Black Desert

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well I just tried elvia fogans on my lahn after she hit 60 and I died at 56 trash, and of course my jin viper blew up (first crystal that's blown up in a long time, too, haha). I was playing it super safe too just trying to kill slowly and avoid dying. Apparently I didn't use my savage draught but I don't think that would've done much with how hard I was getting hit.

Edit: Took my nova over to the nagas and fogans for like 20 minutes today just to see if it was worse than I remembered but she didn't really have any problems with them. Wouldn't say it was a comfortable grind but I only got low hp once and even then I wasn't worried I might die when it happened. I'm sure part of it is the lvl 60 vs lvl 62 but it felt like lahn had no protected attacks or cc to let you get damage in without taking a bunch of big hits at the same time (or maybe I just don't know them, I was just trying to copy some combo I saw on a youtube video).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty big node cost adjustment in today's patch, should free up a lot of CP. Might start making crates again.

Wizard model got updated as well, finally. Lots of events leading up to the 7th anniversary in March.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New season the 28th, and it's the 7 year anniversary so looks like lots of extra events and shit. Korea is getting a 1000% XP boost.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Man I feel like I got jebaited by trolls on server chat last season. So many people were swearing protty cave was awesome exp. So I decided today to take my mystic out there (was next up in my list of alts i'm taking to 60, like 5 to go) since the trash loot got boosted in patch and the exp is trash, especially compared to marie cave but i'd even say it might be worse or maybe equal with polly or anywhere else too. Not going to take the time to compare it to those spots since marie cave is so nice, but it wouldnt' surprise me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I feel like I got jebaited by trolls on server chat last season. So many people were swearing protty cave was awesome exp. So I decided today to take my mystic out there (was next up in my list of alts i'm taking to 60, like 5 to go) since the trash loot got boosted in patch and the exp is trash, especially compared to marie cave but i'd even say it might be worse or maybe equal with polly or anywhere else too. Not going to take the time to compare it to those spots since marie cave is so nice, but it wouldnt' surprise me.

Polly is great up to 60 , maybe 61(I dunno I always quest to 61) but for 61 to 62 protty was equal to trees imo. And much better then polly by far, for that grind. ONly place that beats those 2 imo for that later grind is Sycraia(which is even more a bitch to get too).

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still say, for being so easy, Fogans for 61 to 62 is simply the best.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok, fair enough if its equal to trees for 61-62. I didn't test it for that, and that's what most people on season were saying about it. I just assumed that if it was good for 61-62 then it wouldn't be so bad for 56-60 but marie cave is probably 2x as fast, if not more.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still say, for being so easy, Fogans for 61 to 62 is simply the best.

I despise the desert, so I really am clueless about anything there really. I used to do bandits alot before all these new areas and that was about it. Only went further for MSQ.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I despise the desert, so I really am clueless about anything there really. I used to do bandits alot before all these new areas and that was about it. Only went further for MSQ.
I was the same way, out of Valencia I spent many many hours at Basilisks before the whole revamp. Now its really good and worth doing if you're not already grinding at Elvia+ spots.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
With new season coming so fast, has anyone played Hash on season or with season level gear? I can't take tier lists on youtube serious because nobody is ever honest in those things so just wondering if they're decent at grinding or not in that gearscore range and zone set. The only two characters I don't have are tamer and hash so those are the plan for this season to round out the roster.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eww, I can only imagine they're doing it to promote the afk fishing even harder. I guess on the bright side arsha grinding will probably be wide open.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Holy moly, talk about easy mode for the new season. They cut the weekly season kill quest by 90% or more. What were 5000 kill quests are now 400-500.

That’s a bit extreme, even for someone like me who is inefficient at grinding those took 2 to 3 hours tops or so to do. And you only had like one to do in a season for the pass.

Now to decide what to play, and eventually what to timepiece. :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The big aspect of the Fishing season is the easy acquisition of 10 Burning Moonlight Stones, and 21 additional Dreamy Crystals. The 10 Burnings will help complete a Jetina accessory (I think), and the 21 Deamy Crystals seem to be able to be used on existing Capotia accessories, so another free PEN Capotia(?). Super nice for newer players.

Edit: Ah, forgot that the Cap acc needs to be at TRI for the Dreamy Crystals to work, so you get a TRI Cap Ring at 62, which can then hit PEN.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s a bit extreme, even for someone like me who is inefficient at grinding those took 2 to 3 hours tops or so to do. And you only had like one to do in a season for the pass.

Now to decide what to play, and eventually what to timepiece. :)

I wish this game had more ranged options. Especially as everyone one of these become boss alts pretty much. But I have already done ranger, maegu, witch and sage. There is some with kind of middle max melee but I want ranged ranged. 7 out of the 26 are actual ranged(with 2 of those being mirrors, ranger/archer, witch/wizard), so really just 5.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hash awakening quest took forever =/. Don't think i've tried marie cave with only 250dp before, hopefully these monster dmg reduction artifacts help make it not horrible lol.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It wasn't too bad. Burnt a couple hundred pots going 56-60 but wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Did come quite close to dying a couple times, tho.

Edit: Done with season pass now. Forgot to pick up the quest that gives fughar necklace and now i'm 60.6 and have to kill 3k mobs for it so guess that's a rip. Oh well. Gonna try and ride protty cave to 62 if the exp ends up actually being decent and maybe get some drops from there for once.

Last edited: