Black Desert

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
yeah they are pretty good! Gonna grab some myself.

Looking forward to the Magnus event coming up. Seems like that could be interesting. Grinding as much as possible at crescents, I don’t want to go back to ronaros. Then I think I’ll work on the manor items and Carrook after the pot pieces Going to need a grind break (although the silver has been good. I’ve been doing Kratuga lately and the layten drops in the mini game are like > 70 lately)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, Nova's and Valk's get pretty good new cosplay costumes. Glad PA finally got off their asses and made new ones instead of recycling the same ones for another year. Barely playing, still gonna buy em. I have a problem...
Dunno, I think the outfit for Valk doesn't suit her at all, but Nova's is really nice... for Awakening. The outfit Guardian got is really nice for that class, imo. I got the ones for my Witch/Wiz, both look good, though the Wiz outfit is the better of the two for their class.

There will be a new Halloween outfit later this month as well for all classes.

Was grinding at Saunils today and had a great encounter. A Siege Tower event had just started, pulled in a Saunil Commander (weak Elite), then a Saunil Capt spawned (strong Elite), and an Ogre spawns. The Tower event occured at a Flag where 2 adjacent packs could aggro into the mess. Was totally chaotic, but fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's odd seeing actual xp gain while grinding, but at 62 I'm getting a little over 2%/hr at Elvia Saunils. Money is ass though.

Molten Core Raider
These awesome events always seem to hit when Im at a bleh point with the game. Huge exp boosts, huge drop rate boosts, zero interest in sitting there mashing orcs. Gonna do my dark rifts tomorrow morning and see how Im feeling about things. Might try to grind out an hour somewhere in Marni-land. Been tempted to raw rage-tap my TET BS and either it goes or I bail for a few months but I dont have the nerve :p

• 1Solidarity

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Dont do it! You will regret it in a month! lol!

I'm still trying to get the pot pieces, I wish they would run one event at a time. You dont get much exp at Crescents. I did have one of the new solo gatekeeper mobs spawn. That was actually a fun fight. Was a Crescent Gatekeeper, with 244 AP and 307 DP I had no problems with him. He does all the Gatekeeper attacks but just at a MUCH reduced attack . Drops were trash loot, several Yona's Frags, Gold Bars and something else I missed; but nothing earth shattering. It was just a random spawn as I was grinding, but ended up being a fun encounter

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been trying to do the Elvia Weekly (Calph) the past couple of days, but the Gigagord just won't spawn. All I get are Ogres and Cyclops. Annoying. Made 11.3% xp though.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two new classes coming, first on Dec 14th (Woosa), the second in January (Maegu). Twin sisters. Will post gameplay once its up on YouTube (Woosa), the Maegu gameplay atm is just for Mobile (looks insane), so the PC version will be a bit different.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny, BDO will finally get dancing.... but only for Shai.

Edit: Lots of freebies though from this Calpheon Ball (LA edition).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks cool, though their class design and combat always looks cool. Is there a new season with it?

Molten Core Raider
Jhammer and the crons gave me two more fails at the PEN Blackstar, back into hibernation until the next hammers are given out i guess :confused:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, new Season should start on the 14th with Woosa release. Seems a bit rushed since we're not getting a pre creation event, but they gave a lot of freebies out tonight at the Ball:

CALP HEON GIFT 4YOU

CALP HEON QUIZ SHOW

They also showed a bit more of some of her skills, two of which are going to make ppl mad in PvP; one gives her an absorption shield that will store all dmg taken to used on her next attack (within a time frame), and the other is a passive that will CC anyone who lands a CC on her (while she is standing under the cloud a couple of her skills create).

Lots of other stuff too. The expansion will be released for KR in Feb, and Global ... after localization, so many months later. There will be -zero- grind spots in the new area, but there will be 8 solo boss fights for players to try at launch.

Edit: Info here: Calpheon Ball 2022 - Upcoming Content - Black Desert Foundry

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jhammer and the crons gave me two more fails at the PEN Blackstar, back into hibernation until the next hammers are given out i guess :confused:
Check for new login rewards starting tomorrow, or after the 14th, we'll get 10 of those Dark Hunger things that increase a failstack, the another J Hammer with Maegu's release in January.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah i saw those coming. I still log in daily for the rewards but that's been the extent of my playing over the last few weeks (months?). The hunger things are the rewards on the final two days of the special log in, day 13 and 14. I started to wait for them to use the hammer and crons, but my stack is so big, that they really wouldnt be worth using on it. All up to rng at this point.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently the Awakenings for Woosa and Maegu will have them swap weapons (combat styles will still be different though), so Woosa will get the Charm and Maegu will get the Fan.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So I've now got 2 200+ stacks, 2 170-180 stacks and like a bajillion 50-150 stacks as every attempt I've done for tet or pen has been a failure over the last few months and it's just as unfun as I remembered the first time I quit due to it.

Think I'm going to gamble the rest on accessories and when they too poof go back in the asian MMO closet until Throne and Liberty or whatever comes out next.]

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've now got 2 200+ stacks, 2 170-180 stacks and like a bajillion 50-150 stacks as every attempt I've done for tet or pen has been a failure over the last few months and it's just as unfun as I remembered the first time I quit due to it.

Think I'm going to gamble the rest on accessories and when they too poof go back in the asian MMO closet until Throne and Liberty or whatever comes out next.]

This is why I either never bothered, or just sold it all at a certain point and try to buy things instead. Rolling a .0001%(I am just throwing a random number out there) is never fun, more so if you actually care and have a goal.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If I cared to invest more time I'd just grind and buy, but that it also giga unfun since the whole loop only enables you to continue grinding, but at new spots that aren't even as good income as some of the lower ones.

It's just such a weird punishing gear system for no real payoff other than rolling worse geared people I guess and that isn't really my jam.

One day these asian MMO makers are going to release their top quality art/world/combat game without the gacha/p2w/gear sinks and pop off. Lost Ark almost got there so maybe in our life time. =D

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the people pushing that hard, are into for the pvp. Node wars were still a big thing iirc. Not just to grind more or faster.