Black Desert

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm definitely going to keep grinding since the seasonal drops vendor really well 50k/100k/200k per and no need to really fight for grind spots. Typically getting around 250M or so per hour grinding at Blood Wolves in raw silver/sellables. Going to quest out the rest of L60->L61 doing MSQ parts I've not done. I've also had good(?) luck so far with blood wolf potion pity pieces. I've gotten 25 of them in about 4 hours of grinding. Seems pretty reasonable if drop rate continues and am able to move onto the other pieces.

I've got 5 of the rift summons piling up. Will get to them eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Well, ok. On a whim I bought 4 purified lightstones off the AH. Got a Blight, Strike, and two other random crappy stones. About 7 billion payoff from a 60mil gamble, provided I dont use the Strike. I should probably just use it, even though that 5bil would be nice. Guess my luck is used up for a while.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Make sure to do the Festival events, the rewards are pretty nice. Two outfits for free. The Ancient BS Adventure board is also pretty nice with the turn-ins you can get. Even the Summer outfits in the Shop are nicely done (note, you can get the Outfit / Bikini (old ones) they are selling in the Shop for free from the Festival). Also, the Twitch Drops for the next few days are pretty good too, chance at a big payday.

I might switch to Wizzy as my main after this Season. I had played one before, but never a lot since it felt clunky. Now though? It feels fast and a lot smoother than my Witch, at least in one-shot grind spots on Season.

Also, translated notes from the Late Night Dev Talk from PA this morning. Some nice stuff coming... maybe.

Late Night Talks with PA – 3rd August 2022 – Black Desert Foundry

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I already have 2 outfits and don't really feel like starting a collection. Can I sell the event ones?

Got the last two accessories to pen. Started putting together buy orders for life skill gear/stuff so I can get somewhat of a base going while I run around doing all the million things left to do.

1659579294283.png

My trusty mount Pokimane is also so close to being a courser. I did breed horses back in the day but seeing that you can fail to awaken dream horses is a pretty big turn off from wanting to get involved in that again. Plus this horse is fast af boiiii when drift/acceling/s acceling and needing to relevel and pray for skills is Zzzzzz.

1659579349054.png

Molten Core Raider
They do give out a LOT of Dream Horse materials these days from events, boxes, loyalty thankfully so the endeavor isnt as horrible as it used to be. It can still take a stupid amount of tries before it works and it's a big cron sink (but if youre serious about getting a Dream horse, you pretty much have to use them). I think I was around 40 attempts before my horse popped up and promptly came out a Not-Pegasus. Leveled him up to 30, sold it, bought a Pegasus :p

I learned last night that my goals need to switch around a bit, I gotta farm up that Infinite HP pot. I never really felt the need for it but last night I ventured into Elvia grinding for the first time. I tried the orcs and while I didnt have trouble killing once I wrapped my head around how it all worked, I went through pots like water. Think i downed over 300 in what felt like no time. Cant grind effectively if youre having to constantly run for potions, so...guess I gotta look into that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I already have 2 outfits and don't really feel like starting a collection. Can I sell the event ones?

Got the last two accessories to pen. Started putting together buy orders for life skill gear/stuff so I can get somewhat of a base going while I run around doing all the million things left to do.

View attachment 426152

My trusty mount Pokimane is also so close to being a courser. I did breed horses back in the day but seeing that you can fail to awaken dream horses is a pretty big turn off from wanting to get involved in that again. Plus this horse is fast af boiiii when drift/acceling/s acceling and needing to relevel and pray for skills is Zzzzzz.

