Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started this game over the weekend. I felt completely lost at first. Had to stop every 2 minutes to look stuff up or read tons of item descriptions ect.

Eventually I started to see the game for what it was. And I was fine with it. I probably won't ever get into pvp since I doubt my gear will ever be good enough and so grinding and life skills are going to be my path forward.

I was on the fence between Lahn and Guardian. I started with guardian and have stuck with it. If it turns out guardian is "boring" or annoying compared to other classes I won't know for quite a while if at all.

I am level 54 and just focused on finishing the season pass rewards, the main quest and getting to level 60.

What else should I focus on doing before I get kicked off the season servers?
You can do all the PvP you want, the only place where you could be overwhelmed would be open world pvp, but Node Wars will have gear caps and the Arena of Solare has its own gear system. So if you like the idea of PvP go for it, plenty of ppl ingame are willing to give advice and guilds which would help with practice (T1 Node guilds).

As for goals during Season. Getting to 61 is the first, then working on getting all your gear to PEN. Then take some time and see what other class in BDO suits your playstyle and use Fughars Timepiece to swap it with your original Season (this way you end season with two lvl61s). After that, it is pretty open....grind for a Treasure item like the Infinite HP Pot, or silver. Slow down a bit and get your Energy and Contribution Point up (will help a lot with Lifeskilling).

Note: Maegu, the next new class, will be coming out in a couple weeks so you might want to save your Timepiece for her.

PS: After the season if over and you're still liking BDO a new system will open up for you (it might already, not sure) called the Progression Pass. This is similar to the Season Pass, but totally free and is there to have you experience what the game has to offer while earning decent rewards. Should be an icon to the left of the Mini Map.

Molten Core Raider
Sooo....I think all my crystals got duped?

If im understanding how everything worked after the patch, the game removed all my crystals from my character's gear and dumped them into my storage. My Heidal storage was full, so they were considered overflow and appeared only once I cleared space. I then took all my crystals out of storage and loaded them into the crystal storage window and applied them to a crystal preset. Everything shows up in my crystal effects window as they should and everything looked as it should.

Later, after grinding a bit, i was on an alt in Heidal and went to the central market and noticed I had a full set of crystals in my central market storage. Everything that I had previously pulled from my Heidal storage overflow and put in the crystal storage was also in my central market storage. Apparently I have a full second set of crystals. I pulled the two Jin Vipers from the market and clicked to add them to my crystal storage and I now have four showing in storage (two in use, two spare) whereas I only am supposed to have two.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just checked from the app, and there's a bunch of crystal in my Central Market storage which were not there before.

So definitely something weird going on.

I'm not complaining. :)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sooo....I think all my crystals got duped?

If im understanding how everything worked after the patch, the game removed all my crystals from my character's gear and dumped them into my storage. My Heidal storage was full, so they were considered overflow and appeared only once I cleared space. I then took all my crystals out of storage and loaded them into the crystal storage window and applied them to a crystal preset. Everything shows up in my crystal effects window as they should and everything looked as it should.

Later, after grinding a bit, i was on an alt in Heidal and went to the central market and noticed I had a full set of crystals in my central market storage. Everything that I had previously pulled from my Heidal storage overflow and put in the crystal storage was also in my central market storage. Apparently I have a full second set of crystals. I pulled the two Jin Vipers from the market and clicked to add them to my crystal storage and I now have four showing in storage (two in use, two spare) whereas I only am supposed to have two.

It said something about tagged characters crystals would be moved to the market storage. I cant remember the wording directly in that GM letter.

Molten Core Raider
Interesting. Im surprised that straight up duped them though, but I guess if the presets could be applied to every character people would overall need less crystals, but being able to sell the dupes is an interesting development.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About Crystals. All normal crystals you had were sent to the Market, all Tagged crystals were marked as non sellable and moved to Heidel storage along with all special crystals like Outfit crystals (which now sell to vendors for 400m each). Being able to sell the Tagged crystals is probably meant as a way to recoup the cost of tagging a character.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread is a siren song that keeps trying to seduce me into playing again. I know how it'll turn out in the end, but there's definitely an element of the game that is incredibly alluring.

