Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, what is up with the new login reward system? I understand how it is for the Value Pack / Kama / Old Moon scrolls, but its going on with the normal rewards too. I swear I'm somehow behind a day or two, but no idea how. Basically, you have to click each reward and manually accept it, rather than it being automagically placed in your BS Safe.

Molten Core Raider
The buff items from the login rewards are automatically applied when they come in as far as I can tell. You wont get a physical item to use, they are just applied to your existing buff time. I havent had to click to receive any rewards since maintenance, I havent seen what youre referring to.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The buff items from the login rewards are automatically applied when they come in as far as I can tell. You wont get a physical item to use, they are just applied to your existing buff time. I havent had to click to receive any rewards since maintenance, I havent seen what youre referring to.
This is what I see on both the buffs and loyal rewars:
logins.jpg

In the above image, I have to manually click on the current Value Pack (day 4) and click "Yes" to the prompt in order for it to become active. On Loyal, I have to do the same thing before the item gets placed in my Safe.

Edit: Logging in to take that screenshot also let me see that someone filled my PO for a Flame of Frost, so I got my Labreska Helm today. What a bitch cursed helm though. Started with a 100fs, and it finally popped at 160.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
That's bizarre, mine arent doing that, they're just dropping into the vault/being used like normal. Grats on the helm though.

I dumped 6billion into that failstack event to get my 231 stack ready for when I get the crons and/or balls to begin attempting PEN Blackstar. Since I have so many Specter's Energy, im thinking about questing another awakened weapon and trying to level it to pen while using my tet. Im 40 pity pieces away from finishing this Inf hp pot. This Ronaros part has been absolute torture...

edit - got the full piece to drop from the Ronaros tonight, 61 pity pieces in. Fuck those guys...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's bizarre, mine arent doing that, they're just dropping into the vault/being used like normal. Grats on the helm though.

I dumped 6billion into that failstack event to get my 231 stack ready for when I get the crons and/or balls to begin attempting PEN Blackstar. Since I have so many Specter's Energy, im thinking about questing another awakened weapon and trying to level it to pen while using my tet. Im 40 pity pieces away from finishing this Inf hp pot. This Ronaros part has been absolute torture...

edit - got the full piece to drop from the Ronaros tonight, 61 pity pieces in. Fuck those guys...
Very nice, grats!

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

Grats! I just got the Sher piece. How was blood wolves for their piece? I’ve got one pity piece so far.

What did you start at for that 6billion failstack? That is insane. I thought about it, but I need the silver for my guaranteed PEN Griffon

Molten Core Raider
The bloodwolves were really easy for me it felt like. I made the loop around the raised/cliff like area and as a nova it was a super fast grind. I farmed up 40ish pity pieces in just a few days (maybe 8-10 hours of grinding?) and got the full piece drop at 47 pity.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend you make the move on the big failstack. The guaranteed PEN will always be there and never go away, there's no rush. You have about three weeks left with this failstack event and trust me, there will not be an easier way to build a 230+ stack than this. I used a 147 stack to start with and cranked it up to 231 and used the rest of the pieces to build a 173 stack (starting from 100). You should prioritize this as you will need a stack that size to work on PEN Blackstar stuff one day. That guaranteed PEN griffon hat will be there when you get back to it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, the Heidel Ball was announced for 9/24, and we'll most likely get a "J's Hammer" (free enhancement attempt, no crons needed).

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
So right now I’m running PEN dandie and Kutum with awakening, with Tri blackstar for main hand. Is it better to start switching out the Kutum and Dandi for blackstar? I’m not sure the benefits outweigh the pain of trying to get blackstar to TET or PEN even with that new 230 FS. I don’t pvp except arena, and I’m so bad there I have no plans to do it in the future . I know Blackstar is bis for pve, but have you all noticed a huge difference? Is it better just to max Caph the Dandi?

Molten Core Raider
My opinion is get a TET blackstar as your primary wep (if youre awakening, get BS awakening, etc). Funnel caphras into your armor to raise DP and begin the groundwork toward Fallen God/Labreska. Your offhand should be the last thing you work on, if youve got PEN Kutum, you're fine. Even if your offhand is only TET, it's still good enough for now, dont invest much there yet. Whatever you have as the weapon you dont actively use, just let it ride as is for now. Save the 230 failstacks until we get the J hammers from the Heidel ball.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
So Ronaros do suck. I never really paid attention to them before, but OMG they ARE spread out. This is going to take a while, even on Drak which has some pretty good movement.

The thing I hate about this game is that it teases you, you get one piece (map, potion, ring…etc), get all excited and think “ oh this isn’t too bad, how long is this really going to take?” Then 200 hrs later you want to throw the keyboard out the window. I’m getting eq flashbacks - at least the Carrok you have a general idea of what you need to do and how many Months it is going to take

At least they upped the trash loot. Took your advice and got the FS up to 230. At least the potion grind refills the coffers (unlike my bartering) got the PEN gloves on a 150 stack (luck).
Once you are all PEN are you all focusing on getting each piece to Caph level 4 for the ez upgrades or going straight to fallen god’s armor?

Molten Core Raider
I went straight to Fallen God first, then i started spreading caphras around to the other pieces. No idea if that's the suggested/preferred method though so take that with a grain of salt.

Ronaros were so annoying, and they are such trolls too. You will get a bazillion of those worthless little rings and every time your character will cheer and jump and for a split second every time, you're going to think you got the potion piece, but nope, shitty ring or marni box. Every time I went to grind on them i broke it down into 1 hour chunks and as long as I got at least two pity pieces in that hour, I didnt feel as if it were wasted. During that hour though I got a ton of trash loot, rings, doom horse mats, etc and make serious bank.

Since finishing the potion I have moved into Hystria. For some reason I want that permanent compass. I already have the Aakman part, which is the easy one, and in my free time Ive been killing for an hour or so on my Nova or collecting knowledge on an alt when I need a break. Got my first Disto bought and even ran a second Blackstar weapon up to Duo Godr and have been using it/trying to sell it to fund my second Disto.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I think I’d use the compass more than the potions to be honest. With sea monster hunting it just makes more sense. I’m going to move into hysteria as well and see what I can get. I belive it is as hard as the map piece unfortunately. The good thing is I’ve always liked grinding in Hysteria. The setup just is smooth if you can get the central chamber; and there is a vendor to junk sell to if you run out of maids. Just a fun area with daily decent rewards if the rng gods smile on you

Molten Core Raider
Slow. Downside to trying for the compass or map after the potion is there is no pity pieces for those, just gotta grind and grind and grind and....etc

Im kinda losing interest in BDO again, I usually go hard for a few months then put it down for six months or more. Im just floating by atm waiting on the Heidel ball thing next week so i can waste my Jhammers then probably uninstall for a while :p

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
How goes the compass search? I’ve been reading the Hysteria grind is the worst for any of the rare items (expect I assume the merchant’s ring) I’ve been doing the Elton river run just to see what it offers. Good density of them with just enough trash mobs to keep getting the tent 50% buff and not have to drain the warehouse

sorry about double post

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spent an hour at Pila Ku yesterday, got both Map pieces after some 30+hrs of no pieces at all. Sadly, there were no gems on the Market to finish it, will be my second. Really surprising thing is that the rotation I was doing only had 1 mob which drops the rare piece, Sordid Deportee.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Duodecil did an updated Agris efficiency video, its good. Can skip til the end to see the list of what spots are best for using Agris:

Also, has a code to redeem. Gives 1 Dragon's Blessing. AGRI SPRO JECT 2022

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My luck is on a roll. Got the full drop from Sherekhan today during night time grind. Was at 58 pity pieces.