Black Desert

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You'd think so. Just did the Awakened Black Spirit boss. In the time it took me to kill it, 3 different Nova's all killed theirs.

I'm doing something majorly wrong, and I have no clue what. Level 55 and full PEN Naru now. I was told Lahn was one of the best PVE classes, and I can't seem to fucking kill anything.

Naru gear is utter trash, especially the accessories. Those Nova's are prolly in full quest armor, upgraded quest accessories, and have a black abyssal weapon upgraded to obsidian. Plus a handful of AP crystals. That's what I did and had zero issues. But those mobs you are talking about I remember being tough for one of my alts who I hadn't twinked out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that it means much, but I went back to Helms to grind out 55-56 (for some reason the Mediah story finished me at 4% into 55) and with Tuvala gear, it felt much better. But I guess that's a given with better gear.

I also want to reiterate how nutty this is. My main previously was 56 with about 45% xp. In under 20 hours my season character is 56 with about 10%.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time they release new content the softcap goes up iirc. I remember when 50 was intial, anything past that was crazy, then 55, then 60 etc.

I would love to try nova, but I really don't want to buy a costume, clothes, pets, inventory/weight etc for it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time they release new content the softcap goes up iirc. I remember when 50 was intial, anything past that was crazy, then 55, then 60 etc.

I would love to try nova, but I really don't want to buy a costume, clothes, pets, inventory/weight etc for it.
No need to do that now, really. You get a normal armor costume (Dobart, Taritas, Grunil, Lemoria, etc) for each Region MSQ you complete now, and the Seasonal armor (Tuvala) looks good by itself. You get 4, and soon 5 pet via quests. You get quite a lot of inventory via quests. You get a long last +200wt buff for doing a Seasonal character, and if you happen to like the class, you could buy +100wt from the Loyalty shop. If you actually did want to spend money, then getting the Deluxe Upgrade package from the website or steam store for $27 is an amazing deal.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, leveling to 61 can be done in a day now.

Buying costumes is kinda easier, but not for a new class. Preorders for the 1 Nova costume were up to like 1500 last I checked, with like 260 sold so far.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What should I use these Morning Frostflowers for? Seems like the Manos Riding Crop is pretty good.

Sounds like a lot of people get the weapon exchange things, but seeing how I have no intention of swapping weapons between characters, is that really that good?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weapon exchange tickets, riding crop and caphras bundles are the best I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nova Awakening / Succession trailer:

Awakening looks very fast, maybe a combo of DK/Sorc, no pet though. Succession looks like more of the same, but with that new Khalk summon.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks really nice, can't wait for next week to try them out. I've enjoyed Nova a lot so far, considering switching to it for my main.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been addicted to this again. Can't remember exactly why I quit (imagine it was enhancements though).

Loving this season server though. I think I started 1-2 days into the season, so about a week total?

Untitled.png

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Been addicted to this again. Can't remember exactly why I quit (imagine it was enhancements though).

Loving this season server though. I think I started 1-2 days into the season, so about a week total?

View attachment 326455

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Didn't realize how "into" this I had been until I logged into my old warrior and realized he was artisan 1 in almost every lifeskill (not really a big deal now, but was back in 2017 when I last played). I knew I had spent a lot of time afk fishing with him, but had no idea how much time I spent gathering and such.

The season stuff is fucking great. It's awesome being able to "catch up" so quickly. I remember what a slog it was to hit 56+ back in the day and get to 150ish AP (my old warrior was only at 130). I just wish most of the classes I wanted to play/try weren't fucking chicks. I hate when games force gender on classes as I can't stand playing a fucking female avatar.

I'm 99% sure I quit over the enhancement bullshit too, but they've added a lot of ways to "help" lock shit by giving out Valks like candy, Cron Stones, etc. After watching a lot of videos though, I'm probably just going to ignore it, sell off all my enhancement shit, and just buy upgrades. I'm one of the unluckiest people when it comes to RNG (I flat refuse to play most "strategic" boardgames because of it), so I don't want failing a big upgrade to be the reason I quit again. Just avoiding/skipping the hassle/luck factor seems like the much saner option, even if it's more expensive in the long run.

I hate being so into this again now. I'm at working looking at spreadsheets, listening to videos, etc. It reminds me so much of an ARPG in its mechanics/systems, yet still very MMOish. I don't know, it's the perfect combo for my brain as it allows (even encourages, really) for you to just sit in areas and grind your life away, hoping for rare drops, but is at the same time deep as hell if you're an autistic min/maxer like I can be. That's one of the largest reasons I find myself always going back to PoE and BDO offers a lot of PoE's systems/gameplay in MMO form, I feel.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Buy the upgrades if you can. You will save massive amounts of pain and silver in the long run. The way the game is handing out cron stones now, always save up for weapon attemps. Remember if you enchant accessories, even with crons they can downgrade one level.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never understood why they would want to keep an enhancement system that causes so many people to quit, myself included.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Also remember if you get bored on land, the sea content in the game is amazing. I’ve got the galleass up to blue grade +10 equipment, and a caravel at +10 green. You can take on almost anything at that point, and bartering gets easier with the upgraded ships.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Never understood why they would want to keep an enhancement system that causes so many people to quit, myself included.
I always figured it was for pearl sales. The enchanting system is the most painful I have ever played. I’m trying to get five blackstar weapons to TRI right now and it’s an absolute silver sink.
At least now there is so many items in the market you can always get a backup set fairly easily
Make sure you do your rift bosses. It’s an easy source of cron stones and basic accessories. It is pretty easy money if you just sell off the base stuff like ogres

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I actually hit a +10 noble wagon wheel last night, on a 9% chance. Only had to invest around 20mil. Really considering selling it, but since I'm a horse nerd, I convinced myself to keep it. 40mil profit isn't much, really.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I actually hit a +10 noble wagon wheel last night, on a 9% chance. Only had to invest around 20mil. Really considering selling it, but since I'm a horse nerd, I convinced myself to keep it. 40mil profit isn't much, really.
Not even a full wagon, just the fucking wheel?

• 1Worf

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Are you doing much trading? Is it worth it any more?