker is less combo heavy compared to Mystic, but its considered one of the best classes, so my opinion on it is lacking. ;p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is there a run down anywhere of items that are actually meaningful in the year 2022? I jumped on today to tinker with UI and get a feel for the game again and just getting to L30 something my inventory has so much garbage that I don't know if I should hold onto it or just toss things on marketplace or vendor it.

I assume I should save stuff like scrolls or other exp boosters for when I have time to stack them and grind for skill points.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a run down anywhere of items that are actually meaningful in the year 2022? I jumped on today to tinker with UI and get a feel for the game again and just getting to L30 something my inventory has so much garbage that I don't know if I should hold onto it or just toss things on marketplace or vendor it.

I assume I should save stuff like scrolls or other exp boosters for when I have time to stack them and grind for skill points.
General rule is check the market, if you can buy the things again without a massive preorder queue, then it's not worth shit and you can sell, if there's a lot of preorder, sell if you need money or keep. You can expand your storage a ton in this game by buying houses, you're capped to how many houses you can buy by the point thingies(CP iirc?) but generally after playing a little while you can buy out like an entire city worth of housing and convert most of it into storage(the rest into worker houses and shit). I had all the early small city and the one bigger next to it bought out and with storage in both that gave like hundreds of slots in the banks in there. You can also efficiently mule stuff since chars share storage and you even have family inventory if you went far enough to unlock it(although it's largely for stuff like xp/item scrolls). Can take all the shit you don't think you'll use any time soon and drop it in some char's inventory that you then leave at a boss spawn and when you need it you can always go back to a city and drop the stuff there(for example the char you leave on the harpy boss is pretty close to... Balenos? I haven't played in years so names are fuzzy but that city northwest of the start that's pretty close to the center of the map).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If you haven't played since 2017, I wouldn't worry about anything that might be in your inventory. Keep it there, focus on your Seasonal character until the game gets familar again. Check the Pearl Shop for cheap stuff or stuff that costs Silver, if the 100m box is still there and you have that much buy it you could get lucky. Also, check the Loyalty section for the 530% XP/Skill scrolls (you can get 53 of them).

Go here ( Incendar ) and see if any of the Codes work for you, some of the older ones might still be active, especially the " grea tadv entu rers " code, it gives a box with lots of freebies.

When you make your new Season character you might be given the option to start in Balenos or Mtn of Eternal Winter, I would pick Balenos as the Winter starter area is PA's attempt at storytelling via dialogue and cutscenes. You can always do that quest chain later, and it does reward a very nice earring when completed.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you haven't played since 2017, I wouldn't worry about anything that might be in your inventory. Keep it there, focus on your Seasonal character until the game gets familar again. Check the Pearl Shop for cheap stuff or stuff that costs Silver, if the 100m box is still there and you have that much buy it you could get lucky. Also, check the Loyalty section for the 530% XP/Skill scrolls (you can get 53 of them).

Go here ( Incendar ) and see if any of the Codes work for you, some of the older ones might still be active, especially the " grea tadv entu rers " code, it gives a box with lots of freebies.

When you make your new Season character you might be given the option to start in Balenos or Mtn of Eternal Winter, I would pick Balenos as the Winter starter area is PA's attempt at storytelling via dialogue and cutscenes. You can always do that quest chain later, and it does reward a very nice earring when completed.
Wait, has the new season started already? Figured it would launch at some weird fucking time today - I still need to DL the game again.

Daidraco

Holy fuck, the Eternal Winter shit has me falling asleep every 5 minutes. Insanely fast progression, but fuck is it boring.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck, the Eternal Winter shit has me falling asleep every 5 minutes. Insanely fast progression, but fuck is it boring.
Yea, its pretty bad. Though, it is better than the updated Balenos MSQ, imo. Those cutscenes just make the game look horrible.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
season leveling so fast

did msq but the skip version and just grinding made 53 in about 2.5 or 3 hours or so on the striker. Striker so fun too

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Codes and twitch drops are legit. Mad items.

1658948875936.png

1658948995378.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fyi, can always send questions ingame to me; Family name is " Eiro ".

• 1Like

Daidraco

Outside of that codex, is there a good resource that actually offers some useful information on what items do?