Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m going to try to hit that again. Ronaros just burns me out. Kudos to everyone who got their pot piece there
Try Crescents, with all the Item Drop buffs available you could end up making descent money there, especially while on a Seasonal character. Only drawback to Crescent is the respawn rate is shit, so you end up having to make a really big rotation.

Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx I think Kratuga drops 2 of the compass pieces, though not the Elten.

Molten Core Raider
Ive fortunately (unfortunately for the current situation?) already have the Aakman compass piece so Im stuck in Hystria for the remainder. The Woosa is clearing it pretty well, even in season gear, although Ive not put as much time into it that I should have. My attention waffles between Hystria and grinding at the Jade Forest.

Molten Core Raider
I decided to take a break from grinding for a bit and work on Pavino Grecko's travel journals for the extra HP, which made me realize Id never done the herald's journal so Ive been working on that so I can finish books 3 and 4 for Pavino. These timed quests are so ass.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I decided to take a break from grinding for a bit and work on Pavino Grecko's travel journals for the extra HP, which made me realize Id never done the herald's journal so Ive been working on that so I can finish books 3 and 4 for Pavino. These timed quests are so ass.
Yea, I stopped after trying the fishing one a couple times.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm making a DK, browsing through the beauty album and come across this lol

daliDK.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I stopped after trying the fishing one a couple times.
I should wrap it all up today, but the entire process has driven me nearly bonkers. I got so frustrated with the ones involving the desert I just flat out bought a unicorn dream horse so i could zip around. Find Hystria in 5 minutes from Sand Grain? Visit each desert shrine in 14 minutes? Nah. The one where you start at the Valencia king then have to talk to a guy in Altinova, Heidel, Velia, then Calpheon might can be cheesed with the Magnus now, but I didnt try. I bought that damn unicorn and Im damn sure gonna ride it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
These updated crystal prices would be insane if they go through. Can see them about 2/3rds down the page, have to expand it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well just got the Ronaros pot piece 30min into starting my farm for it. Sherekan time I guess. I think I'm rerolling to succ dk from my lahn, the mobility is so nice and its fun to play, seems really good for pvp.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Sherekhan at night is the best way to farm that mess, I'd usualy pull 2-3 pity per night cycle., and it's pretty good money too.

I managed to finish the Pavino Greko adventure logs. Very frustrating with having to have completed the timed quests , but the end result is pretty nice. An extra DP and a few more Valks Cry you can apply to your stacks (from the timed crap) plus 600hp to all characters from Pavino's stuff.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Try Crescents, with all the Item Drop buffs available you could end up making descent money there, especially while on a Seasonal character. Only drawback to Crescent is the respawn rate is shit, so you end up having to make a really big rotation.

Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx I think Kratuga drops 2 of the compass pieces, though not the Elten.
Love to farm Crescents for the pot pieces. Pretty good money and the "mini" gatekeer is a great source for rings. I let my daughter play there the other night, she ran around on my Drak for an hour and not one pitty piece. But the little shit got three rings in an hour. I quit :)

I took a quick break and started some mansion pieces. I just needed a break from the rng so I decided to go after the mermaid statue not realizing it is a rng box, at a rng location, with a rng timer..........

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love this game, despite having some stuff I truly despise in it(hello item enhancement).

I've accepted that TET boss gear that you get from seasonal character graduation is the best I'll get. I have zero patience for the enhancement shit, like seriously that part of the game can just go fuck itself. So I'm not trying anymore, sure some stuff will be out of reach for me, but it's better to enjoy the 90% I can do than go the for the missing 10% and get frustrated and not enjoy the game anymore. Haven't yet resigned myself to selling the enhancement materials, but I should. I have like 11B worth of it.

So I'm now in a mix of DUO and TRI Manos gear, slowly upgrading items by buying a better version and selling the one on the central market. I'm aiming for TET Manos, most likely not going for PEN since the price jump is ridiculous.

I'm working on my lifeskill slowly and enjoying myself, doing my hour of private farming every few days for the treasure pieces...no rush. Potions are cheap as fuck, and since I'm not doing cutting edge content, I actually rarely need them anyways...Shai ftw. I'll get them at some point without stressing for them. Long terms goals are nice to have anyways.

I'm debating buying a dream horse or trying to get one on my own, so started leveling my Trainer lifeskill and taming horses and leveling them while afk. I have tons of materials for trying for the dream horse since I've been collecting them for years.

I was looking at the manor stuff, and maybe doing that too but I have no time right now as all my bdo time is filled with so many little things I want to do.

That was the key for me to enjoying the game more than I have in a very long time with very little frustration. I think I average about 8 hours a day during the holidays for like 11 days I had off. Something I haven't done since maybe EQ1 or early WoW.

Spent about $100 in the last 12 months for maybe 4-5 months of being active which is just a little more than $15/month subscription which I'm totally fine with, on top of which when I play I tend not to buy any single player games so saving there, keeping well withing my gaming budget, actually usually spend less when playing it, but that's been the case since EQ, when playing an MMO seriously I always end up spending less than I would otherwise. Still have pearls enough for a while. My biggest issue was always inventory space and bank space, but they give a lot now, the only issue is weight limit really. Bank space was solved for me by doing the Magus allowing me access to all storage from anywhere, since there were so many banks I never bothered going to since they were too much trouble to get to.

I think the game is in a fairly good place right now, both in term of gameplay and accessibility, and in terms of the cash shop about stuff that is "required".

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Keep your eye on the horse market and if you see a Pegasus with decent stats, buy it. With a Tri Manos riding crop, it's so worth it for the time it will save you doing literally everything else in the game. It took me 36 tries to make my first dream horse. Even having years worth of saved mats, if rng hates you, you will still get boned.

You can always work on your own dream horse at your own pace to either replace the one you have if it's better, or if you make a second pegasus, work towards a T10 horse. Some advice for buying a dream horse though, don't buy one that doesnt have all 24 skills. It's easy to get all mount skills on a dream horse as they level, dont buy one without everything.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never see the pegasus for sale, tons of Dine and a few Doom but never the pegasus, I think he sells extremely fast or is just rarer.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I love this game, despite having some stuff I truly despise in it(hello item enhancement).

I've accepted that TET boss gear that you get from seasonal character graduation is the best I'll get. I have zero patience for the enhancement shit, like seriously that part of the game can just go fuck itself. So I'm not trying anymore, sure some stuff will be out of reach for me, but it's better to enjoy the 90% I can do than go the for the missing 10% and get frustrated and not enjoy the game anymore. Haven't yet resigned myself to selling the enhancement materials, but I should. I have like 11B worth of it.

So I'm now in a mix of DUO and TRI Manos gear, slowly upgrading items by buying a better version and selling the one on the central market. I'm aiming for TET Manos, most likely not going for PEN since the price jump is ridiculous.

I'm working on my lifeskill slowly and enjoying myself, doing my hour of private farming every few days for the treasure pieces...no rush. Potions are cheap as fuck, and since I'm not doing cutting edge content, I actually rarely need them anyways...Shai ftw. I'll get them at some point without stressing for them. Long terms goals are nice to have anyways.

I'm debating buying a dream horse or trying to get one on my own, so started leveling my Trainer lifeskill and taming horses and leveling them while afk. I have tons of materials for trying for the dream horse since I've been collecting them for years.

I was looking at the manor stuff, and maybe doing that too but I have no time right now as all my bdo time is filled with so many little things I want to do.

That was the key for me to enjoying the game more than I have in a very long time with very little frustration. I think I average about 8 hours a day during the holidays for like 11 days I had off. Something I haven't done since maybe EQ1 or early WoW.

