Black Desert

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Woot, after a year of playing on and off, and gathering the mats on and off when I do play, I finally crafted my Epheria Sailboat, now probably another year of casual play and I'll be able to update it to a Caravel, and then another year and maybe a Carrack. :)

Now back to AFK fishing for a few weeks while I play Hogwart's Legacy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So my Value Pack from coming back ran out today. And with it, my storage all the sudden got a bit tight (although the Magnus stuff definitely helps).

As such, I'm thinking I need to reevaluate my workers. They're probably the same as they've been for 2-4 years.

I'm wondering though, are workers even worth a shit anymore? When grinding gives you hundreds of millions an hour, workers who were balanced around 20 million an hour seem...worthless? For instance, I've got 55k wheat that's accumulated over forever. If I sold it all, it's not quite 100m. I know that's passive, but the reality is we're talking more like maybe a million a day (just guessing). I'm tempted to just dump almost all my nodes and instead go for shit like max storage with my CP and investing in grinding nodes.

Am I misreading it? Is any of this still worth it in 2023?
Nodes have been a pretty shitty income stream for a long while now. You're going to spend FAR more time fucking with "optimal" worker/node investment to squeak out an extra 1-3mil/day in efficiency, when you could just grind instead. If anything, just use your workers for farming, which is a FAR less time-intensive way to earn passive silver. But even that isn't the greatest either, it's just something relatively quick to gather each day.

The answer to these questions is ALWAYS grind more. I'm not even kidding. It's so far and away the best use of your time in that game it isn't even funny. Life skills, workers, fishing, etc. have needed revamps for probably 2-3 years at this point.

Tldr: Never stop grindin'.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what do you do with your CP? Worker bee worthless shit for an extra couple million a day assuming you can even sell it?

That's essentially why I asked though. Grinding earns a ridiculous amount of silver now. Workers seem pointless at this point. So what do you do with all these artisan workers (my thought being just have them idle, so I'm not fucking with beer) and CP (invest in storage? although if I'm not having them gather worthless shit all day, I don't need it as much)?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean you can still send them off to work, it just doesnt make nearly as much money as grinding does anymore. I still do it, cause its just passive and I can make a shit ton of grilled bird that last for a long ass time, so its not a big deal to feed them.

Grinding is the ultimate money maker, but in at least my case, I will burn out if thats all I do. So I still go to bosses, I still gather, I do my workers, and lifeskills etc. Just to mix it up and not be stuck grinding the entire day. I would also assume those really silver heavy spots are rather contested and require to have agris and level 2 going constantly. I try not to compete or follow the people who have been playing for years, never stopping, so they have an insane amount of capital, buffs and such stored up.

Cp for town storage(if not maxed via $ or events) is nice too. Now with magnus and all the storage linked. It makes storing things so much easier, and you can organize each town with a certain type of stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So what do you do with your CP? Worker bee worthless shit for an extra couple million a day assuming you can even sell it?
Pretty much. Half the time I just don't even bother feeding them or fucking with them at all. It's just such a miniscule amount of silver for the time spent fucking with inventory, moving items around, listing shit, etc. I'd rather just go grind for an hour or so and make 10-20x the amount.

But, I'm also a guy who can grind all day/night and never really get bored as long as I'm still working toward a "goal". Mindless grinding for no purpose is stupid, but I did the OG endless potion grind and still look back on it fondly, even if the Ranoros piece alone took me 84 motherfucking hours.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

Treasures back in alternate spots (I wish they would just make it perminant at this point)

Yeah workers need a serious buff. I still do mine for items I need for alchemy, processing, or manor items. Otherwise I have hundreds of thousands of ore, coal, etc that just sit. Trading would get rid of it, but it is a massive time sink to level, and you lose too much silver from an hour of grinding

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm currently sitting at 260 AP and still saving up for my TET blackstar (around 10 billion). I haven't bought that iridescent lightstone yet though, and I'm wondering if it's worth taking 600 or whatever million and buying it for the monster AP boost? It'd set me back quite a bit towards the blackstar as I'm not the type to grind for 3 or 4 hours a day.

My gut tells me it's one of those things that'd pay for itself by making me clear faster and thus get money quicker, but it's so fucking expensive (I know it's actually not, but it's a big chunk of my current money and I'm getting pretty close to that blackstar).

Edit: Nevermind! Got my TET Blackstar. Now to...I guess work on probably my Jetina Crescent Guardian. Probably also need to go ahead and get a Tier 5 pet, although I wish I had a better one to upgrade with.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Dumb question, but does the light stone effect listed stats? I know there was always a debate if the extra stays from crystals, food, elixirs, etc really did much for your ap? I never followed the debate, but some people said the unlisted AP (I mean not your main number) didn’t really effect your overall ap number like you would think it would