View attachment 426153
The bikini is worth getting at least, takes no effort beyond questing. It acts as underwear, but also increases swim speed. The Coco outfit, I think can be sold or smashed for crons.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They do give out a LOT of Dream Horse materials these days from events, boxes, loyalty thankfully so the endeavor isnt as horrible as it used to be. It can still take a stupid amount of tries before it works and it's a big cron sink (but if youre serious about getting a Dream horse, you pretty much have to use them). I think I was around 40 attempts before my horse popped up and promptly came out a Not-Pegasus. Leveled him up to 30, sold it, bought a Pegasus :p

I learned last night that my goals need to switch around a bit, I gotta farm up that Infinite HP pot. I never really felt the need for it but last night I ventured into Elvia grinding for the first time. I tried the orcs and while I didnt have trouble killing once I wrapped my head around how it all worked, I went through pots like water. Think i downed over 300 in what felt like no time. Cant grind effectively if youre having to constantly run for potions, so...guess I gotta look into that.
My first grinds at Elvia Calpheon spots made me feel weak, with a number of near death experiences. Yet, a few days ago when I went to Saunils for the weeklies, I was smashing them with no danger at all...even when the Gigagord spawned. That thing almost killed me last time, but this time it barely touched my health. I think the difference was that I was using a Giants Draught, which have HP back on hit.

At the moment I'm somewhat unsure where to spend silver on my gear. I have a PO up on a frost flame, but helmet is still only c7, so a few billions away from c10. Then I am thinking of buying a TET BS Offhand, and converting it to Godr, unless it requires TRI to get the AP boost... Then maybe not since I already have a PEN Kutum.

Or, I could just focus on getting boots / gloves up to c6 for more DP so I can then grab a TET Distos, which would bump me up into a new AP bracket.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, my first thought was to up my DP after my Orc tussle. I have 281 Awakened AP on my sheet with god knows how much hidden AP, which on paper is ok for the Orcs, albeit on the lower end. My dp is a bit lower than recommended at 334 but I still lack PEN boots. Saunils might be more in my gear range than the Orcs, but I had my eyes on grinding out that AP boost to belts and figured I'd start with the Orcs since they can drop two of the components needed. I went through so many health pots though Im not sure any Elvia grinding would be wise just yet.

Im in the same boat with what to buy. Ive made a decent bit of money lately from luck, season, etc. After selling that Blight lightstone Im around 9 billion atm and not entirely sure what to do with it. I feel like I should push that TET Kzarka up to PEN via the guaranteed thing, but it will cost me around 2.5 billion to get the stone from Jetina and some of the other materials like Sharps. But, I never, and I mean never, play Succ Nova, so any benefit to getting the PEN will just be the AP boost it provides to my Awakening and Im not sure that's worth the billions. My Dim tree chest is C7 as well and feels miles away from Fallen God. Could save a little more and buy PEN Urugon's, or save a bunch more and start upgrading my Tungrad earrings to Distortions (but I kinda want Fallen God first to offset the DP loss). Dunno where to spend the money...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, my first thought was to up my DP after my Orc tussle. I have 281 Awakened AP on my sheet with god knows how much hidden AP, which on paper is ok for the Orcs, albeit on the lower end. My dp is a bit lower than recommended at 334 but I still lack PEN boots. Saunils might be more in my gear range than the Orcs, but I had my eyes on grinding out that AP boost to belts and figured I'd start with the Orcs since they can drop two of the components needed. I went through so many health pots though Im not sure any Elvia grinding would be wise just yet.

Im in the same boat with what to buy. Ive made a decent bit of money lately from luck, season, etc. After selling that Blight lightstone Im around 9 billion atm and not entirely sure what to do with it. I feel like I should push that TET Kzarka up to PEN via the guaranteed thing, but it will cost me around 2.5 billion to get the stone from Jetina and some of the other materials like Sharps. But, I never, and I mean never, play Succ Nova, so any benefit to getting the PEN will just be the AP boost it provides to my Awakening and Im not sure that's worth the billions. My Dim tree chest is C7 as well and feels miles away from Fallen God. Could save a little more and buy PEN Urugon's, or save a bunch more and start upgrading my Tungrad earrings to Distortions (but I kinda want Fallen God first to offset the DP loss). Dunno where to spend the money...
Yea, concentrate on upping your DP first, imo... way before getting Distos. Fallen God is a very nice boost, but so would PEN Uwu's, which are about 13-ish billion. I'd avoid trying to get the "free" Uwugon PEN as getting the boss aura / crystals is a pain in the ass vs. just buying them. So, boost your Dim up to c10 to get FG and try for DUO FG if you can (will be dicey as a failure going for DUO will take it back to BASE.