Spent about $100 in the last 12 months for maybe 4-5 months of being active which is just a little more than $15/month subscription which I'm totally fine with, on top of which when I play I tend not to buy any single player games so saving there, keeping well withing my gaming budget, actually usually spend less when playing it, but that's been the case since EQ, when playing an MMO seriously I always end up spending less than I would otherwise. Still have pearls enough for a while. My biggest issue was always inventory space and bank space, but they give a lot now, the only issue is weight limit really. Bank space was solved for me by doing the Magus allowing me access to all storage from anywhere, since there were so many banks I never bothered going to since they were too much trouble to get to.

I think the game is in a fairly good place right now, both in term of gameplay and accessibility, and in terms of the cash shop about stuff that is "required".
Did you do the guaranteed PEN pieces from the old moon quests? I was in the same position as you a year or so ago. I went ahead and did the quests to get the Dandi, dim tree, and one other thing up to PEN (along with the crescent ring) It is expensive and a long process but it is no rng wheel of fortune. Otherwise I saved all the free crons we get and burned the free outfits we get to save for PEN attempts. I got lucky with two.
But I’m with you, there is content I will probably never get to due to the accessories rng.

Molten Core Raider
I never see the pegasus for sale, tons of Dine and a few Doom but never the pegasus, I think he sells extremely fast or is just rarer.
I dont think they are necessarily rarer when they're made, they just sell fast so it will take a little luck or just camping the stable master. The pegasus has the highest base speed stats so for general riding from Point A to B so they are always preferred over the other two unless you're off in the desert somewhere. Plus being able to fling yourself off of literally any high spot and glide to the ground is a huge timesaver, plus it's fun. You can glide off the cliffs down to Garmoth, gliding off from the Karanda spot, being able to launch over rivers, too many shortcuts to name that the peggy opens up.

One of the steps of the Journals I worked on over the weekend was to climb to the highest point in Calpheon. Had to monkey my way up to the very tip top of the tower at the Valkyrie cathedral place. There's a small flat spot on top of the highest dome that had the quest marker and I wasnt about to try to climb back down. Whistled for my horse, hopped on, and chucked her ass off the top of the dome.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You can easily get PEN now, so don't feel you're stuck at TET. Doing the Magnus quest line will give a box with your choice of PEN armor, you can do dailies for PEN in every other slot (increasingly pricey though), you can do a daily for a PEN accessory, and lastly, you can just save up around 13b to buy a PEN piece of gear (or TET BS weapons). Those dailies also have a lifeskill option as well. So over time, you can get to full PEN aside from all accessories.

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I just started this game over the weekend. I felt completely lost at first. Had to stop every 2 minutes to look stuff up or read tons of item descriptions ect.

Eventually I started to see the game for what it was. And I was fine with it. I probably won't ever get into pvp since I doubt my gear will ever be good enough and so grinding and life skills are going to be my path forward.

I was on the fence between Lahn and Guardian. I started with guardian and have stuck with it. If it turns out guardian is "boring" or annoying compared to other classes I won't know for quite a while if at all.

I am level 54 and just focused on finishing the season pass rewards, the main quest and getting to level 60.

What else should I focus on doing before I get kicked off the season servers?

Molten Core Raider
You've got plenty of time before the season ends, so dont feel rushed. Season servers offer increased drop rates on stuff, I'd recommend farming skill points/exp while you're farming for treasure pieces, such as the Infinite Health Pot. Currently there's an event going on that offers more places for pieces to drop. I dont recommend focusing solely on grinding for these, but, there are plenty of quests of the season pass, daily, and weekly variety that will ask you to kill thousands of mobs, might as well be potion piece droppers.

Great thing also on the season server is a thing called Fugar's Time Piece. This item will essentially allow you to create a second character that will be the same level and have the same amount of skill points as your Guardian, so keep pushing forward on the Guardian you can get a free Lahn out of the deal. If the Guardian isnt your thing (it wasnt mine), you can transfer your stuff over to the Lahn and pick up where you left off as the Lahn will become your season character, just read up on how the timepiece works.

Take at look here to read up on the full benefits of the season server. Make sure youre taking full advantage of it while you're there.

• 1Like