I never played anything but Wizard seriously. Is the class still good?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
About Crystals. All normal crystals you had were sent to the Market, all Tagged crystals were marked as non sellable and moved to Heidel storage along with all special crystals like Outfit crystals (which now sell to vendors for 400m each). Being able to sell the Tagged crystals is probably meant as a way to recoup the cost of tagging a character.
That makes sense. I was hopeful, for the briefest of moments, that the game had bugged out and I benefitted for a change. As a result Ill likely fail my next dozen PEN Blackstar attempts.

Ive actually never played a Wizard so I cant comment, but it is a great time to hop on a season server and try a new class to screw around with.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That makes sense. I was hopeful, for the briefest of moments, that the game had bugged out and I benefitted for a change. As a result Ill likely fail my next dozen PEN Blackstar attempts.

Ive actually never played a Wizard so I cant comment, but it is a great time to hop on a season server and try a new class to screw around with.
I doubt I'll ever play again because I hate the gear system so much that it makes it impossible for me to enjoy the game. Unlike some of the others, I'm incapable of being 'satisfied' with 90%. If it's possible, I'm going to chase it and in BDO it's as close to masochistic as you can get.

Wizards were great during my time (2015-16) and did incredible amounts of work in mass PvP. There were constant requests for them to be nerfed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This thread is a siren song that keeps trying to seduce me into playing again. I know how it'll turn out in the end, but there's definitely an element of the game that is incredibly alluring.

I never played anything but Wizard seriously. Is the class still good?
Same. I almost made a post earlier today saying I needed to stop reading it because you all are trying to tempt me.

I've quit twice before. The first time because I got frustrated with fails. Picked it back up like two years later and was playing the shit out of it, but my dog died a few months into it and I just couldn't bring myself to play anymore. Plus I had some guilt about spending too much time playing and not spending as much of her last moments (her death was sudden, so it wasn't like I was ignoring a sick dying dog).

Part of it too was that I had been looking forward to playing the next season, and it was when they decided to stop doing those. Looks like they're back now.

Oh, and speaking of dream horses, I bred a Dine from scratch by myself, and it was exhilarating, but something I'd never want to do again.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt I'll ever play again because I hate the gear system so much that it makes it impossible for me to enjoy the game. Unlike some of the others, I'm incapable of being 'satisfied' with 90%. If it's possible, I'm going to chase it and in BDO it's as close to masochistic as you can get.

Wizards were great during my time (2015-16) and did incredible amounts of work in mass PvP. There were constant requests for them to be nerfed.
I'm not even sure how to respond to you. You apparently haven't played BDO in 6yrs, but you still have this negative perception of the game based on not being able to get geared capped in 2016. Yikes. If attaining gear cap in current BDO is the only reason you would want to play it, than yes, don't even bother. Less than 1% of BDO's entire playerbase is at gear cap, if anyone actually is there. Note, it is possible to reach gear cap just by buying stuff that people sell, though I doubt anyone is going to be selling PEN Fallen God pieces, everything else, sure... in time.

As for Wizard. Did you ever play Awakening? You stopped playing long before Succession. The class is as good as it always has been, even with the nerf to Protected Area, no guild will turn you down just because you play a Wizard. The class is super fun, I like playing it even more than my Witch, and its even going to get an new base model in February (or so). I would suggest playing the game again, but since its been 6yrs, your account has probably been deleted if you didn't switch it over to PA.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant. The game is amazing, better than it has ever been. If you want to get the best gear in as short a time span as possible, you'll simply be disappointed because it will take time, patience and luck to get there. And Wizards are strong... but there are stronger classes now.