I'm at 293 awakening AP and I feel that is fine for the spots I grind, its my DP (351) which makes me feel lacking. I have my FG at PRI, been too much of a coward to try for DUO. Getting my pen armors up to c10 (griffon helm), and c7's would be a big increase in DP... which would make go grind Elvia Hexe again (so fun).

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
That's probably the most solid plan. I'm also done with guaranteed PEN armors, I did the Dim Tree and Griffon Helm guaranteed, a third would run me like 9 billion just for the stone from Jetina, not to mention the mountain of Meme frags and Solids. As I get cron stones I attempt a PEN enhance, but my chance for success is pretty low so it'd have to be just a lucky moment to get it. I may get brave and go on a cron-free enhance spree, just attempt it then burn Advice of Valks to try to get the TET back after the inevitable failure. Alternatively, I only need 2-3 billion more to outright buy the PEN shoes if I decide to hold off on the PEN Kzarka thing. It also doesnt help that my brain is an asshole and every time I get close to 15bil, it starts whispering "hey, make that Nouver outfit".

I should probably keep a perpetual Caphras order on the AH as well. It's just annoying only being able to pre-order 100 at a time when you need thousands.

edit - went through with the PEN Kzarka last night just to get it outta the way and spent the rest of my money on Caphras stones. Even with so many pre-orders on the market my orders got filled pretty fast. Bought enough to get to C8 with the Dim tree and a decent ways in before the silver ran out. Im going to just focus on farming that Infinite HP pot, which Im pretty overgeared for and funnel that money into either more caphras, or save for PEN Urugons.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
It’s interesting how you can mostly “get by” with lower DP numbers until around the 250 ap bracket. I suddenly noticed a whole lot more damage than I had ever taken anywhere else.
I’m debating on how worth it is to guarantee PEN another armor slot as well. The billions it takes make me consider just waiting for free outfit boxes and J’s hammers

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s interesting how you can mostly “get by” with lower DP numbers until around the 250 ap bracket. I suddenly noticed a whole lot more damage than I had ever taken anywhere else.
I’m debating on how worth it is to guarantee PEN another armor slot as well. The billions it takes make me consider just waiting for free outfit boxes and J’s hammers
I did the guarantee pen for helm and gloves, bought my uwugons and I actually tapped a pen red nose.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my first Dream horse last night on the 16th attempt, got the Dine... was hoping for Pegasus, but oh well. Have another courser at lvl27, so once that hits 30, I'll try again. Not sure how much a base Dream Dine sells for, most of the dreams on the Market at already partially lvl'd up and seel for @9 billion. That would let me get some minor upgrades to DP / AP, or finish off c10 on my Helm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
They are around 9bil at level 1, 12bil at level 30. It's kinda a double edge sword as to whether to level it up or not. It'd list for more money at 30, but it might be harder to sell if your stats are crap. Plus leveling Dream Horses is annoying as you have to stay on top of each level to make sure you obtain all of the skills, you cant really afk it for too long or you can potentially fuck it up.

Ive been trying for a second dream horse with the T8 I got from the season tokens, but Im kinda not wanting to mess with it. Id like another to sell, or potentially try for a T10, but I dont wanna keep feeding crons into the attempts, Id rather be saving them for armor attempts.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my first Dream horse last night on the 16th attempt, got the Dine... was hoping for Pegasus, but oh well. Have another courser at lvl27, so once that hits 30, I'll try again. Not sure how much a base Dream Dine sells for, most of the dreams on the Market at already partially lvl'd up and seel for @9 billion. That would let me get some minor upgrades to DP / AP, or finish off c10 on my Helm.