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumb question, but does the light stone effect listed stats? I know there was always a debate if the extra stays from crystals, food, elixirs, etc really did much for your ap? I never followed the debate, but some people said the unlisted AP (I mean not your main number) didn’t really effect your overall ap number like you would think it would
It does. Search for BigAndShiny spreadsheets. Every grind spot has total AP cap based on everything you can use.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It does. Search for BigAndShiny spreadsheets. Every grind spot has total AP cap based on everything you can use.
Do you know how to read those freaking AP charts on Garmoth? I literally have no fucking clue what any of the numbers mean and I can't actually find where they're explained (the one that has "initial 5%," then "100%," "70% softcap" etc).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you know how to read those freaking AP charts on Garmoth? I literally have no fucking clue what any of the numbers mean and I can't actually find where they're explained (the one that has "initial 5%," then "100%," "70% softcap" etc).
Yea, those are numbers that BigAnd Shiny found, I think "cap" is the wrong word for this, rather diminishing returns would be best. You hit a threshold, then you will only get % of the AP past that point. So in all the various Elvia spots, if you go past the 100% AP range, you get hit with DR pretty hard. I'm sure its more complicated than that, and here is a discussion about the tests BigAndShiny ran and how these numbers came to be:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I am kind of sad. I was trying to grind artifacts in kratuga and ended up getting the compass piece to drop so now I sort of feel obligated to spend 18000 hours in hystria to get the other 2 pieces...

Also had the brilliant idea to suck it up and grind some of my old lvl 56 alts up to 60 so I can get my family fame up to 7k while its not season and already hating it before I even finish my first one (wizard).

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I missing something with the Barrier of Infestation quest line? I see all kinds of people saying to do it with gear way less than mine, but I go somewhere like Swamp Nagas yesterday and I probably died a dozen times trying to get just 100 trash. I have no idea how I'll do the even higher gearscore ones like orcs or castle ruins.

Ones like the imps and biraghis weren't too bad.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I just did the first kzarka after season ended on my succ nova with 271ap 311dp and died 3 times in the fight and barely finished it about 5-10 seconds after the timer hit 0. But people in server chat like to say you can do the first few "easily" in just full tuvala which is 247ap...

Honestly, i've always personally found 90%+ of what people say in game is total nonsense. Like people who used to claim back in the day that they'd pull 2-3x the amount of trash per hour that I was able to pull at any given spot, while having same gear as me. Saw some people in chat the other day saying you can do orcs in season gear, too. That's probably fake news but i've never tried orcs, maybe i'll give it a go on my nova later.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not even talking about the Kzarka fights yet though, just the fucking pre-quest stuff with the Elvia trash (100 of each).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What class are you? You have more dp than me so you should definitely be able to do the elvia stuff, at least nagas/fogans/biraghi. Not sure what all is required in that realm as you go on since I can't start week 2 yet. Some classes ARE way less squishy (i'm up to levelling my dk alt now and holy crap she gets melted at marie cave) depending on protected moves/iframes/etc. Succ nova is pretty beefy on the defensive front so biraghi/fogans/nagas aren't really a problem for her.

Do you use draughts and/or perfumes etc. when grinding, especially in the harder areas? Part of it too is just getting used to how you have to fight the mobs. The first few times I tried to do stars end back in the day I got shit on repeatedly but once I got used to how to position myself for the char I was on and whatnot, now its easy for me to do with just full tuvala and I only die to random rng nonsense like the other week I got randomly 1shot from full hp there and have no clue how since it wasn't a big dogpile of mobs or anything that did it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lahn, so pretty squishy.

And I stopped using crystals cause I was dying so much and had some break. Hadn't been using buffs either since it's 100 trash I need, and that seems expensive as fuck (especially if I die). Kind of a catch 22.

But that's why I asked. It doesn't seem like it should be as hard as it is that it'd necessitate all that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People say the first few Kzarka fights are easy because you can get a group of 3 to do them, three people in max Tuvala should be able to clear it. The last two fights are solo, and I would suggest much higher AP. I don't recall having to do 100 each of Serendia Elvia though, maybe it was changed. Elvia Orcs are probably the easiest to get, tbh, buuuuut that requires knowing how to work the mechanic there. Getting a small rotation, and using the Light mechanic to debuff the Orcs makes them trivial, even in Tuvala (though still dangerous).

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Crystals can make quite a big difference. Yea, it sucks losing them but i'd say you still want to at least run a mid-range set so that you have 5 crit and aspd/cspd whatever your class uses, and then some extra accuracy and ap or resists if you'd rather go that route (I used to like resist crystals at places where everything and its mom cc'd cause it gets annoying just spending 80% of your time in cc). And then on top of that a simple cron meal and a savage draught is less than 1.5m for the pair. -6% dmg from cron and -10% dmg from savage draught can be useful. Could also try slapping hp/mp recover on for a bunch of your skill add-ons if its more sustained damage that's getting you than wombo combos.

I haven't played lahn since I levelled her to 56 back when she released but i've heard for years that she is top tier pve. She's my next alt on the level up list though so I can pop over to some elvia spots on her when I get 60 and see how it feels for me at 273/266/311 gear.

Edit: Oh yea, I guess I should ask too. Do you have a fairy, preferably with miraculous cheer 5, for auto-potting? That is pretty clutch in spots that can hurt, too.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Will keep that in mind. Want to try to hit up week 1 Kzarka before reset so I can get the week 2 one this week too.

My fairy is T3 with miraculous cheer 2. I'm waiting on sweet honey wine's to upgrade it to T4 (need about 140 more). Although then it's the RNG portion of whether I actually get it. I have 2 orbs from some recent event. Don't really want to pay $2.50 every attempt at level 10 though (much less the more expensive ones). Especially since I just dropped $40 on getting the tent (well, $34 or something since I had a coupon, and used the rest on the returning player pack).