Edit: Since you might have to start from scratch, here is a screenshot of what you can expect to have within a month or two in regards to gear:

newaccount.jpg

PEN Boss gear:
Griffon Helm via Jetina dailies.
Red Nose Armor via Magnus quest line
Crescent Ring via Jetina dailies
Dandelion Godr via Jetina dailies
Capotia Neck via Seasonal Reward

PEN Tuvala:
You'll have all that at the end of a Season, with minimal pain via enhancing... if getting those kills your will to play, so be it.

This gear will allow you to grind pretty much anywhere and could probably make 1-2 billion silver each day, depending on how much you want to grind. The Jetina dailies are super easy as you just kill shit you would be killing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Getting gear through failstacking is one of the worst ways to do it, unless you have MASSIVE time, capital, or both. Just farm, save up, and buy shit.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Snagged a tri blackstar MH off the market today, flipped that into a tet for easy 10b+ gains. For new people, set goals and work towards them, BDO is a marathon. Like outside of making silver, currently I'm pushing my CP to 400, energy to 500, awakening my own dream horse, raising lifeskills, should have my infinite HP pot in 1-2 weeks, I want to work on a boat later, etc.

There's a ton of stuff to do here, and outside of certain fundamental things don't let anyone else tell you how to play the game or what to play for, look into aspects that seem interesting and try them out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting gear through failstacking is one of the worst ways to do it, unless you have MASSIVE time, capital, or both. Just farm, save up, and buy shit.

It was horrid before, its still bad but not as bad. They give away quite a few advice of valks and tons of ways to get them otherwise. Building the 100+ stacks is still a pita I think though. If you want that top end gear the game is still bad. A lot dont seem to try their luck on the high end stuff except with J hammers or having the cron stones to not lose a level. Unless they are just rolling in the silver.

But if you are happy with the bonanza they give you each season and other crap now(like free pen boss armor from magnus, though the linked storage that line grants is worth far more imo) and slowly work on gear while doing so many other things, its still a fun game. Its hard to beat their class design and combat.

I do worry though they are pushing life skils farther away as grinding becomes more and more lucrative.

Molten Core Raider
^ What they all said. The enhancement system is still the big bogeyman in the corner that will suck all your fun away if you let it. Take one of the few dozen other avenues to better your gear and just buy stuff. Most things in BDO require a good chunk of grinding to obtain (Flame of Frost, Infinite pots, other treasures) that you make staggering amounts of silver incidentally as you work toward them.

On another note, someone actually sold a Krogdalo's horseshoe of the Wind last night. I dont think ive ever seen a Krogdalo piece for sale....ever. Snagged it, ran it up to +9 and now I have a pegasus with fancy horseshoes. Think I may use these new Shiny Shakatu seals to finish the set out.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're getting Family wide Silver next week or the week after, so all silver outside the Market storage will be accessible by every character all the time. Pretty nice.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's a small but very nice quality of life change. They've been doing these pretty consistently for a while now.

The Magus had solve the money issue for me mostly, as I went through all my alts and put all their money in storage and left them with just a small amount just in case.

Still going to be nicer this way.

I wish they would put the Riding Crop in the Toolbag, or create a different slot for it. I always forget to equip it again after I go gathering. Heck, I'd like the costume for cooking, gathering, processing etc. to be equipped automatically when you start an activity...but that's probably too much to ask for. :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish we could attune the Archaeologist Map to Magnus Wells, allowing us to port to any Well without using the Magnus.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wish they'd just sell a way to "unlock" all the "soft-power" shit contained in the retarded as fuck journals. JFC are those things dumb. I feel like they could make a fortune, because I'd easily pay $20 to skip that horseshit.

Molten Core Raider
I wish they'd just sell a way to "unlock" all the "soft-power" shit contained in the retarded as fuck journals. JFC are those things dumb. I feel like they could make a fortune, because I'd easily pay $20 to skip that horseshit.
I just slogged through all that, all the wallet-warriors need to do the same :p