Nice. Saturday the courser I was working on finally became a Pegasus, on the 54th try. Which works out to be 20 billion in mats, etc.

Horse training is one of the more P2W parts of the game. And very time consuming. I enjoy the horse thing though, and am resigned to spending cash on the skill change items. But honestly it's much more cost effective to just buy the horse you want off of the market. You'll get better stats and more skills than a beginning trainer usually can manage.

Let someone else pull their credit card out and build the perfect Dream Horse for you.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sold my Dine today, got about 6.5bln for it after taxes. Looking at what I can do with 17bln, it seems the best course is to just buy Caphras. My current gear is:

currentgear.jpg

Getting my Helm to c10, with boots / gloves up to c4 will give a nice boost to DP, which might allow me to grind at Hexe a bit more safely. The shown AP/DP is off, should be 1 more AP and 1 less DP.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Caphras is probably the way to go since the DP boost will be bigger for you atm. Only "upgrade" in that price range is probably a TET Disto earring. Btw, Im really jealous of that PEN Blackstar awakening wep. Im not seeing any major AP boosts in my near future as everything is a crazy low enhance chance.

I spent most of the weekend in Sherekhan farming pot pity parts. Got 26 over the course of the weekend which doesnt feel like a shitty amount (that includes the 5 from the weekly) and was making around 300mil silver an hour. I should have my PEN Urugons tomorrow Got a Spectre's Energy too from a night mob, so I might slog out a piece of blackstar to level a bit and sell.

I am curious of the opinion of you guys though, I was at Sherekhan, had been there almost an hour as my hour long buffs were close to expiring. A dude rolls up (he was a mystic), flags red, jumps me and promptly dies to my vastly OP Nova aoe's (or luck, not sure which). He pops a blessing, gets up, immediately attacks me again and this time I die because I was at half health. I pop a blessing and put him back down and continue grinding. He shows up again, flags up, attacks, dies again. Rinse and repeat this cycle another time. He comes back a few minuites later and says "Id keep killing you, but youre just a karma bomber".

Am i really though? I mean, my spot, my grind, dude flagged, attacked and got put on his ass. Kinda feels like he was karma bombing himself since it was a spot I had been at and was defending it. I dont pvp in this game and only know of karma bombing in the vaguest sense, but, in this situation, this wasnt it, right?

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were being salty. He probably had a higher GS than you, so noticed a drop in karma when they killed you. Sucks to be them. I find that most people will try to "claim" a rotation that is far too large for them to keep cleared, so it could be that the mystic slower encroached on your rotation without seeing that you were already there. Happens a lot at formless / spreadout grind spots.

Note, if you're grinding the pot piece at Sherekhan, always, always do the elites at Night as long as you can get energy. Very much worth it, imo. People say you can find a couple the summon towers that are close enough together to spawn 2 and have it be efficient (haven't found such a set yet, not really looking either). I'm up to 40 now (15 from the weeklies), with several hours of having 0 drops, but every night I've gotten 1-3. Though, I've only been actively grinding in Marni's Realm, so 1hr/day, plus each Nighttime for the past couple days.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
"Id keep killing you, but youre just a karma bomber".

Am i really though? I mean, my spot, my grind, dude flagged, attacked and got put on his ass. Kinda feels like he was karma bombing himself since it was a spot I had been at and was defending it. I dont pvp in this game and only know of karma bombing in the vaguest sense, but, in this situation, this wasnt it, right?

Karma bombing in the strictest sense is when the victim of the attack (the guy that didn't flag) either kills the first attempt THEN takes off their gear to get killed a few times, or takes off their gear at the outset. Then procedes to farm the ever loving fuck out of the guy that just went red.

Karma bombing accusations are typically some cockhead that you grind into paste when they flag on you. They expect YOU to flag on them, and then grind them into paste, which means they'd actually be the Karma bomber.

So laugh at them, keep grinding. You beat them in everyway possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users